Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
This is my first season.  Do we start with the same players next season or make a new team?
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
A brand new team for each competition. We'll have a new game for the Euros and a new one again for the next footy season    Good luck
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
It will more than likely be one player from each team for the euro's, rather than the two per club we currently have, that makes it more interesting.
Did we have 1 transfer window for the last international tournament on dreamfooty? , I can't remember
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Thanks.  That does sound interesting, can't wait.
Jaeseungeee (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hi,    I sold and bought some players and saved my tea, but it went back to my original team. Can you please fix this?
Daalayo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hi mate, It happened because you didn't save your new team. It is almost 16hrs ago since you posted the question I hope you fixed it before the transfer was closed. The only to fix was to resell and rebuy again. YNWA
Jaeseungeee (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Like I said above, I DID save my team, but it went back to my original team. I even paid to go back to pro again so I can get back the deducted 10 pounds back. Can the admin please fix my team back to the team that I saved after paying to go Pro?
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Is there a way to reset your team?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
You can reset your team IF you have not saved it by pressing the 'reset' button, if you have saved it then you cannot
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Too bad
If you picked the right team in the first place, you would have no reason to reset it.... Lol
I could do with 6-7 changes myself, theres always next season, that's what I keep telling myself
Leifg (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Why is Dreamfooty designed to sell players for less than they are worth? For example, I bought Reina for 10m now he is worth 16m! I should be able to sell him for that much. Help me understand the logic behind that?
The game is designed so that everyone always has the same effective budget. If you have a player that is now worth more then basically you have done well and have a player that is performing above expectations
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 2 years ago
That may be so Matt, but it does not really make much sense, or let me put it differently, it's not really entirely fair. When a player performs well, his market value naturally increases, sometimes substantialy, I get that. If I want to buy that player I should be aware of the fact that, for example, I will not be able to purchase him for let's say 9mln which was his original price but I will have to dig a little deeper in my virtual pocket. But it should work the same way with the players which are already in my squad. I mean, what's the point if I can't sell my player for his actual market price and have to make do with the money which I have spent on him at the beginning of the season. It does not work that way in real life as far as I recall, should not making the DF game as real as possible be an aim of some sorts here?
Yes. Exactly. Someone should be rewarded for purchasing wisely by being able to sell the player for what the player is currently worth or the. Right now, it is incredibly difficult to trade because the value of my players have stayed constant when all players in the trade are now more expensive. This is a glitch in the game that could be fixed
Just have to chime in one more time. Basically, the way the game is designed right now, the strategy for it is fairly simple because the game privileges the first team that you purchase. I would think you would want future trades to have an impact on the table, but I'l willing to bet that the table will not change much between now and the end of the season due to the fact that you must sell your players for the amount you paid for them rather than the amount they are worth now
Luck/Knowledge is rewarded by picking up players that perform above (our) expectations early.

Prices are adjusted so that everyone does not end up with the same team at the end of the season.

If we allow users to trade a player for more than they bought them for then we also have to except that sometimes users will make a loss on players. That way we would be in a situation where people that did well early could end up with squads worth millions more than others and someone who got unlucky/made poor decisions could be stuck with a tiny budget and good players inflated beyond what they can afford.

I am 100% sure if you had bought Reina for 16mil and he was now worth 10mil you would not be on here demanding more realism
Nah Matt, not true mate. I am fully aware of the fact that it works both ways, and that's how it should be, if your players suck, they lose value, that's only natural and one should deal with it, after all we are responsible for our choices. Don't get me wrong, I love DreamFooty, it's one of the best fantasy leagues out there, if not the best one, but it does not mean that I can't criticize it, especially when this criticism in my humble opinion is fully justified and well grounded. Let's say I'd like to exchange Phil Jones for someone else, because I want to change my formation, or because he's injured, or because I just feel like it, you name it. Even though he is worth 14 m now, I can't do that because I bought him for a lot less. My GK, Courtois was originally worth 3 m, now his price rose to 12 m. If I should want to sell him, what would I get in return? An opportunity to choose from a wide range of lousy or mediocre at best, 3rd choice goalkeepers? That's just nor right man because it discriminates against those users who are not pro and do not have that extra amount of cash to burn. I know that the whole point of having a pro account is, among other things, to give you an advantage at the beginning of the season. But why 'punish' those who were smart/got lucky and made the right choices with the little amount of money they had by depriving them of the right to capitalize on that wisdom/luck later on in the season?
Well said, Prejsu. I am a pro user and I am stating the exact same argument. And Matt, I love Dreamfooty as well, but you have to admit that this system is broken. I'm experiencing it from both ends as well. I can't trade Reina because of his escalation in value, and I can trade Rafael for his deescalation in value. This is backward. And I have to refute your last point about not demanding more realism is Reina had dropped in value. Actually, I would expect that. That is where the strategy and luck of the game originate. If I make a choice, and my choice doesn't pan out, I would expect to be penalized, but I should also expect to be rewarded if I made a really great/lucky choice and now want to trade him. Right now, I can't realistically trade up for any striker in the top twenty. Because of inflation in their value, I can't afford them. I can't afford them because their value is inflated when compared to the original prices of players at the beginning of the season. Not right
One thing you cannot say is that the system is 'broken' as it clearly allows for a wide range of users to play and enjoy the game.

