Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Rants
Jeroen (Barcelona) 8 months ago
I have 68m (!) worth of players injured or suspended, had to use my PRO+ transfer windows in quick succession to replace Messi twice (why Leo, whyyy?) and lost my n°1 spot. Even with Lahm alone not injured, I'd be leading by 100+ points. What a shame that in the span of one month, I've lost about 6 players to long-term injuries. Rotten luck
Monsignor (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Is anybody playing any fantasy football games outside of footutube? Maybe we could set up some leagues there (fanatsy premier league, fantasy serie a etc)
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 1 year ago
If you think things gone bad it goes more worse!

Just to remember you, all DF Players this season BundesLiga only!

So as Holtby went to Tottenham I had to sell him D.... :

Cherundolo (injured) was on my "Out now list" too but my guess was he may be back for the Euroleague matches.... But now Hannoi is out.
*sigh* I should have taken a Defender from Freiburg + Frankfurt for cheap!
I´m doomed! Kevin Trapp , GK of Eintracht Frankfurt is out for this season. He broke his hand beeing on stage for a commercial.
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Damn it lol. My bargain defender from lazio Luis Cavanda is being frozen out of the first team, as the Angolan failed to reach an agreement with the Biancocelesti on a contract extension.

Stupid lazio. -. - there goes quite a bit of my DF points. Was wondering how come he wasn't playing at all in recent games
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
He's not Angolan, he's Belgian
Serious? BUt dammit lol. He got me decent points from last oct till now. ;(and its impossible to get a defender for 3m now
Yeah, he has Angolan ancestry but chose to play for the Mighty Belgians He was raised here in Belgium, and opted to play for us instead. A good 3m defender? Yeah, none of those around any more. But perhaps buy a quality defender that was injured for a long time like I did. They are cheap and when those are back they will play a lot of games still
I can only hope he sorts out his contract with lazio soon. I'm not gonna' change until the next TW I think...
Badge (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I f*cking love you, Michu!  3m. Bargain of the season, lol
I love him too! And Hazard is back! Woo! ;D good day of DF for me
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Gah! I havent been checking Dreamfooty recently and totally missed the transfer window! I'm doomed. My aim is to at least end up in the top 100. Sigh....

Also, I forgot to put Hazard back in the team and missed a goal and an assist. *double facepalm*
Oh my! How did you miss it. It was on for a whole week!
Ah man, that really sucks!
Juvenik21 (Juventus) 1 year ago
Only one I've got is Falcao barely ever scoring.... Sold.

I got a question to ask which would you get?
Hummels + Van Persie
Or
Ronaldo + Bonera
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Tough call. Not sure how Bonera is but I think RvP is better value than Ronaldo, but I honestly wouldn't move for either, but that is just me. I know a couple of people regretting getting Ronaldo, haven't heard of many who signed RvP so not sure how he is doing.

Both players have their risks but as I feel RvP is less selected he has a bigger reward if he outplays Ronaldo.

Anyways if you are set on one of those two players, just try to decide which will play more games. Who will win the champions league tie between the two?
Yeah that's why it's so tough, both of them are on point per game paces but Ronaldo played way more and still can't decide who's gonna' win in champions league.

And Hummels over Bonera makes sense but still, Bundesliga you never know how many goals their gonna' take or how Borussia'll do in champions league, I'm pretty confident AC will beat Schalke though

Another option would be Dante or Lahm+Rooney though.
Also remember that Bundesliga might play less matches just because their season is 34 vs 38 in the other leagues
^ That difference of 4 games is annulled with the winter break though. Now they all play around the same amount of league games as English, Spanish or Italian sides
They actually have more games left than bpl
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I´ve got DF transfer on the brain! Consuming all my thoughts/energy, and I know it will only end in disappointment.... Ride out the storm...
February rants............Just the Stupidest mistake anyone can make about DF and I did it.

European soccer in midweek is always around 3-4am-ish for me and Editing my DF at that time (can imagine how sleepy I was) was a mistake.

On one window, I opened the emergency window (I used this to check player prices and wanted to see if could get any bargains before window opened).

On another, I opened the DF page again, and checking weekend fixtures like normal and editing players into/out of formations.

And Damn I clicked "save" as usual... FFS lost my two precious emergency transfers without even looking at a single player. DAMN! Gotta' pray hard now no injuries come and kick me up my butt.

And oh, did I mention Hazard and Di Maria both got red cards on the same day. =_=

My BOss is gonna' fry me and replace me with some fat spanish waiter......

Similar problems here mate.

