Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Prandelli got me points for drawn game, whereas Buffon and Balo got winning game points. I'm confused. Could you clear this up, thank you
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Hm, normally all of them should only get points for a draw, considering the fact DF thinks of a game that goes to extra time as a draw.

Consider yourself lucky, and take it as a bonus for Balotelli who played well, and Buffon who played very well and sang his lungs out when the Italian national anthem played
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Thanks Jeroen. But it doesn't sound quite right. The rules say "Clean sheet points are based on full time (90 minutes) scorelines. Goals scored, assists and cards awarded in extra time will count. Penalty shoot outs will not count for goals scored. Result points calculated on match completion".
So in my eyes it's more like everybody who had Italy England players get a clean sheet, but Italy get extra win points on top of it.
By the way Buffon sings the national anthem with such intensity, that should have a +8 bonus
Well, I only know as much as you do I'm afraid, and I tend to agree with you. A player can be rewarded when his team wins after extra time with penalties by the small +3 bonus (instead of the +1 for a draw), but a manager should be rated the same.

Perhaps Matt will read this and will shed a light over this
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Sorry for the late reply.

Just to confirm Managers result points are only based on 90 mins. This rule is in review but we will not adjust points for this game.

For the general season game the number of matches this rule effects is minimal but with cup matches being a potential source of confusion we will make this clearer
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Dreamfooty problem matt. In a match against spain vs france jordi alba has had 1 assist but I did not get assist points.

Just check this out - Link: tinyurl.com/85zk3x8

Also to prove you that he has had an assist just check out this - Link: tinyurl.com/7nb3peb

It is only showing - 8 = cleansheet points, 3 = full match played, and 3 = wining points but no assist points. Please solve it as soon as possible
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Defenders don't get assists, how long have you been playing dreamfooty? , you should know that
Lol
Even jeroen knows that.... Lol
Yeah, I couldn't help but laugh out loud there. No offense Arsenalman, but this question pops up. Every. Single. Time something happens in DF. In my time as a mod, I had to answer that one countless times as well
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Ok no prob. I will keep it in mind from next time
Franboy (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Assists and defender. Hahaha certainly the topic of the year lol
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Matt, the transfer window isn't open yet. Has the opening time been changed? You know we're all waiting in trepidation
Cheers, team is made. I'm planning on sleeping the entire day before the next match starts or taking a very long bike ride
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It doesn't show the right close time for me.

It says "it will close on June 8th at 16:00 BST"

Don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing, and just to confirm it closes on the 21st at 7:00 BST?
It is the 21st
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Is anybody else having problems loading up the page with top 20 midfielders?

I have tried it on on multiple computers with chrome and firefox but it doesn't show anything on the page. Its just a white screen
No, me too. Must be a small programming error.    Matt?
Good spot, working now it is amazing what chaos a misplaced 'y' can cause
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
Hey Matt. Barzagli is available for Italy's 3rd match against Ireland. Could you update Italy's defenders list and include him. That'd be great!
I'm now also missing points, and strangely enough I still had them yesterday. Mexès is my star defender, but his 2*4 points are now reduced to 4 points, probably because I subbed him off to sub on another defender. Could you please fix this Matt?
Leifg (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I have points for my players but they are not being added up. In other words there is no total points for my team. Why is that?
My issue is fixed (though I'm still listed with 105 pts instead of 109 in the top lists), but I can't say I know what causes your problem mate
Your total will update overnight, pulled when standings are done, Same with you Lefig    
Leifg (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Thanks, Matt. Now my points have been added up, but my total is not registering on the leaderboard. Will that be fixed as well?
Yeah on the overnight update
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I need to ask why do I loose points on are. Lewandowski, last time I checked I got 9pt from him, I only sub him during the Netherlands match, now I have 0pt from him? What the point of having sub if I keep loosing point when I sub a player?
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
You shouldn't lose points. Must be a data glitch
I will be the first and I don't want to start a new topic for this. When will the Euro Dreamfooty games begin? I'm betting on a great competition. I hope fiddling starts early.

Thanks
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
There is something in the works which should be up and running soon if it hasn't been put up yet. Matt's on this one
Euro dreamfooty will be up and running 7 days before the compo kicks off, so matt told me, so its only days away
I just did a little dance in appreciation. Woohoo!
24carrot (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I am new to pro, and was wondering about the 2 emergancy transfers.... Do you get 2 free emergancy transfers every season, or do you get 2 emergancy transfers once a year starting from when you became a pro member?
Well if you have only became a pro+ member, its too late to use any transfers as the game only has a week or two left, so you will have them for next season.
But watch out for a euro 12 version of dreamfooty, which we will hear about in the next few weeks from matt
24carrot (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Cheers for the answer mate  
Anytime
Hello,
Wednesday night, semi-final return, Real Madrid won 2-1 against Munich. But the Real Madrid was eliminated in a penalty kick. Why "ozil and benzema" did not get their points of victory? Even though they lost on penalty kick, they won the game 2-1?
Again, you will be a victory for the players of Bayern Munich when they lost 2-1? Why footytube calculating the points on the qualification "return match"?
At 3 weeks of the end of the game, it penalizes me.
I'm not a sore loser and you do a good job but I think this game is a mistake to calculate the points based on the qualification and not the result of the match.
Thank you very much
Ant (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Sounds like a decent question to me. Madrid won the match, but lost over all the two legs. Still, they should have gotten points for the win in that match I guess?

