Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Rants
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I am angry that Falcao had to go and score 2 hattricks before DF started. I would prefer it if he picked up his form in September after the window closed. Falcao was one of my first players picked.... You don't normally see a 20+ goal scorer in the past season going for less than 16. 5 million.

Now after he scored the two hattricks I bet the number of people who picked him skyrocketed.
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I got Falcao for a cheap 14 million, and after scoring two hat-tricks his price went up but many people on footytube still bought him
I think lots of people still got him when he was 14 million
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
Yeah I saw 24 goals last season, for 14M, I thought autobuy. Everybody else that +20 goals is around 20M or more. Except one guy but I'm keepin him in my back pocket for later
Cebolla (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Let me guess.... Dost? Was he playing in one any of the 4 leagues last season?
I had Dost.... But sold him after seeing a highlight reel. All penalties or tap ins.... I am not even exagerating
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I have Dost but I don't really expect him to score 20+ goals this season. But he will score goals and he's a starter so 3m is barely a risk for me
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Dost scored only 4 goals from the spot out of 32 goals in the dutch league last season
Either way, it doesn't matter whether it's spot kicks or taps ins or ugly deflections. A goal = 5 points. Good enough for me.
Well I didn't get him because I don't think he will get the same freedom to operate that he got in the Eredivisie
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I can't stand that some people who made their DreamFooty team early on got deals like Carrera for 3m or Vidic for 7. 5m (I think). It makes me feel so angry lol. If I got Carrera for 3m, my team would've been so, so much stronger. I never played DF before, except for Euro's this year. I didn't know that at first, some players/managers are vastly underpriced, and I made my team relatively late. As a result, I missed out on some of those deals/glitches made by FT. If I knew, I would've logged on immediately after it opened and would've gotten those cheap deals. Arrrrgh, lol. The whole thing's pretty unfair to me.

Rant over
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol a few years back when this game started I went on the first day when there were tons of bugs. So I got Rio Ferdinand for 1m, before they corrected the glitch. I happily watched as he went on to be my highest earning defender
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Did anyone else pick Parma's Rosi in defence? Cost £4m, I was gonna' rage that he wasn't playing but then he came on with 10 minutes to go and scored. Parma kept a clean sheet in that match. 18 points for a £4m defender who played 10 minutes! Woooooo.
Also falcao not playing is ridiculously annoying, especially in the form he's in
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Don't expect Rosi to do that in every game.
Atletico and chelsea played in the uefa super cup last weekend. I'm sure most of us that bought him knew that and were willing to accept the one game missed
I just bought him a while ago and wasn't checking the la liga fixtures very carefully. Anyway wasn't the super cup on a friday? They could have played on a sunday too if they really wanted to.
@Rubin tbh I wasn't expecting him to play much, I normally sacrifice my defenders so that I have a strong attack
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Ahh Rosi just got himself sent off....
I knew it wouldn't last. I didn't really think about a sub defender either as I was so tempted by attacking players.
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Yeah, tough luck there. In that same game (I have Fiore's keeper Viviano) it looked like a guarantee Fiore would get all 3 points and a clean sheet, but f*****g Luca Toni, the giant who is only good at being big, had to ruin it by giving away a penalty
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Haha, jeroen something bad happens evrytime I watch a match for DF lol. Instead of letting me enjoy the matches more (which it should) it gives me heart attacks
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
I picked Messi and Mueller.... And made Messi my Star.... Got 23 pts so far.... However Mueller has 21.... Good move I think...
If you have a player who's gonna' score 80 goals and get 30 assists in a season, you sure as hell should make him your star striker
Nice attacking duo btw
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
Only prob is the leader boards show a lot more pts then my team.... Messi has 43 but I have 22? In fact a bunch of points are all off...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
That's because the points from August are in ther as well Reid. So not to worry, the points you've been given are correct
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Well, I thought Brkić (Udinese) was going to be a decent choice and a steal for a 5m goalkeeper and what, he gets a red card, on top of that it's controversial, on top of that Udinese score a useless goal that wipes my chances of double clean sheet with Juve defenders.
Like someone said about Szczęsny in the Euros: "Don't buy a goalkeeper whose name you can't pronounce"
Brkic owner here as well. I have him and the Stuttgart manager. So I got -14 from both of them on my first DF day.... Yup
Cebolla (FC Porto) 2 years ago
One of my strikers Ibisevic (7. 5m) got sent off too lol, now I have no subs to replace him. Terrible start!
Hithere I would've gone with lazio's manager if I were looking for a deal there. He was only 3M and playing europa. But yeah, another brkic owner crying in my beer here =(
I got lazio's manager simply as he was the cheapest. Considering he's managing quite a big team he seems ridiculously cheap
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
This thread needs more angry Wenger:

So I thought buying Sakai form Stuttgart was a good idea. Next day, they get thrashed 6-1.

But I am very happy with the team I have anyway, so I'll just rock on with Arsène:

Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Can't find my pocket!!

Yes Finally!

Buying Sakai from Stuttgart and see them get demolished in their first game of the season.... Lol, I know that feel, bro
I got Sakai too.... But I didn't start him. Crisis averted. Luckily I didn't get fooled by Brkic and his 5 million price tag either
I hope messi contracts mono and can't play for a year. Because it seems a lot of people did the ronaldo/messi double and I didn't so I need a leg up on them =P
Always go for Messi. He was the first one on my team. Interesting choice though with Falcao+Ronaldo+Berbatov. I'm not so sure about Berba
When berbatov plays he's an elite scorer. He proved that the season he won the EPL golden boot playing mainly as a sub. I never understood why fergie was so down on such a gifted player. Plus for 7M I think the risk is pretty minimal
I agree, berb's a good buy, missed him myself, although I'm not sure he'll get the service he needs now that dembele and dempsey have gone
I would've found a way to find 1m extra and pay for Villa instead of Berba tbh. But if the latter adapts quickly to his new club, he could be a great buy for 7m. We all know what he's capable of
Tecko (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Seems like many of you guys need a place to vent your frustrations and complain about the injustice your team has suffered

Thus I decided to make this thread. Just come in and pour your grievances about Dreamfooty, whether is it regarding injuries to your key players or underperforming stars in your team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football