Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Anyone elses team get wiped? I never reset my team or anything, just came on today... And it was gone. =(can't buy players again or anything.

Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
During the transfert window, if you sell one of your players will you remove the points he earned or will it stay?
2. Barca played in the Copa del rey but it seems that you didn't give points for players playing for Barca it is that normal?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Points earned by players will remain in the team total, so you can sell and retain points earned by that player upto the point of sale.

The FAQ lists the competitions that count towards your players team points total, Copa Del Rey is in that list. If you have details of missing points from a specific game please list them and post in the DreamFooty bugs thread
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ah, TheShid has asked the question I wanted to ask as well: will all Spanish games be taken into account? I bought quite a lot of Spanish attacking players, because they score more goals than the avg EPL team, so I firgured it'd be good for my ranking. Though if only the champions league and La Liga games are taken into account, I may have made a mistake. (and what about friendlies/Club WC/....)

One more question: would it be possible to see the list of players like it was when you were able to buy em in the transfer period? Of course trasnfers would be impossible, but it would be nice to see what possible reinforcements to buy in the future.

Great effort btw guys, really loving it!
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The following competitions all count towards your players point total:
The Premiership, The FA Cup, The League Cup, Primera Division, Copa del Rey, Serie A, The Italian Cup, UEFA Champions League and the Europa League

(from FAQ)

So yeah, the Spanish games will be taken into account. But not the friendlies I guess, if there are any
I got Daniel Alves in my team he played both in la copa del rey and the supercup yesterday but still no points I don't understand quite frankly why?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
If your player is owed points, relax, he will get them given to him. If after a week you haven't gotten points you feel you've deserved, post back here with the details
One off competitions like the SuperCup and Community Shield do not count
Amank (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How do you play a game
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You can't. It's a fantasy league. You get points on how the REAL players perform.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_%28soccer%2...
Tmfindal (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hey, I was curious when are the points added to your team. Like say someone on my fantasy team played today and they scored, would their points show up at the end up the day, week, when? Just curious how often everything is updated
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Points are updated overnight
If my team goes to penalty shoot out and one of my players scores will it be counted like a goal?
I believe in penalty shootouts, goals scored do not count towards your season total
Laudoy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Why my dreamteam formation can not display the player photo?
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Some photos have rights attached although from your dreamfooty team, I can see all photos available.

Are you asking how to post your team?
Reyhan37 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Do defenders get any points for assists? I have Emmanuel Eboue on my team (who I think is more of a midfielder now) and I'm sure he will chip in some assists this season
Not at the moment but the ability for players to switch between def/mid/atk has been brought up before and is being looked into
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hi everybody,
What happens if a player from my team is transfered to another championship than Spain, Italy, or Germany?
Can I replace him? Or do I have to wait the "transfer" period (I don't know exactly how to say that in English!)
Thank you and good evenening
If you have a player that is transferred out of your team to a team not in the English Prem, Spanish Prem or Italian Serie A you will cease to earn points for them.

You will have to wait until the transfer window to replace that player
LTUKicker (Liverpool) 4 years ago
When will I be able to see fan valuation points
Hi there

The leaderboards for fan valuation are here and you should be able to see your name in one of the leagues once you earn enough points.

Your fan valuation is also represented in your dreamfooty budget, if you cut £100mil off your budget then you should roughly see where you are in terms of valuation
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
Am I supposed to get points for uefa super cup win and uefa champions league qualifying?
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Straight from the faqs:

Which matches count?

The following competitions all count towards your players point total:
The Premiership, The FA Cup, The League Cup, Primera Division, Copa del Rey, Serie A, The Italian Cup, UEFA Champions League and the Europa League

So no, the uefa super cup had no points to give, and yes, the champions league tournament will get you points
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Question is: I recently signed up for this great site because I want to join the fantasy league and I read that I can earn more points from fan valuation which gets updated every midnight by activities such as writing in forums and editing profiles etc. I have added photos, edited my profile, written in some forums and more but I don't seem to have received any more money for the league yet. Any reasons as to why? I can understand that I havent contributed a lot to the forums so far but the profile changes should earn me money.... Right?
LTUKicker (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ye I don't get that too, if its updated every midnight then why there is no points?
Don't worry - there is a short grace period for new members to avoid them flooding the forums with thousands of messages. After a few days (not sure of the exact details, super secret even from me) the automated code will scan through your posts and activity and award points as deserved.

Remember that a great way to earn fan valuation is to make meaningful contributions to the forums, like a decent sized post to a topic debating some subject or other. Writing single words to a bunch of forums might actually negatively affect your balance (not that you did that, just explaining).

Enjoy the extra $$$
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Cheers for that, that helps me to calm my nerves. One other question is then how long is it until the fantasy league registration closes? Because in all honesty I wanted to wait to make a team with some extra earned credit (hopefully)
The sooner you make it the better. You will not recieve points retrospectively. EG, if you buy Defoe now, you won't get his 50+ points that he scored so far.

Now that the other leagues are starting up, you should probably jump in and make your team
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Do you lose valuation if your team does bad?
Celticfc (Celtic) 4 years ago
I think we should been given a bit more money because we aint got enough for good players
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Not correct, if you notice most of the people in the top 100 including the person in the first place are in the $100 limit range, a few of the people that have been around get more money for activity and participation, its all about strategy and working with quality players, and decent players unless you Man City/Real Madrid aka (Ant) not all of us have a unlimited budget
Shixu (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Why don't I get points for Robben? He scored two goals and played wellfor Bayern
Robben no longer plays in the English, Italian or Spanish leagues and therefore cannot have his points added to your total. Part of the skill of choosing your team lies in selecting players that will probably not be sold on.

Read a few posts earlier, the guy that made Dreamfooty answered this question and it might be a more detailed answer

Kick4Life - changing lives through football