Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - Cup Assist Data
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
As some of you are aware some of the competitions that are included in the DreamFooty game have had assist data missing. This is due to the fact our data provider simply does not collate this data.

Over the last month I have been trying to locate a reliable data source so we can fill these blanks in. I have been unable to find anything that goes close to providing all the information that we would require.

So the decision has been made to proceed with this seasons DreamFooty game without assist points for these cup matches.

As each leagues cup matches are effected there is no benefit for one leagues players over another so pricing will remain the same.

The FAQ will be updated so you can check which matches will be eligible for I will also list them here.

Competitions ineligible for assist points:
DFB Pokal
Coppa Italia
Copa del Rey
FA Cup
League Cup
Europa League
Champions League pre group phase

Sorry about any confusion or disappointment caused
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's a shame, thanks for trying anyway. I hope that would be ok next year.  
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
That's unfortunate. Thanks for trying matt. I think you're doing the right thing, not letting this drag on too much longer and forging ahead with the DF league
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Well its the same for everyone, no damage done, just less points.... Thx for trying matt
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yup. Equally unfair = fair. And as tony said, thanks Matt
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Oh well, too bad about the data provider. It was working fine last season so I'm surprised the data provider doesn't collect the data this year (or is it a different data provider?). I hope you find a good data provider for next year!

Thanks for the hard work and awesome job Matt
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
So why can't you just add them manually like you removed Puyol's points?    Either fix everything or leave everything
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Unfortunately, that would be too much work for them...
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Yes, we couldn't place that burden on them...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Can you give us a list with ALL correct data for the assists in these competitions? Either take it or or leave it.

Understand that all of this is for free, and that us mods have jobs and hobbies as well
Midssi10 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Wow Jeroen, you sounded angry.... Anyway guys, its the same for everyone.... Chill out
I didn't mind spending 1 hour looking this up. Below are the DFB Pokal assists. No Coppa Italia, Copa Del Rey or FA Cup first division teams have played yet. League Cup, Champions League and Europa League remain.

It's not slavery Jeroen, it's just a bit of research. Turned out to be enjoyable too
Add SV Wilhelmshaven - Eintracht Frankfurt (Altintop, Kohler)
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Jimmy, multiply that by seven tournaments, which take place throughout the week, some with more games per day. Even then theres no guarantee the info we have is accurate so we'd have to go back and double check every time someone said we were wrong. It's just impossible to do manually. Matt made the right call on this one
Yeah, and it would give an unfair advantage to teams that we could get information on over ones we couldn't. It would make things a lot worse than this nifty solution.

It's the best (and fairest) way
Dpalm (West Ham United) 3 years ago
Well one random person just did one entire competition, so are you telling me that you don't have 7 staff members?
Tmfindal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
That's wierd that colletction thing insn't working, but its cool cause I never get assist points anyways
Larli (Chelsea) 3 years ago
That really sucks, I hope they can get this rectified
Sjsung (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It does, especially when you have someone like Cesc....
I think this will end up making the DF league much closer, which is a good thing. It's a pity it happened but its completely unavoidable and hopefully everyone understands that. The staff at footytube not only make Dreamfooty but we play it and are obsessed with it, so we're as affected as everyone else is
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I am surprised like hithere that it worked last year not this year. Its certainly disappointing but its the same for everybody so its still all fair
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
Ant is right.... It will make it closer and that is good.... Also its the same for all of us so no biggie...
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thanks anyway!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Good move. Enough with easy points. Those lazy bastards with their girly passes better take charge and start scoring a few goals themselves.

Just kidding of course. We rarely get the chance to thank these guys for the work they do.

As Ant said these guys are clearly crazier than us when it comes to everything footy. If they let this go it means that it was not possible to do it, after all. (That and their devious plan to pick at low cost players who suck at assists, but are good at everything else so they can stick it to the rest of us.completely unmasked now.)
Thanks Marcinny. I know that Matt tried very hard for ages to sort this out and at one point I suggested manually doing it, but it was just a mountain. Like I mentioned further up the page, the workload would snowball and we'd end up checking and double/triple checking every assist because heaven forbid we get one wrong. People would be posting like crazy telling us that some player should have 11 points not 10 and so on.

Everyone sufferes the same problem here, and lets not forget it only affects the cups
And now instead of the army of crazy people complaining about missing points and threatening to murder their family, all we have to do is copy this URL and the loonies will let out a collective "oh; alright then".

If you see anybody that's curious/deranged, co-footytube members, feel free to shoot this link to them. No harm no foul
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
A lovely way with words scooter.... Lmao
Jadien (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Well it always been down to the goas scored in the real game, why not make it the same way! That all that matters in a game anyway (well in the end)
So mangers are affected too right? So if managers sub in someone who assists, that doesn't count either?

From FAQ under "Managers":
Make a substitution who then performs an assist +5pts per assist
Actually it isn't completely fair, but I guess we don't have any alternative, so we'll have to live with it.

[For example, it isn't fair because someone could have bought a player because he is good at assisting (e. G: Fabregas). Also, now defenders are technically worth "more" because GKs and Defenders lost nothing from their points category while the midfielders and attackers did. ]

I'm just proving a point! Please don't get mad!
The assist data problem is purely for cup games. As Matt said, that's a small percentage of this seasons games for most players. Fabregas will still get dozens of assists in the league, so is still obviously a fantastic purchase.

Valencia.... Not so much
Shmadigan (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Will you eventually be able to fix these problems?
Stewie (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Was just wondering how this would effect the managers? Do will still get the points if a sub scores but not if they get the assist in the named competitions
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Since the assist data is missing, I can't see anyway they can derermine if a sub assisted

Kick4Life - changing lives through football