I do accept that clearly you two would like to see a rolling market where users could lose and gain money and I am not saying that is a bad thing it is just not how we have decided to operate the game. The biggest issue for me would not be making money but the potential for a user to have 3 or 4 of their big money players have an awful season then come transfer window and they want to sell their under performing players only get 9mil back from their initial 45mil. That would not be a fun game. Imagine if Messi had an awful season and went from 30mil to 6!

I will take your comments forward for when we discuss next seasons game,
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm split about the idea of trading players for their values but I have to say good job on making the player prices drop this time. That was one criticism I've always had before. Previous transfer window(s) had lots of prices going up but almost none coming down. Now there's a lot of affordable players making the transfer window actually useful, even though the timing of the windows are messed up this season.

I admit defeat this season though! Top 25 the past 2 DFs but now at 200th+! I screwed up big time with terrible buys
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
The realism and stuff is great but IF that were to happen everyone should be given emergency transfer windows as well.

I think the current system works because season ending + long term injuries can really destroy a team.

I started the season off with Guiseppe Rossi who played a month and then got injured for 8 months and is still not back yet. Granted I got rid of him in the first transfer window before the injury happened. If it had happened to a normal user not only would a player worth 15 would be out but his value would probably drop to 6 or 7 million in the next transfer window.

One issue which needs to be worked out though is the fact that the minimum price before was 3 million and now the minimum price is 4 million
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Hi....

I just sold Ashley young and José Ángel of Roma yesterday but their weekend match is today.... Do I still get points for them today? Cos if not, I guess I should have gotten points for their replacement Obasi and Subotic for yesterday
Your team will not update until Tuesday so you will get the points for the players you sold until then
Your in the same boat as myself cjayzz, I sold young and bought diarra, but I will get the points for young up until tuesday morning, after that diarra will kick in
Hey, guys. I really need to see my players performances from game to game. Right now, it is showing no data. The same thing happened yesterday. When is the data going to be up?
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I can't find Yakubu is there a reason he is not showing up?
Yup when we did the player 'intake' he was registered with Leicester so not eligible
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Ok thanks
Please when does the transfer window open? .... I'm desperate to change my under performing and injured players and time is running out as I am dropping drastically....

Also how many players can you change when it opens?

Please don't go sky rocketing the prices of all players like the last window, was difficult to even make a single buy.
Yeah, I'd like to ask the same thing. Isn't the transfer window closed like since yesterday?
I'm wondering when the transfer window opens as well. Can we get a definitive answer so that we can plan?
Yohan39 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
When? When? When?
Every time someone asks it is increased by a day.... So right now seems like we are going to be seeing a April transfer window
Daalayo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
It seems it will open tomorrow Feb 4th. I saw a place where it says "Transfer will close Feb 11th". Since the transfer is open for a week it has to be open by tomorrow.
IT IS OPEN tomorrow.... LOL
Anyone got s. Bender of dortmund check him out, he went off in the first half injured against nuremburg, I just watched it
Open NOW!
Hurrah!
Do we get points if we buy players that have moved to others leagues not included in DF currently
Like say Thago Motta from Inter Milan (Italy) to PSG (France)?
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
Do you get a paycheck from work when you haven't shown up in months? The simple answer is No, so you have to find a way to get rid of the player(s)
:S.... Huh...
Mateoromeo (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Why José Bosingwa didn't get 5 points for goal in match with Swensea?
The goal was a Taylor own goal.