I can understand why they didn't though.... Seeing as the end result on the night was that they lost on penalties.

One for Matt to decide I think
Yes but the penalties = set of two games? I am doubly penalized because "my pursuers in the rankings" are two players of Bayern Munich in their teams (they earn points when they lost 2-1) I have two madrid players and I lose points
Total is + / - 20 points difference overall, I find that unfortunate.
Thank you for your response Ant
Ant (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I suggest filling in this to get an answer from Matt

Link: www.footytube.com/contact

He might not see the post in here

Good luck

I know it seems harsh but all results points are based on the end result. If a game goes into extra time or penalties for whatever reason the result is after these have been played/taken.

This is the same for all cup games so if for instance a cup final ended all square went to extra time and then penalties it is the final result that counts. The situation is highlighted in this match due to Madrid 'winning' in 90 minutes but the handling of these matches has to remain consistant
That's the way the bookies work matt, there has to be a cut off point somewhere.... 90mins
It's hard for me because this game (few points) will (maybe) make me lose dreamfooty. I understand when a cup final (in a single game) is won in penalty kicks. But in this case, I do not accept because it is played over two games? Is that the first leg is influenced by penalty kicks (not). So why say that madrid lost. This is unfortunate because madrid has won this match.
I love this game, I'm the first since October. It is difficult to accept, but it's the game I hope my few points ahead I will win but I doubt it because the concurrency is hard behind me.
Thank you for your response Matt
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Thiago Motta went from Inter to PSG.... He has played in 5 games for PSG. Why didn't I receive any points for him?
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Not french ligue for this game    Dreamfooty = liga, premierleague, serie A and bundesliga
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Will there still a transfer window? If so, when?  Thank you for your response
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
No mate, I'm nearly sure we have had all our transfer windows, mind you, I could do with another 2-3 transfer windows myself, as I'm missing a keeper, out injured, a full back out injured, nani and diaara hardly getting a game through injury, and I have lost a sub.... Wesley of werder bremmen who is moving back to brazil.... You think you have problems.... Lolol
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yup, unless you go pro both of everyone's transfer windows are done.

Man, before this window, during African Cup, I had 7 players out due to injury or in African Cup. Slipped 200 spots in the rankings. s**t happens Def goin Pro for next season and making sure I pick subs that can get me points
Its far from easy mate, you need to do a lot of reseach in dreamfooty, some take it very seriously.
As you said, even players heading off for the african nations needs to be looked at when picking a team
Ya, I had no idea that tournament was going to take place
Sssshhhhh, keep it to yourself.... Lol, gives you advantage over the idiots who don't know, or won't research.... Lol
Post edited Next year the DF trophy WILL be mine

Edit: Can I just say though, I love how I'm automatically alerted in the bottom right corner whenever someone responds in this thread. How come this doesn't happen when someone responds to my post on my team page?
That's what I like to hear.... Cut throat, no prisoners taken.... Lol
For god's sake mate change that profile pic, I havent had my tea yet, it looks like two wee boys fighting under a blanket.... Lol
Show Charlie Adam's mother some respect!
It looks like susan boyle on steroids ffs.... Lol
Hahahaha
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
This is my first season.  Do we start with the same players next season or make a new team?
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
A brand new team for each competition. We'll have a new game for the Euros and a new one again for the next footy season    Good luck
It will more than likely be one player from each team for the euro's, rather than the two per club we currently have, that makes it more interesting.
Did we have 1 transfer window for the last international tournament on dreamfooty? , I can't remember
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Thanks.  That does sound interesting, can't wait.
Jaeseungeee (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hi,    I sold and bought some players and saved my tea, but it went back to my original team. Can you please fix this?
Daalayo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hi mate, It happened because you didn't save your new team. It is almost 16hrs ago since you posted the question I hope you fixed it before the transfer was closed. The only to fix was to resell and rebuy again. YNWA
Jaeseungeee (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Like I said above, I DID save my team, but it went back to my original team. I even paid to go back to pro again so I can get back the deducted 10 pounds back. Can the admin please fix my team back to the team that I saved after paying to go Pro?
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Is there a way to reset your team?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
You can reset your team IF you have not saved it by pressing the 'reset' button, if you have saved it then you cannot
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Too bad
If you picked the right team in the first place, you would have no reason to reset it.... Lol
I could do with 6-7 changes myself, theres always next season, that's what I keep telling myself
Leifg (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Why is Dreamfooty designed to sell players for less than they are worth? For example, I bought Reina for 10m now he is worth 16m! I should be able to sell him for that much. Help me understand the logic behind that?
The game is designed so that everyone always has the same effective budget. If you have a player that is now worth more then basically you have done well and have a player that is performing above expectations
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 2 years ago
That may be so Matt, but it does not really make much sense, or let me put it differently, it's not really entirely fair. When a player performs well, his market value naturally increases, sometimes substantialy, I get that. If I want to buy that player I should be aware of the fact that, for example, I will not be able to purchase him for let's say 9mln which was his original price but I will have to dig a little deeper in my virtual pocket. But it should work the same way with the players which are already in my squad. I mean, what's the point if I can't sell my player for his actual market price and have to make do with the money which I have spent on him at the beginning of the season. It does not work that way in real life as far as I recall, should not making the DF game as real as possible be an aim of some sorts here?
Yes. Exactly. Someone should be rewarded for purchasing wisely by being able to sell the player for what the player is currently worth or the. Right now, it is incredibly difficult to trade because the value of my players have stayed constant when all players in the trade are now more expensive. This is a glitch in the game that could be fixed
Just have to chime in one more time. Basically, the way the game is designed right now, the strategy for it is fairly simple because the game privileges the first team that you purchase. I would think you would want future trades to have an impact on the table, but I'l willing to bet that the table will not change much between now and the end of the season due to the fact that you must sell your players for the amount you paid for them rather than the amount they are worth now
Luck/Knowledge is rewarded by picking up players that perform above (our) expectations early.

