Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Feature Suggestions
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
After speaking with Lee, he thought I should make a new topic here, where we can put our positive suggestions for future releases. This is not the place to post bugs or faults, thats over at the dreamfooty bugs topic.

http://www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league/dreamfooty-bugs-3085/

For example, I suggested that it would be cool if the player list could show only players you can afford and are eligible to buy (as in, if you have two Man Utd players already, don't show the others). Perhaps a means to swap between the two views then, as in "show all" or "show available".

Another suggestion would be to show players by value as it is now, but also be able to show sorted by team. Sometimes I know I have one Chelsea slot left and I want to use it without scrolling around.

Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
You can sort by team, and in fact any column, if you click at the top by where you see the ickle down pointy arrow on team name, player etc.

Unless I is confusicated by your request.

Show all / available good idea, we shall make it so!
My bad, I never tried sorting by anything other than value, many thanks mindreaders
I have another one. Perhaps a top 5 most purchased players per position, showing which players are the most popular.

Eg

Fwd
1. Torres (35% of teams)
2. Messi (28% of teams)
3. Rooney
4.... Blah

Etc etc
We'll incorporate this into the player points and stat tables when we get to finishing the leaderboards
More stats that might be useful once a few games are in

Most improved/devalued players (assuming player valuations change through the season)
Best/worst value players (total points divided by value)
Best/worst average points (total points divided by games played)

I'm also trying to think of weird or funny ones, like Dreamfooty teams with the worst discipline record, highest own goals etc
Sounds great, also thinking of showing a team of the week, not just user selected, but also THE very best team of the week had you had those players. At some the actual player photos will also link to their compilation videos and full stats pages, with wiki entry etc
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Nice both those ideas are great
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Hey you should find players you cannot afford or are not eligible to pick due to 2 player rule have a grey 'buy' link. Clicking this link will pop a box telling you why you cannot buy tht player.

You can order players by team by clicking the Team header on the buy list.

Love to here anymore suggestions about stats you would like to see, I am like a kid in a toy shop at the moment possibilities are endless!
Yeah, Lee explained the logic behind still showing players you are no longer eligible to buy (you might spot some player you hadnt thought of) but my suggestion was to have the option to not even show unavailable players. If you only have 5 mill left, you really only want to see players worth less than that and from teams you don't already have two players from.

Magicstar (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
Please add more players from serie A
Charrua74 (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Yes please. I really wanted to sign up Cavani from Palermo but he was not available. He is currently on fire
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I know this might be a lot to ask.... But in the future.... Could we add Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Liga Sagres players? Doesn't have to be soon, just asking if you could expand it after a period of time
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Nice yamsy. But if they didn't want to do that they could just make a "other leagues" list and put the likes of ribery grafite riquelme and a host of other stars in other leagues. It a shame we can't get to pic them. But just a idea
Other leagues good idea, will deffo put it in on next update
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Yay ma head aint big for nothing lol
Ltm017 5 years ago
I would like the ability to put some of the fwd's in the mids for ex. I would want robben on the left side but it won't allow me to
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
The option to upload a photo for the picture of our team (ie crest, emblem, etc.), or to choose from a set of generic pictures, and have the availability to choose colors for them.
Matt suggested this awhile back, but didn't have much time to think about best way to do it. Naturally it would have to be totally awesome if it were to go on footytube I'm gonna' have a play today and see what I can build in flash to make this happen
That would be great for sure, custom kits and logos! Nice idea
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Lol I never suggested kits, but that too! lol We might as well ask for a stadium designer But how about the option of choosing a sponsor, but that's a whole bunch of legal stuff I guess lol
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I would love to have Bundesliga on there, I tried doing the fantasy on their website I can't get pass the registration its all in german! Lol only reason I want Bundesliga is because of the bosnian players like Dzeko, Misimovic, Salihovic, and Ibisevic I would buy all 4 on my team
Bundes will be in on next update, it just comes down to adding player valuations, it takes freakin ages, and we are only a small army of programmers and mods, killed us getting all the prem done.... But maybe we could start a valuation challenge similar to what we did with you guys to get the images in (which took no time at all with the power of the footytube faithful).

