Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty 2015/16 OPEN
Vlad (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Hi

This seasons edition of Dreamfooty is now open so go and pick your teams from the 4 major leagues in Europe!

Whats New?
This year points scoring will start on the 5th of September for your teams. Why? Well we get most of our users back once the season has already started so to try and encourage these users to join up the delayed start means everyone can start on an equal pegging, you also get a chance to scout the players you are thinking of picking.

Hey that's not fair I've put my team in early! Well their is an advantage to doing so as prices for players will change during this period and this year we have been very generous with our pricing for early adopters.

Transfers
There is nothing worse than picking your team and then seeing your star attacker injured and nothing you can do about it so this season we have introduced weekly windows where you can make up to 2 transfers per week! No longer will the season be over in the first month!

So there we go, let us know what you think and get building your teams!
Leifg (Arsenal) 1 year ago
When does the season officially start? I selected my team two or so weeks ago, but no points have been posted yet. Thanks!
Laskabacsi (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Scoring starts on 5th of september
Thanks!
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Hi Vlad, will the 2 weekly transfers kick in next week please? It seems that these weren't activated this week.

Thanks.... Good luck to all !
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Hi Vlad, will the 2 weekly transfers kick in next week please? It seems that these weren't activated this week.

Thanks.... Good luck to all !
11Neymar11 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Where are my two weekly transfers?! My team has already suffered! I don't want my season to be over in the first month!
Clubsportal (Mass Premier Soccer) 1 year ago
When does the season officially start? I selected my team two or so weeks ago, but no points have been posted yet. Thanks!  
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Sounds A-OK to me. I think it's more than enough of an advantage that early birds can pick players on the cheap. Yes, August won't rake in points for them, but in the long term the bargains are worth a lot of bonus points which is often enough to make the crucial difference.

Thanks for hosting DF again this year Vlad.

Edit: might be good to hide teams for the moment so people don't copy everyone else's teams.

Another Edit:
"When can I buy / sell players?

You can buy and sell players when you first pick your team. After this, you will need to wait for a transfer window to open. 2014/15 transfer windows open weekly allowing you to make 2 transfers! These windows are open Mon-Fri with changes taking effect on Saturday morning
You can buy a maximum of 2 players in these windows.
Players bought will start on 0 points for your team.
You will keep all points for players sold upto the closing of the transfer window.
Pro+ user in addition to the regular transfer windows can open 2 emergency transfer windows when the regular transfer window is closed. These work in the same way as the weekly transfer window allowing you to buy in 2 new players. "

I think it's a really bad idea to allow weekly transfers, especially 2 each week. In no time at all, due to the low prizes of players, everyone will have 7-8 of the same players out of their 11+1 manager and the possible 1 or 2 subs. Allowing one substitution each month could be great to cope with injuries, but the PRO+ windows are basically useless if we are all allowed 2 weekly transfers and it will make the game terribly boring with all the copying going on.