Prices are adjusted so that everyone does not end up with the same team at the end of the season.

If we allow users to trade a player for more than they bought them for then we also have to except that sometimes users will make a loss on players. That way we would be in a situation where people that did well early could end up with squads worth millions more than others and someone who got unlucky/made poor decisions could be stuck with a tiny budget and good players inflated beyond what they can afford.

I am 100% sure if you had bought Reina for 16mil and he was now worth 10mil you would not be on here demanding more realism
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 2 years ago
Nah Matt, not true mate. I am fully aware of the fact that it works both ways, and that's how it should be, if your players suck, they lose value, that's only natural and one should deal with it, after all we are responsible for our choices. Don't get me wrong, I love DreamFooty, it's one of the best fantasy leagues out there, if not the best one, but it does not mean that I can't criticize it, especially when this criticism in my humble opinion is fully justified and well grounded. Let's say I'd like to exchange Phil Jones for someone else, because I want to change my formation, or because he's injured, or because I just feel like it, you name it. Even though he is worth 14 m now, I can't do that because I bought him for a lot less. My GK, Courtois was originally worth 3 m, now his price rose to 12 m. If I should want to sell him, what would I get in return? An opportunity to choose from a wide range of lousy or mediocre at best, 3rd choice goalkeepers? That's just nor right man because it discriminates against those users who are not pro and do not have that extra amount of cash to burn. I know that the whole point of having a pro account is, among other things, to give you an advantage at the beginning of the season. But why 'punish' those who were smart/got lucky and made the right choices with the little amount of money they had by depriving them of the right to capitalize on that wisdom/luck later on in the season?
Well said, Prejsu. I am a pro user and I am stating the exact same argument. And Matt, I love Dreamfooty as well, but you have to admit that this system is broken. I'm experiencing it from both ends as well. I can't trade Reina because of his escalation in value, and I can trade Rafael for his deescalation in value. This is backward. And I have to refute your last point about not demanding more realism is Reina had dropped in value. Actually, I would expect that. That is where the strategy and luck of the game originate. If I make a choice, and my choice doesn't pan out, I would expect to be penalized, but I should also expect to be rewarded if I made a really great/lucky choice and now want to trade him. Right now, I can't realistically trade up for any striker in the top twenty. Because of inflation in their value, I can't afford them. I can't afford them because their value is inflated when compared to the original prices of players at the beginning of the season. Not right
One thing you cannot say is that the system is 'broken' as it clearly allows for a wide range of users to play and enjoy the game.

I do accept that clearly you two would like to see a rolling market where users could lose and gain money and I am not saying that is a bad thing it is just not how we have decided to operate the game. The biggest issue for me would not be making money but the potential for a user to have 3 or 4 of their big money players have an awful season then come transfer window and they want to sell their under performing players only get 9mil back from their initial 45mil. That would not be a fun game. Imagine if Messi had an awful season and went from 30mil to 6!

I will take your comments forward for when we discuss next seasons game,
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm split about the idea of trading players for their values but I have to say good job on making the player prices drop this time. That was one criticism I've always had before. Previous transfer window(s) had lots of prices going up but almost none coming down. Now there's a lot of affordable players making the transfer window actually useful, even though the timing of the windows are messed up this season.

I admit defeat this season though! Top 25 the past 2 DFs but now at 200th+! I screwed up big time with terrible buys
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
The realism and stuff is great but IF that were to happen everyone should be given emergency transfer windows as well.

I think the current system works because season ending + long term injuries can really destroy a team.

I started the season off with Guiseppe Rossi who played a month and then got injured for 8 months and is still not back yet. Granted I got rid of him in the first transfer window before the injury happened. If it had happened to a normal user not only would a player worth 15 would be out but his value would probably drop to 6 or 7 million in the next transfer window.

One issue which needs to be worked out though is the fact that the minimum price before was 3 million and now the minimum price is 4 million

Kick4Life - changing lives through football