Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - First Transfer Window
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
The first transfer window will open on the 10th of September and will run until the 17th.

This gives you a chance to tweak your squad now you have seen them in action for a few games.

Remember the players will not update to new teams if they move but will score points for their new team (as long as that team is still in the 4 leagues we cover)
Ateam (Arsenal) 3 years ago
How can I convert my fan valuation to money so that I can buy new players
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Holy crap haha I was seriously considering using some emergency xfers.    Will there be price changes?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
There will be a few, but they won't affect you in any way if you already have the player, so you won't go over budget, it will only be users wanting to buy the players it will effect
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Didn't know the window opened so soon. With the Serie A strike, I should have just bought some Bundesliga players instead of Serie A players at the start!
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I agree with you, I hesitated between Benzema and Huntelaar. I bet in the long term. Had I known, I would have put Huntelaar. Players who have bought a lot of Germans are favored, they their just replace them with good players liga. Since two seasons window opened on October 15...
Icegrillzz (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I would like to know if the player values will change because of their early season form. Eg Marko Hoger(Schalke 04), M. Abdellaoue(hannover) just to name a few that have done well inspite their 3m tag
Isotope (Juventus) 3 years ago
Hi guys ! Just want to know, Mertesacker has been transfered to Arsenal right now, so he will score points for his new team for now? How does the transfered player work? Thanks for your help
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Yup, you're right: you can buy him on DF as a Werder player, but he'll get points as an Arsenal player
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Its a conspiracy against Joroen and I. On the other hand I get to save my emergency transfer for another time. I was planning to use them next week to get rid of a few players
*hears his name*
*pops up*

Nah, if anything this bodes me well. Of course you can say it sucks as other people will also get our best bargains, but that's just making the ride more.... Interesting . Look on the bright side: we were both going to use an emergency transfer window anyway, now we don't have to.

Besides, I already have my eye on a few players that haven't done well yet, and I'm quite sure they will soon
I actually thought that this worked in you guys' favor. You've gotten all the points from the german players and now you can swap them out without spending an emergency window.

It would have been better for us guys at the bottom if you guys had to waste an emergency xfer. At least that means you had to waste one xfer in exchange for a couple hundred points.

As for stealing your bargains, I might just do that (muahaha). I seriously need better midfielders
Well, that's what I said, didn't I? I'm not going to complain when there are up- as well as downsides to this. And damn you for all eternity for stealing our bargains! I hope Matt will raise their prices with a bazillion before the TW takes off
I hope that all players will increase, not only players to three million Germans. Otherwise everybody will buy 3 million players in Spanish.... If players are increasing every chapionnats must increase not just the bundesliga
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If you're going to claim its a conspiracy against you, please work out whether its actually bad or good for you first, and have the decency to spell Jeroens name correctly!
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Lol

:D

The only bad part is that it says 'skysports' in the end when clearly it should've been 'Footytube'
Haha.... Nice ad. And yes, this is pretty much Dreamfooty
Ltm017 3 years ago
LOL its true your mind runs wild with what you can do until you see you hardly have money left then you have to bargain shop and make a strategy
Thachad108 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hahaha "what do you mean we've got no money left? ".... Awesome
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Feel pretty sad about out about this really. I don't see how anybody can catch up to the users who loaded up on german players and now will load up on spanish or italian players without even using an emergency transfer. One down for the people thinking about long term.

While we are at, could you give us the dates or approximate how many (usually had 3 but this one being so early there probably should be more) and when the next transfer windows are going to be so that at least I am not this shocked.