If you're interested in helping out let me know and i'll see if we can do something like this (obv extra valuation points will go to those who help)
I will do anything that will benefit the site and improve it, also for the Bosnian premiere league I can send you guys in every single one of the club images along with most of the Balkan countries, Serbia, Croatia, Albania, if needed

I'm also doing a a fantasy footy onLink: www.freefantasyfootball.tv and they got pretty good valuations of players not sure how accurate they would be are because Garrard is 19.3 million with comparison to Misimovic 18.5 and Dzeko 18.5
Bosnian Premier league?

Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
New Zealand Premier League?

More like this but were getting off topic lol

Ltm017 5 years ago
Also get we get some more room with the only two players from each team and maybe stretch it to three!

Nothing ever beats asking!.... So ill try my luck....
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
How about designing there jersey's with a generic jersey maker tool?
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
In the pipeline
Hey how bout making it so we can drag are players around. It would make it real easy.
For example I have Sergio Ramos at center half I drag with the mouse over the player at right back and it switches automatically, same thing with the subs move it it over and drop him there that would make it a lot easier
Yeah that would only make your players be in the correct position order, but if they do assign specific roles ex RB LB CBs they should auto fill in the slots but for now they just got DEF which is ok since they all score the same amount of points but I get what your saying having having Ramos as a CB is weird lol
Won't make a difference to your team in any way apart from appearance, but I know what you mean. I know for a fact the "drag and drop" players suggestion has been made to Lee before so we can wait and see. I don't think it is necessary but would be a nice touch
I'll ask vlad, - we may look into it at a later date, but no plans to add it right now. I feel it's a lot of icing with not much substance or practical value (points are the same as you pointed out). Right now far too many important things to concentrate on. Drag and drop would just be wayyy too time consuming to merit the effort.

Oh, talking of style over substance - should be able to add a custom team strip tomorrow, with custom logos, shirt sponsor and club crest
I shall scan in my arse in anticipation
Lol....  You could even put a goalkeeper to play outfield....
Alright thanks guys!
Ltm017 5 years ago
We should be able to make loans!    
Loans with other players you mean? Like a marketplace? Think that would promote unfair play since I can easily create another profile and cut deals with myself
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Well howe about you make a loan with the computer, You get a player for free but only for a week
Aha I took it way too far I see
UgoDroPiero (Juventus) 5 years ago
Where's the little Diego?!?!? Forza JUVE

At one point, y'all should check out the way Yahoo does fantasy football (NFL).... Have a dreamfantasy footy tube transfer "week"/ 2 weeks next year before the EPL gets underway for 2010-2011 season so that y'all could separate maybe 8-11 users to a group and do it draft style so that one person picks whoever they want on their team at one time and after they're done, the next team or "user" picks and so on (1-8/11) until their budget runs out.... That way no two teams will have the same players and you can probably set the "draft" so that the order of users to buy players is at random.... Assuming enough users this year participated in footyfantasy....

This way everybody could be still competing for points overall but you also have heated rivalries between the teams/users in the groups bc no two teams are alike (in the groups of course bc once user 1 chooses Messi, no one else (users 2 - 11)can pick the leo magician)

Pretty cool huh?
Magicstar (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
I don't know why there are only palyers from ACmilan, Serie A has many good players~~
Time constraints, will probably have the rest soon
Aneeceak (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think there should be points awarded to any player(def, mid, att) for an assist. Maybe midfielders and attackers would get more points for an assist than defenders but I feel like assists are crucial in the game(duh!) and are worth a reward no matter what position you're in, even GK hehe. Whats your take on this?
Yea, I agree, I thought it was already added in?
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Yea, currently, defenders and goalkeepers don't get points for assists

Kick4Life - changing lives through football