Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Rants
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 1 year ago
Here's a problem I'm sure a lot would love to have; I have no idea who to trade! The only difference between me and the top guy is that he has huszti and a malaga defender, but I fully expect them to come back to earth soon. Marek Hamsik will blow by Huszti by season's end and Malaga have played a bunch of cupcakes so far. Still, top marks to 1st place, and doing so with a full roster no less.

I might just stand pat this window unless anybody has any ideas. I have 4M in the bank, but I'm using that to buy a backup defender; probably Cavanda from Lazio
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Manchester City finally gets a clean sheet....    Kompany isn't in the line up.    Rage!
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 1 year ago
LMAO, this line should be in a MEME ahahaha
HangTime (Chelsea) 1 year ago
*like*  Pique is my star and got the least amount of pts from all my defenders
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Yeah, I'm in the Kompany boat too. I'm seriously thinking of selling him for Gibbs+Rafael. I just hate the fact I'll be one of the thousands who have them then. The season just started and everyone has the same team for 50%
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I noticed you got Isla too. What's your view on Isla? Keep him or drop him? I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice to get him or if he'll start playing by the second half of the season.
So glad I got Messi and Ronaldo though, making up for lost points in other positions
I did make wrong choices, because I was under the impression there would only be a transfer window in January.... So I thought on the long-term. That's why I bought Isla, and that's why I didn't use a PRO+ window yet. But I was wrong, and now I lost about 150-200 points due to my negligence. Oh well, there are far, far worse problems in this world
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I finally got some points from Silvestre yesterday. Wow
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Why hasn't Falcao played in the last few games? Is he injured?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
Yeah, he sustained a minor thigh injury last week, but should be fit for the next game against Malaga on Sunday.
What's your opinion on Zanetti's position as a centre mid instead of playing full back like before?
He plays well in any position he's given, be it right midfielder, right full back, left full back or defensive midfielder. I don't mind what position he plays as long as Inter win.
AnthonysOpinion (Atlético Madrid) 1 year ago
Can't wait for the transfer window. Need to buy a goalie who plays!

My defence has 85 points and Pepe is responsible for 84 of 'em. LoL. I dunno what I was drinking but my choices were horribly off-the-mark.

I will blame my inaccurate belief that I needed to fill my bench with 5 subs for most of my misfortune, but why I chose Michael Laudrup as my manager, I cannot explain. Oh wait! I know. I know. My toddler must've clicked the mouse. Yeah, that's it.

Is it possible to buy a new manager during the October transfer window? Does buying a manager count as one of the three allowable purchases?

Rant concluded.

Salud
Unfortunately buying a manager does count as one of your purchases. But good news is that you can sell as many as you want. Just a limit of buying 3
Thank you, sir. I am very interested in selling 6 at least. It could go all the way to 8!
HangTime (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Lol.... You must really have an interesting defence
At what point do you reach -- at the very least -- Tier 5?

Beck's Loo Servicing was funny for a bit, but I've since matured. Will my Fan Valuation be permanently stuck at £0 unless I Go Pro? I would prefer to retain my amateur status.

Frankly, I just want some fresh shirt options. My side reeks (I thought I needed Five Subs); I am content with that. We could at least look good
I agree about fresh new logos! They were made by many of us footytubers before the first DF kicked off years ago.
Many of the jokes are old now and no longer relevant. I'm sure if new fake sponsor logos were made today, there'll be a few jokes on handshaking, and new managers like AVB (AVB's Dance Studio, anyone?)

As for your fan valuation I have no idea. Keep writing comments and being active on footytube I guess
I declare this day as footytube Posting Day!
Ibra's Kicking Karate Class?

Wenger Water? Where your water always gives you a good bounce

Mourinho's Monocles.... For those who don't want to be poked in the eye
Steven Taylor and Joao Pereira injured. I don't know how serious the injuries are but I see my Dreamfooty season is going fantastically
Joao's injury is minor according to what I've heard, the coach subbed him early really probably to preserve him ahead of the champions league game next week
And this, my friends, is why I buy subs
Lioto (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
I bought subs but not for defensive positions, and you can't play three at the back.
Cheers for giving me good injury news on Joao Pereira, dodged a bullet there
Got impatient. Used my emergency transfer. M. Silvestre hasn't played since I got him so I had to take him out. But instead of going for Ranocchia I decided to get Isla while he's cheap. Hope he stays fit and starts playing games.