Edit: also if this window is to give us a chance to tweak the squad after seeing them play a "few games" why isn't it after we have actually seen the Italian league a few times?
Because who knows when the italians will get started, but otherwise I generally agree with you
They are starting up on the 9th I think. So we can watch them once
Where did you read that? I haven't seen anything saying the strike is over
Read that somewhere a long time ago and then yesterday I saw fsc promoting the milan v lazio game which is on the 9th I think
TheProMember (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I am a pro member and I used an emergency transfer window a day before you made this announcement assuming the next transfer window will be sometime after November not 2 weeks after the teams are locked.... I feel this is unfair. (And did so many people know about it and bought more german players to capture a maximum of points then will adjust their teams?)
My first question is: Will prices increase?
And if they won't: How do we go about reversing the emergency transfer window we took between 24 August and the announcement of the coming regular (or surprise....) transfer window?
You made this needless account just to clarify you're a PRO+ member? Why don't you just post with your original account, and come out for your opinion?
You're right jeroen
If I had known this I would have put more players German (which had already Huntelaar 60).
I also find it unfair because I based on last year (the first transfer window late October). But I take what I say. Why come to complain with a fake account?
Like I said in the reply to Somere's post, I tend to agree with you. But, I too (and everyone else) anticipated an October TW. I just filled my team with players who I thought would get a good amount of points for the period August-October. And obviously, because German players had played about 5 games more by then, I have a fair share of them.

However, I don't agree with increasing prices of players. Last year I was the only mod who feverishly supported that idea, but that was because some players were ridiculously underpriced. Remember Allegri at 3m, Hummels at 3m, Di Maria at 7m, Özil at 8m etc? You can even say Messi and Ronaldo were hugely underpriced then. It resulted in every top player having the same team.
This year, however, there are a few bargains, but I know for sure that they will not be top 20 players after the entire season. Abdellaoue for example, will not end up in the top 20. There are literally no ridiculous bargains this year, but pricing is never perfect, and therefore a few players are slightly undervalued. So if Matt now decided not to change the prices any more, I guess that's that
TheProMember (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Dear Jeroen and Franboy,
Thank you for your insight but with all due respect, the creation and the usage of this account is no one's business but mine and footytube.com's. I do not get involved when you create additional accounts for dreamfooty or whatever reason and you should do the same. Furthermore, should any admin want to know my pro account info, they can check or they can ask me.
If you want to answer my questions, go ahead but please, please, please: Restrain from your Needless comments. Thank you so much!

Can anyone who knows please answer these questions:
Will prices increase?
If no, how do we go about reversing the emergency transfer window we took between 24 August and the announcement of the coming transfer window?

Thank you for your time!
Jeroen you are right that you didn't know the window was going to be this early either but now that it is, it clearly favors the people who had more German players. I remember you saying your strategy was to get German players which you would then replace by Spanish/Italian player. To do this you probably would have had to use an emergency window which is fine because you are giving up something to gain that early lead and squeeze in couple of extra games. But now that we have normal transfer window coming up you can do this without sacrificing an emergency transfer.

I think the staff should have realized that an early transfer window might favor people with more German players and those who only picked players based on early form. For example, I didn't pick huntelaar because I didn't think his early form would last that long, and picked luiz because I expected him to be back in september. I was thinking about the long term and now because of that I feel like I have been handicapped. Imagine someone who only picked a certain player because they looked at his stats for the first couple of games when dreamfooty hadn't started, they got a lot of points from doing that and now they have a very early chance to get rid of that player who might not perform in the coming weeks but did so earlier.

I just find it odd that we even need to have a transfer window after such a short time of the game starting. Also I would really like to know how this affects other transfer windows. Are we going to have more transfer windows this season with less time in between them?
"I used an emergency transfer window a day before you made this announcement assuming the next transfer window will be sometime after November"

You assumed incorrectly and some might say rushed into using an emergency window without knowing the facts. Some people assumed the first window would be January, some assumed October, a few assumed September. To be honest a lot of people have already used one or both emergency windows already.

I really don't think it would be fair to give you an emergency transfer window back based on a wrong assumption of yours, but that's Matts decision alone, I guess. What is to stop every single other pro+ member saying the same thing then? Essentially, we would have to take you on your word.

Matt will need to go through this topic and answer the big questions. Suffice to say, the game changes slightly every single year and assuming it will be identical to last year is a bad guess. Already, we've had changes like three mandatory subs, weaker managers, etc.

