Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Minadeo (Juventus) 5 years ago
I just watched a tape of the Barcelona - D. Kiev game from the other day.
It seemed to me that Iniesta assisted on Messi's goal (Barcelona's first).
Still, Iniesta is listed as having scored no points for my team (I started playing Dreamfooty last week).
Am I wrong in my understanding of the rules or did the officials not credit Iniesta with the assist?

Thanks for your consideration.
By the way, Dreamfooty is a blast!

Joe Minadeo
Brazilix (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Messi made quite few touches to the ball before he scored. Pass to be listed as an assist should be scored with one touch. That's the way it should be

Also Iniesta should get points for clean sheet as well. So I think the points are "on their way" in the footytube machine. Why they aren't there yet I don't know.... In that mby somebody more qualified can give you a answer

All the best
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This weeks points were skipped but I'm told that next Tuesday, they will run and check everyones points are all good
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Hi. Can you explain me why someone players for my footytube team doesn't take a points (Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin)? They was playing in Masters League. Last points I was taking for D. Villa goal in Europen League. So whats happend?
This weeks points were skipped but I'm told that next Tuesday, they will run and check everyones points are all good
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Ok, thank you
Nasman (Manchester United) 5 years ago
How do I start playing? How is the game play?
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
It is a fantasy league, you pick your players who gain points relating to how well they play in their respective leagues and continental Europe.

You do not face off against any other users but rather pick players strategically taking into consideration goals, clean sheets, assists, yellow/red cards etc.

Everything is really explained if you follow this link and click 'Confused....'
MightyFibs (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
I don't understand the point system.
It's simple when you explain it but then the points don't add up.
Saturday, October 3rd, was the 1st day my dreamfooty team saw action and this is what I get:

Maxi Rodríguez MID 5 points
Anderson MID 3 points
D. Milito ATT 5 points
D. Bent ATT 9 points

I saw the match facts for each game and I can't uderstand how my players were awarded these points.
Can someone please help?
What do you think your points should have been? Remember that players get points based on whether their team wins or loses, goals scored, yellow and red cards etc. Have a look at the dreamfooty FAQ see if it makes any more sense. If not, pop back here and we'll try to help
1st of all, thanks for the help.
I've looked at it over and over again. It doesn't say anything about points being awarded for a team win by the way.
In Darren Bent's case he should have been awarded 5 points only for the goal he scored, but he was given 9 points.
If he played a full game (I don't know if he was substituted or not) he would have been awarded 3 extra points which would bring him to a total of 8.
I don't think it's even possible for an attacker to receive 9 points.
What do you think?
Here's a breakdown of the points from here Link: www.footytube.com/dreamfooty/
(Click on the question mark for full info)

How are points calculated?

Goalkeepers & Defenders:
Clean sheet 8pts.
Concede more than 1 goal in a game -1pt per goal.

Midfielders:
Clean sheet 3pts.
Goal assist 5pts.

Attackers:
Goal assist 5pts.

All:
Goal scored 5pts.
Hat trick bonus 5pts.
Yellow card -2pts.
Red card -4pts.
Playing full game 3pts
Coming on as sub 2pts

I understand your point about Darren Bent scoring 9, when you believe it should have been 8. I think if its a point difference of 1 or 2 either way, I wouldn't particularly worry about it because these things will average out over a season. I'm not sure of the full algorithm that calculated dreamfooty points, but its doing a fine job so far
Fair enough.  Thanks for the help again.
Real16808 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
How do I get more money to buy better players? With the new transfer window coming up I need better players but I don't have enough. Please help?
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Hey I just want to ask, how come both my wigan players (melchiot, bramble) and geovanni for Hull are not updated? They all played on the weekend but they are still on the same points as last week.... and Geovanni scored a goal for Hull! Can someone please tell me what is happening? Thanks
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Looking into this now will update in due course
Thanks a bunch
OK your points have been rectified from the missing match, please check and tell me if you notice anything else
Thanks Matt! My Wigan players and Hull players got their points~
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
I realized that Torres has 102 points at the moment....
I have a star on him, meaning that I my Torres should have a total amount of 204 points (102 * 2 = 204)
Instead, my Torres only has 198 points.... :/
Looking into this now will update in due course
Thankyou
Thanks Seantoon the issue you had was shared amongst all teams that had Champions League players in action on the 29th. All points from these matches have been added now
Thanks again!
Derby22 (Derby County) 5 years ago
Will there ever be a footytube version 3. 0?
New versions of 2. 0 will be released, the website will be ever improving.

3. 0? I doubt it, unless technology that trumps the current crawler comes available, which is very unlikely
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I am 52 tier to customize my jersey (sponsor jersey) when I expenditures is what I would not have my fan 52 million valuation?
Tiersd = valuation fan or not.
I am afraid to customize my jersey and lose my money for transfers?
Thank you for your answer
You don't spend your fan valuation on jerseys, your valuation dictates which tier you belong yet it doesn't decrease as you customise your shirt
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Thank you, I'm going to work then because my old jersey is ugly
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Hey Ant  In the next Season of Footy can you change your team players?  
Yes certainly. Even better news, you can buy three more in the upcoming transfer window

Hammad (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Is it possible tht we can buy more than 3 players?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Plain and simple: nope
Hammad (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Suppose if we are in tier 15 and v made a kit according to tht.... And our fan valuation decreaseses in fututre resulting in a less tier (lets say tier 10) so wil it effect the kit? Do we hav to re-design our kit according to the new or current tier?
No.

In the same way, if you bought players when your budget was £130 million but then it slipped to £110 million, you would not have to sell off
But I'll add that (for the players) you do get a significant decrease in points at the end of the season, so you'd be better off selling them sooner
7ronaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
How can I use all my money budget from the dreamfooty teams?
Just checked your team, you have spent 99. 8m on it.  If you are asking how you spend the other 0. 2m, you can't.
Will you be giving us more info on how the Transfer Window works or is it all available somewhere on the website.
One specific question: Can I sell my "star" striker and my "best" striker, then buy back my best striker in order to assign him as the star?
Just wondering.

Thanks
Regarding the star player, the only way to remove the star is to sell that player. You can then reassign the star to whoever else you want, and even buy back the player you just sold. Remember though that you only get three purchases in the transfer window so swapping a star around may be a waste unless you think the other player is well worth it...

Here are all the details about the transfer window that I know:

* You can sell as many players as you like.
* You can buy up to three players.
* The window runs for 7 days
I was just wondering can you do quizzes? If you can then where?
Not yet, but it's a feature that will soon be available
Cool thx
During the Transfer Window, can you change formations? In other words, can I sell a striker, buy a midfielder and change from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2?
Yes, I believe so.

Just like when you made the team first, changing it comes in two stages.
First, you will have the option to buy and sell players, change formation and experiment.
After you are finished, you click 'save' and if you did anything wrong your team won't save

Kick4Life - changing lives through football