I say this not to promote my own chances, but to promote an interesting season of Dreamfooty. In fact, people copying from the better players works in the better players' advantage: those identical players will no longer make a difference to allow people lagging behind to catch up. I actually used this mechanic to win several years: buy players my competitors who were lagging behind had to minimize chances of people catching up. Variety is what makes DF interesting
Mumbai (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I am not Pro member - and evry week transfer will remove pro advantage over non pro memeber but every week transfer window will be boring (you might think that it will increase footfall of users on website to make weekly team transfer but eventually it will loose its sheen)- there will not be fun in reserch on players / long term bats etc - transfer window after evry 2 months sounds good!
Jimjo (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Why has it changed from 120mil to 110mil?
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I think the prices of players are low enough so you're able to make a great team still
Thanks, some players and managers are cheap but all the usual suspects are still high. Good job beating arsenal bye the way
You're right, i've changed my team since saying this. I don't support west ham, it was just for something new. Man utd is where I belong. Post-ferguson era, lets go. Therefore, good luck to the both of us
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I think teams should be hidden until the points start up, everyone will have the same players otherwise
Hittash (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Weekly 2 transfer is not a good idea once a month or once in 2 month its sounds ok for me
11Neymar11 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I agree that 2 transfers weekly may be a bit much. If the reason for the boost in transfers was to eliminate players being screwed due to unexpected injuries, I would say two transfers a month would suffice. I have the same concern as other players that copying may become an issue if 2 weekly transfers come around. However, you may see such a variance with teams creating consistent weekly changes with the strategy of getting players that face weak teams and are likely to score a lot of points or swapping out players that are underperforming. I've never played with this new dynamic and maybe I will like it more as a new strategy kicks in, but one thing I do appreciate from dream footy is the amount of expertise and forsight needed to lock in the long term decisions of your players. Another fear I have is that many users won't keep up with their weekly changes and for those who are dedicated enough to make the weekly changes create such a gap that those less motivated further lose motivation and therefore extend the gap. It seems to be that creating a more level playing field was a goal with the changes this may be something to consider. However, the weekly changes may result in users gaining more engagement for their team and the game as well as develop a network of more consistent users of the footy tube site in general. This could potentially increase competition and expand the number of footy tube players in the future. This is simply my opinion and I'm just posting this as some food for thought. Regardless of the changes made I will always stay dedicated to footy tube and dream footy and am proud to start my 4th consecutive footy tube team! Cheers!
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Definitely too much. All the teams will end up the same and the game will be over in the first two weeks. The game is fine and unique just the way it was. Now it is pretty much the same as any other fantasy game out there. All you have to do is maintain the players, prices and pay the prizes to the winners. Me and 3 of my friends in top 20 last season did not get anything yet
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I agree about the weekly transfers being too much.
1. There are going to be 3m - 5m bargains. That's a fact every year. By the time september comes around everyone will have these players + messi and/or ronaldo. Why? Because I will look at the players the top DF players have and see these 3m - 5m bargains I didn't catch. By the next week, I'll grab them. And I doubt most of them will change in price because of the next point.
2. Dreamfooty prices aren't volatile enough for this system to work. Some other bigger Fantasy Football games, which are run by a much bigger team of people and just focusing on one league, can afford to do that. A player from a small team is on fantastic form? His price goes up by next week. I can't see you guys with your smaller team doing this for FOUR leagues every week.
3. Like the people above have said, pretty much nullifies the PRO+ members bonus. Although this doesn't bother me that much.
4. Dreamfooty is all about the initial scouting and intentionally made with few transfers so that you reap rewards for your scouting. The few transfers also means that people with time constraints can play this game without being forced to make changes every week. This is my personal opinion but I'm sure several feel the same way. This is the reason I play over other games. Other games with like 30 transfers per season or transfers and subs every game is just too time consuming for me. Like Zizoo above said, it's now like all other fantasy games out there.

Edit:
5. What is even the point of subs now? There's a small argument for using them for midweek games but you can do that with the 2 extra transfers per week as well
Malik (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Agree with the 2 transfer twice a week issue, I think one TW every month should be enough, apart from all team being end up as same, it will be very easy to buy players that are going through a green patch, like Dost from last season
Thanks for your information
2 points:

1. Will the teams be hidden so people can't copy the leaders?
2. Will douglas costa from bayern munich be added? He's amazing
Extra point.    3. Will Ayew for Swansea also be added? He's special.
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
- Jackson Martinez for Atletico is Missing  - Will pedro be changed to a Chelsea player.... Alongside Otamendi to M. City  
'Footytube Creators': No, f**k you
Paging matt and the creators. Backlog of questions. Please respond
Does anybody know, are we going to get all the points from the start or is it just from september 5th going forward?
I believe from the 5th
Twk80 (Juventus) 1 year ago
You may join a league I've created if you like    League Name : Serie A  Password : Italia    Enjoy...
I thought scoring started on September 5th. I don't have any points assigned to my players yet. Am I missing something?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Points, apparently. As we all are
Touche!
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Points are overrated anyway.
I think they are having trouble trying to calculate cr7's final tally

Kick4Life - changing lives through football