There is really absolutely nothing to stop you finishing top 20, even after using an emergency window
"Jeroen you are right that you didn't know the window was going to be this early either but now that it is, it clearly favors the people who had more German players. " - Gerrard4ever

Absolutely everybody had exactly the same timeframe, player choice and budget (depending on pro+ or not) as everybody else. If someone leaded up on Germans early knowing the German leagues started early, that was a very good strategy, not favouritism in any way on our behalf.

For the record, I don't think any staff loaded up on German players, so please don't call conspiracy anyone.

Matt will no doubt be along soon to confirm the decisions, but he doesn't have to spend all day justifying them either. We all started on an exact level playing field
I agree with ant (me too, I almost use a window to transfer emergency Ellia "athletico madrid --> Sporting Lisbon") but I did not do, I was patient. So everyone makes their own choices, it's the game
Is the rule (2 emergency transfers only, and for everyone....). If not, someone like me would be 2 times more f ***** LOL
"If someone leaded up on Germans early knowing the German leagues started early, that was a very good strategy"

I will admit that is a really good strategy, after I saw what others had done I even said to myself that I should have done that. However, it is a strategy that required you to use an emergency transfer window or stick which these players till at least October. This would have balanced the game out for those who didn't pick that many German players because those who did pick them would have had to either lose an emergency window or stick with players whose form might not stay consistent over a longer period of time in exchange for an early lead and being able to squeeze in couple more games.

Also to stop all this assuming it would be better to let us know how many and when the other transfer windows are. The biggest reason why this transfer window has created so much fuss is because it surprised everybody, I am not sure if I want more surprises down the road and be like the guy who used his emergency transfer window a day before the announcement of a normal one
Everybody should relax. It's just a game and the top prize isn't even that much. $250 after a whole year.

People who loaded up on German players got lucky with the transfer window. End of story. And anything can happen. New players they pick can end up terribly. It's only been, what, game week 3? Still a long way to go
I have Messi as a star player - my great hope. I personally think that risk alone will match a lot of other peoples strategies
Staff can't win cash prizes anyway, so why the hell would there be a conspiracy, if I come 25th, the guy in 26th gets the dosh? .... Whats the problem with that?
If prices increase because of some players they have many points (eg, abdelloue, hoger, .... 3 million).
I hope the other players who have not played (rami, Spahic, canales) will also increase. Otherwise, everybody will buy the only players who remained at 3 million.
Ok to increase the value of certain players, but remember to increase all players already placed in the teams' footytube "to avoid penalizing players who bet on the liga.
Thank you
A lot of opinons here so lets state some facts:

There has always been a transfer window before December.
Therefore there would always be an opportunity to swap out players that may be affected by a Winter break.

No one knew about the transfer window until I announced it.

Some people are complaining about the fact they used a PRO window. If you used a window you will have benefited from seeing others teams and picking up players at their current price.

There will be price changes for under valued players.

And finally there is no conspiracy against or for anyone
So are we going to have more transfer windows (when?) before the winter break or is this it?

Facts - hmm... I just had to do this.

Mind games!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Thanks for the clarification Matt. Everyone who is complaining about this transfer window are whiners!

Yes it benefits people who have more German and EPL players than the rest but people knew this knowing that La Liga was most probably go on strike while Serie A had a late start (which turned into a strike after the deadline)

Anyways, why shouldn't it benefit the people who thought it out that carefully.

Also, for those who already used an emergency tw, it is really only one person's fault, and that is not Matt. If you had decent subs than you wouldn't have been forced to open a transfer window. I was definitely tempted to open a transfer window but resisted as I would have only benefited one match day, totaling maybe 60 points.

Anyways. I do have a question. If we have one of these undervalued players which go up in price will we benefit from that investment? If a 4 million player rises to 7 million and we sell would we get an additional 3 million?
You will only ever get what you paid for a player so it is impossible to lose/gain from it
Barcashow, you say people knew la liga or serie a might go on strike but the fact is nobody besides matt knew that a transfer window would be opened so early and that people with more german players might be better off. Had people actually known this I am sure nobody would have picked spanish or italian based players. Most were expecting a later transfer window by when the other two leagues who have started and had a chance to balance out with epl and bundesliga.