I also have the red-carded Di Maria and Hazard, but that's no big deal. Worse is that Viviano, Fiore's GK, hasn't been playing since December, even though he's better than Neto. And my coach is replaced by another one, plus I have horrible defenders, so I'm forced to sell players I don't want to sell. Ronaldo will have to go so I can bring a few others in...
^ haha bad to hear that Jeroen. I'm sure you have your team sort out by now. Ronaldo is my insurance player too. Which I'm not too keen to sell. I think real will bulldoze la liga after feb
Ouch, two emergency transfers lost for no reason must really hurt!
Abromovich or Russian Donald Trump?
Btw, I just sold Ronaldo too.  Feels terrible, I just hope this doesn't come and bite me in the ass later lol
Btw, I just sold Ronaldo too.  Feels terrible, I just hope this doesn't come and bite me in the ass later lol
^ hahaha. Badge. Yea. Jeroen told me he made the mistake last season. LOL. I feel better after that. I'm sticking with Ronaldo still.... I believe he will come good. But hopefully not against us hahaah
I now have a far better way to check on players: log out and do the same
Ah. Smart.
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
You sold Ronaldo. Today he scored a hat trick. That's gotta' hurt
Yeah, it did

Luckily, with the money, I got Lahm, Rooney and Reus. Lahm got me 2 clean sheets in 2 games, Rooney with 1 assist (not great) and Reus grabbed a hattrick in his second game
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
No rants since November? I can't believe that.
De Rossi frustrated me to death, so did Prince Boateng.
I made an all serie A team and now Coutinho moves to Liverpool
Haha.... I believe we have kept all the rants inside.... Very brave of you to choose all serie A players! Salute!
Yeah I was in Italy in August and got carried away by nationalism.... On the bright side De Rossi is now 4m! I bought him for 12m.... So I used a transfer to sell and buy the same player haha. With the sacking of Zeman he will be good again I hope. On another bright side I can now buy Balotelli
EstifanosT (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
P. Lahm, 3 assists vs Lille.... !
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 1 year ago
Sigh.... Guess who has two players that got red carded today, one of which was a star player?!? AND had a forward who broke a rib and will be out for awhile?

That's right, meeee! You know what else is fan-freakin'-tastic? A red carded player loses appearance points, but still gets penalized for goal allowed. Honestly, tell me again why he loses appearance points? Makes no sense. Even if he was red carded he still made a contribution, and being suspended for two or however many games is punishment enough. Yes folks, Ivanovic got me -14 pts today. I would like to know if that was the single worst one-day performance in DF history.

I'd also like to ask those in the know - is he suspended for midweek games or just BPL games? And for how many matches. As for the rest, hernanes also got red carded and berbatov broke a rib yesterday
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
A red card means the player will miss the next 2 games. Not too sure, but I do believe the suspension applies to cup games as well
I've had the same (-14) with Kompany last year. Remember his sending off against United? Yeah, that was a joke too, but it still happened and he got -7 (-14 as star defender) and a ridiculous 4-match ban.

Oh, and surprise, surprise, it was vs. United
Just looked at your team, I don't see Ivanovic on there, did you have to open an emergency window for that?
Yeah I did. Dropped berbatov, ivanovic and hernanes, bought fabregas and jordi alba
That hurts ! - I got lucky so far, but against refery decisions, your just with god
I sold 2 3m decent players for 6m Coutinho and he breaks his leg against Partizan. Out for over a month. Murphy's law
Ltm017 1 year ago
LOL sorry I giggled! I know it is wrong to laugh but I couldn't help myself Not about his leg but about your bad luck.

That is really awful though. Hope he gets better soon
Sam (Juventus) 1 year ago
After scoring a paltry total of goals, in the first champions league game after dropping Soldado from DF team- he scores a hat-trick! #perfect timing!
It is the dreamfooty curse my friend
After having guardado go all the season without a single assist, he finally starts in the same match as well    And he was sold LOL
Yeah, we know the feeling Sammo! Players you expect to do well don't and then they do when they're gone. I shiver to think how good Messi would be if I sold him
Ozil: To sell or not to sell?
If my past DF seasons are any indication, the moment I sell Ozil is the moment he starts to bang in goals and assists
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Not sell. He always gets his form during the end of the season and he'll start banging in the assists. It's a risk you should take I believe as he'll get approximately 20-35 assists in all competitions by the end of the season.

Edit: He's also been top assister for past two seasons
I think it's a risk, esp. With the addition of Modric and the returning of Kaka, Ozil will see fewer minutes than ever. I think it's likely he won't match the output of years past. For the kind of money he costs, there are definitely safer buys, but nobody with his upside if he gets hot.

Eh, I would stick with him if I were you. Not too many of the other top players have him. Buying a safe player that we all have would only keep you even. The only way you'll gain ground is if one of your rare players gets hot
Too late. After much thought, I sold him. Got Kroos from Bayern. It also allowed me to offload some players who have been dead weight

I know Ozil will do well this season eventually. I know his stats from previous seasons. The reason he was one of the first on my team this season. But like Sumdumfu said he costs too much and with the money I save I can buy other players as well
I am late but I would've sold him just to spite AFGMadridista

Kick4Life - changing lives through football