Also replaced my Stuggart manager with the Lazio manager to make room
You only made 2 changes and you had an emergency transfer? Are you sure about Dost? I've not really been convinced by Wolfsburg at all this season they've only got 2 goals in 4 games and didn't look very good at all when I saw them.
I'm not trying to be critical but I think Dost looked too good to be true, there is a big gulf in class in the eredivise which explains his goalscoring rate and there was a decent chance he wouldn't repeat it with Wolfsburg (obviously he could go on to prove me wrong). I might suggest Son (I don't know his price) of Hamburg as Hamburg look to be finally getting their act in gear this season following last season's pretty dire performance.
Anyway I'm mostly saying this as I just enjoy discussing dreamfooty, but if I had an emergency transfer window I'd probably shake quite a few things up
You can only buy 2 players per emergency transfer. I'm not sure about Wolfsburg this season either but with 3m I got for Dost, I can't really buy anyone else. Hopefully he ends up scoring a few.

You got a pretty decent team for a non-PRO+ player. And more points than me! Lol
Cheers, I'm pretty sure my front 3 got 135 goals together (although that's with messi so not so hard to do). Your team will be better in the long run when ozil and hazard start picking up the big points
Free tip: jenkinson of arsenal is only 5M and has started every game so far
You're right.... But keep in mind that Sagna will be returning to action in 2 weeks. I wanted to get Jenkinson at the beginning, but Arsenal keepers ain't safe enough for me.

I watched Naldo against Bayern, he was terrible! His lack of pace and reaction cost 2 goals and probably his spot too
I stayed away from Arsenal because I don't see a lot of depth in their LB position. Once Gibbs gets injured (he has a history of injuries) who is left?

Don't say Andre Santos...
Tecko (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Santos is a decent back-up. Loves to burst forward and help out with the attack, though he is defensively suspect at times. AW was actually thinking of converting him into a left wing-back/winger) if I am not wrong
I would've gone with Ranocchia because Isla has strong competition with Lichtsteiner, but it seems like you don't trust Ranocchia. You made the right choice by selling the Stuttgart manager as they have been horrible. When the transwer window opens in October, I'm gonna' sell my Stuttgart player, unless they improve until then
It's not that I don't trust Ranocchia. He'll play pretty much every game. I just trust Juve more than Inter, no offence lol. But yeah, it's still a gamble on Isla. And I feel like I need a good gamble to climb the leaderboards
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I have Lichtsteiner, 37 points over 5 games. I have Silvestre too
My problem is De Sciglio, I lost points because he was not expected to play after Abate got back and I had him on the bench. 2 clean sheets gone lost
I want to open up my window to sell my Stuttgart player as well. But I don't want to waste it by selling just one player.... Is it bad that I have my fingers crossed that someone on my team gets like an 18 game ban or something? Won't name names
Still early enough that you don't need to take risks to move up the board I feel. Things still need to normalize. Ronaldo still hasn't gotten going, ozil is nowhere near at his best, and I think Isla was a bad bet. He's played one match this year?

In other news, 30th place! Woooooooo! Ok *breathe* just act like you've been here before >
I think Isla will get more games I believe he was injured though earlier on. I also agree that its too early to panic unless you have one of the players who got some bad injuries ie Puyol, Kelly, not really sure who else
Yeah Isla was injured, that's mainly why he didn't play. Although I thought he was back from injury and it worries me a bit that he didn't play midweek.

I'm not really panicking but from past DF experience I know that some player prices will really shoot up when (or before) the normal transfer window opens. The Lazio manager, Ranocchia and a few other bargains prices WILL go up. Isla's price can go up too if he gets enough game time. So it's best to use the emergency transfer window when the prices are still down
I agree with you there, I am tempted to open it just to get a good deal on some defenders but reality is that he is only really a sub so is it really worth it for me?
Link: forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/09/roma-awarded-3-0-...
What happens to dreamfooty then? I have balzaretti and a 3-0 win would get him some decent points (cleansheet and win). I doubt I'd get anything for it, I know I'm clutching at straws
Interesting. But I'm guessing, since he didn't actually "play", he'll get 0 points. Like an unused sub of a winning team I guess
I kinda guessed that, it's just disappointing
Casten was supposed to play too.... Damn.... Got a few points burnt
My star players keep giving me the run around. They never perform well together in one single week! I have Lahm as my star defender and he hasn't got single cleansheet until today as bayern always concede that odd goal.

Sad to say, hazard was anon this week. Messi nearly scored so many times but still didn't score (damn the defender's own goal's assist should count!)