Matt, is it safe to assume the number and the dates for the next transfer windows will be a surprise like this one? (asking the same question again, third time lucky?)
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
True no one knew about the transfer window and I think it caught most people by surprise but in reality if we do not gain value from the players we sell then any transfer window is pointless as there is no point in selling a player with high value and only receiving a fraction of his worth.

For example, I have Zeiler (Hannover) in net. Bought him for 4 million, his new value is 8 million. There is no way that I can sell him for 4 million and buy another player of his caliber to replace him.

So anyways Yes the transfer window opened but the people who have players like Abdelloue and Dzeko do not benefit from selling them. If people think of their teams carefully there won't be much movement in the transfer window to be honest because most players have gone up in value
Transfer windows, especially early ones like this, are a means for dreamfooty players to offload players like Eto'o who have transferred out of the system, or players that have long term injuries. Imagine being stuck with a star player who no longer plays in the the big four leagues? At least this way the people most affected can repair their team early
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 3 years ago
So just wondering, if I make transfers right when the window opens (8am BST), will my starting squad not be updated with those transfers until Tuesday?
Correct mate, your team will not update until the 17th, then your teams locked.
You can mess around with your team up until the 17th as long as you don't save it, but once you change a player and save it, that's it.
Btw, you don't have to make all 3 changes at once, you can make one transfer, and save it, but it will still let you back in to make the other two transfers if that's what you want
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well what I mean is like lets say I buy fabergas right when the window opens, will I get points for him if barca plays the next day or does it wait until the tuesday to include him in my squad?
Its a good question and I'm not sure of the answer. I know for subs, they get locked in at certain days, but for buying and selling players I'm not sure. My feeling is as oon as you buy them and 'lock' them in with the save button, you'll get points for them from then on.

Over to Matt for the full, correct answer.

I think they would still get points for their old team up until the 17th, then it would change with everyone elses changes?

Yes, one for matt
Tony, I don't know if it changed this year or not but once you save your team you can still change it around. Like you could sell the new players you bought and exchange them with someone else. The only thing you can't do is get back the players you have sold unless you buy them again
Last year
The transfers did not matter now. Had to wait until the transfer window so that new players earn points. Normally your old team has until September 17....
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 3 years ago
When Franboy is right its the best solution imo. Gambling with TW is very expensive then
Tony right was right first time, saving your transfers will become active at the next save point. So if you do all transfers before Tuesday they will be in effect from then onwards
Kaimacha (Manchester City) 3 years ago
I like the prizes increase but with the players price increase to make it more realistic if you want to trade your player you should get the price that they are now. If you happen to buy a 3m player like (Hoger) he is doing good so his price went up to 8m, for whatever reason if I wanted to trade him (maybe to balance out a team more or build up defence) shouldn't I get 8m for him and not 3m.

Everyone is on a defined, fixed budget of either 115m or 125m depending on whether you went pro+ or not, so in order to keep to that budget, you should only get back the money you paid for a player. Otherwise some players might be able to afford a Messi or Ronaldo just by pure luck, or because a few of the players were underpriced at the start
Kaimacha (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Isn't that the whole point of competition you pick wise and do good and you move up to make better team.
Underdog team will rise -_-

There is a good discussion about it here, with reasons from the guy who made dreamfooty

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league...
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Hi - as first transfer window is still underway - can I reset to my original starting lineup? I tried to buy my prebious players which I changed in this transfer window and saved team. But apperantly they are more expensive now and can't buy them because of limited funds. Between I am trying some iterations and combinations of players- hence I changed players and saved it, damn
If you sold and bought players, and then clicked 'save' you indicated to the system you were happy with your changes. Save means 'keep these changes'. If the undo button is not clickable (it might be) then the changes sound like they are permanent unless Matt allows some generous reset
Thanks.  @Matt: can you please reset my team? Thanks
Sorry, Save = Save. I cannot reset your team to pre transfer window status
Ok, np
Hittash (Liverpool) 3 years ago
When is the next transfer window? /
There'll be an announcement a few weeks before it happens. Only Matt knows these things

Kick4Life - changing lives through football