Link: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16695854

If he was not a defender he would of received 5pts for the assist but he is so he didn't
Any news on price changes once the TW opens up? Will the pricing see a change or will it stay the same?
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
It will change
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Whereas the TW will open on Feb the 1st, there will be a couple of games taking place on that day.
So, if I buy a player whose team is playing on the first day of the TW, will I get points for his contribution?
No you won't the window opens after the save point on the 1st so any changes you make will take effect at the next save point (Tuesday)
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Ok thanks!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
How to go to df leaderboard in new top bar?
Mazblo (Sydney) 2 years ago
Stupidest site on the web. I won't be coming back again. Transfer windows open and close at the owners behest.... How rigged is that. And now some goose changed everything so we can't even see the leaderboards anymore. This site is no more than a joke. There are a thousand other fantasy football games available, I'm sorry I wasted my time joining this one this year. I suspect there are many others just as dissapointed. Promised so much and delivered so little
Sorry you feel that way Mazblo, the rigging is not going to well as I am currently 423rd

Arsenalmylove, we are updating the new header to include quick links to the leaderboards.

In the meantime use this link

Link: www.footytube.com/DFLeaderboard.php
Plus mods and admins "cant" win any of the cash prizes, so why the hell would it be rigged?
I think you just like a moan mate as you have no chance of winning it anyway, your over 1, 600th.... Why worry?
And the above comment is your "only" contribution to the site...
Mazblo (Sydney) 2 years ago
At least I tell it like it is and don't suck up to people. And why is an owner even playing.... You leave yourself open to criticism. Very poor site all round
I don't think you would know a good site if one fell on your head mate, enjoy your footy wherever you end up, as this is below your standards, but pleases 1, 000's of others
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
To be fair, there is a lot of sucking up done on this site. And you did f**k up the transfer windows. What where the thoughts going through your mind again, Matt? Why did you drastically change it?
As I've said before Dreamfooty has changed every season whilst we try and find the right balance for all types of players.

The changes to the transfer window are hardly drastic we simply removed one window and changed the dates to match the ends of the real world transfer window. The removal of the transfer window was necessary after the addition of the Bundesliga so users could not get an advantage from their early start and mid season break.

One change we will be making next season and for the Euro 2012 game is the dates for all the transfer windows will be set and displayed at the start of the game
Good stuff mate. Fack the haters this is a great site
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Zizoo is right, keep on guys I love this site!
Lol, hope you guys are not sucking up.... Lol.... As if
Gunnergreats4 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Honestly, the TW stuff is the only thing I wish had been different. I just want to know when they will be throughout the season at the start. Otherwise, you can't please everyone
Well as matt said above, all transfer dates for next season will be posted before we start
Tony don't make me insult you man hehe. What are you gonna' give me free points?
I love this site and I honestly don't know of any other fantasy game that has all the leagues into one. I just wish the value of players who are not performing well or have been injured for a year drop that way it'll feel like a real club manager. Prices only go up and never drop even if a player is a in a wheelchair. Nevertheless great work
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wtf would be the point in sucking up. Don't think anyone is. Wouldn't gain anything from it anyways...
Heh. You get what you pay for ^^
Which is nothing, unless you went pro+
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
As if
Dirkdigg (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I'm new to footy tube and still a bit confused on how the dream footy teams work? So I did get points and neg. Points for having pepe and xavi on my team from the classico madrid and barcalona game.... But got no points from the serie A games that just passed for having Conte as my coach and for having two roma players, that were present in todays game against Cesena. So is this because I didn't Sub. Or click save team form. From last game played or do I just not get any points from these games?
You only get points for players who are in your starting 11. Most of your questions should be answered in the DreamFooty FAQ just click the link at the top of the page
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I only got 1 drawn game point for Allegri for yesterdays game (Ac Milan vs Novara) when Milan won 2-1
It was after extra time mate, the game finished 1-1 after 90 mins, I have allegri and silva
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Bummer. Thanks for the reply  
Billyboy1989 (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
Xavi got 3 assists against Osasuna and did not get any point
Look at the reply just below this one, or the big red box at the top of this topic      

Kick4Life - changing lives through football