Instead 3m and 5m defenders are giving me some cleansheets in place of star defender. Just facepalm lol. Started DF week one in the 680+... Now still not break into 100th... Only at 142th

I just starting to feel like this:

@Jeroen this wenger gif for you, not angry one haha

Messi is the only star player I'm happy with right now. Ozil is not on form at the moment but I'm gonna' be patient and keep him. Jordi Alba is another one I'm gonna' be patient with too
Haha.... Yup Messi's been raking in the points.... I just hope things go better too. I used my emergency transfer too, to get more options
Hithere, I think your mistake was actually spending a lot of money on Ronaldo, who hasnt performed up to his standard yet and you could've spent the money left over from a cheaper attacker on better defenders/midfielders or on subs. But perhaps Ronaldo will pick up his pace soon. Football is so unpredictable.
Haha, I have exactly the same problem! Kompany is my star defender: not a single clean sheet yet. Iniesta is my star midfielder, and he hasn't even gathered 10 points yet because he's been injured for a month now. Only Messi, good old Messi, is raking in the points.

And that Wenger gif is golden
Ronaldo will score a boatload of goals, no worries. Ozil is a real dilemma though. I'm itching to sell him, but then I might regret it.... Arghh.... Being a fantasy football manager is so hard. :/
That's what you get for not listening to my advice Hithere.    Edit: About Silvestre
Sigh.... I know. Hopefully he gets back in the team quickly
Mumbai (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Damn! I lost points for clean sheet too
Haha, I have Ranocchia.... He has played every game for inter so far.... Hope it stays that way
Terrible, schmerrible I say. All depends on the relativity of the bad performances of your players. Di Maria, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Götze, Hazard, .... None of them performed this week, none of my defenders got a clean sheet, but thanks to Viviano (Fiore's GK), Messi and the Juve coach (2 goals from 2 subs) I'll be fine and even rise a lot in the rankings again.

As long as you get more points from players few others have, you're doing fine
Same boat but I have Jovetic which scored, assisted, won and was yellow carded.... Pretty happy with his performance.

Luckily everyone has the same set of midfielders so I don't think anyone jumped ahead by much from there. Not many teams got clean sheets either
No cleansheet for me. Silvestre didn't play for Inter. *facepalm*
At least you don't have a hand tattoo'd on your face like those who got De Gea and Brkic as keepers
I got Brkic as well. *double facepalm* Well, at least he's much cheaper than De Gea and hopefully he starts next game...
He does have an EL match which he will probably play and his suspension is over now
Top 200 and climbing right now. Can't complain given I had brkic, dempsey, hazard, hoogland of stuttgart, falcao, and berbatov who all didn't play (or play much) week 1. May have to jettison dempsey though, much as I love him. Doesn't look like he'll get the playing time at spurs that he did at fulham. Also messi needs to get a red card and miss a few please soccer gods
Am I glad I followed your initial advise and went for Viviano TBS Go Fiore! Even with no European games, their team has much improved, and because of their increased offensive prowess, they'll concede less goals too as they'll dominate more games.

Oh and by the way: Carrera just got 25 points by subbing on Mirko Vucinic and Asamoah who scored two goals and assisted another. Not bad for a 3m coach

Pity Iniesta, Isla and Sakai are injured, but Isla is returning soon (he was on Juve's bench already), and I'm almost 100% certain he'll feature in many, many Juve games to come soon enough. Hopefully he'll remain without injuries now
Wud you believe I have both De Gea and Brkic in my team -- lol
Sakai is injured? I tried to find some info on him but found squat. Glad to hear that he is injured than not seeing him on the bench because of other issues
LOL @ Mumbai  I have De Gea. I'm sure he'll start in the Champions League
Double post. :S
Whoa.... I thought you were kidding when you said you had both.... No jokes.... I feel sorry for you
I planned that if Udinese really plays good then I can sell De Gea in coming transfer window to avoid rising stock of Brikic.... Smh
Last year my Keeper earned me 27 points for entire season (shalke keeper who got injured) --- well this time I am just being cautious.... Lol
Other than berba I had an underwhelming day as well. Barca coughs up the clean sheet AND pique gets a yellow, as does di maria thus erasing his pts for the day, and of course ronaldo got nothing. Ah well, at least I still have dempsey and falcao tomorrow
MightyFibs (Panathinaikos Athens) 1 year ago
Iniesta, Xavi and fabregas are bad choices in my opinion as they don't get on the scoresheet or assist as often as you'd expect. The pluses are probably the more or less guaranteed clean sheet points and the appearance ponts but still not good enough for their worth
Oh yeah. Berbatov. *pats back*
Congrats. Meanwhile, I had a terrible Dreamfooty day. Good thing Messi did his job or else it would have been even worse
Nope not dost. There's someone else out there who score 20+ goals last year (and many times in his career) who's even cheaper than falcao ;-O
Milito or Di Natale.    Edit: I'm leaning more towards Milito because I think Di Natale was 14m.
Milito -- I have him on my team
I bought Milito for £13m. I am confident he'll have a great season with loads of goals. My main disappointment so far is Naldo's' terrible performance against Hannover, which could force Magath to rely on Kjaer maybe next week, who knows...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football