Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - 2011/2012
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
For all of you wondering when the game will open I can tell you it is very soon! So keep watching this space.

When the game opens this season you will be able to pick your team and change it until the 24th August at which point your team will be 'locked' in and all the players for your chosen players at this point will be calculated back to the start of the season.

This season there have been some rule changes.
Manager points have now been reduced to bring them more in line with other players.
Teams now have to include a minimum of three substitute players.

Until this date you will not be able to share your teams and people will not be able to view your teams on your profile.

This will include all played league and cup games.
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
So.... For example if I pick ribery, I will get points for the two game bayern already played?
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thanks for the announcements, looking forward to a new season! I'm sure it'll be even better than last year
Bit of confusion there points will be back dated for all eligible matches. So the Bundes games will be included
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Awesome
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Matt you said all eligible matches. Do you mean all league matches, or UCL/Europa/cup matches as well will be backdated?
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
May I ask why so late? Is it to do with general ambivalence with what your final 11 might be (plus the new 2 subs rule - interesting) or is it to do with future transfer movement; for example if I pick one player and he moves to a league outside the featured 4 I will have to change him, the 24th is so close to the end of the transfer window so it might be. Although plenty of last minute deals have been made before, if that's the thinking behind it why not move it forward to the official closing date of 31st of August?

The new 3 subs rule really is interesting, does it have to do with users no longer being able to fill their team with superstars; for example having Messi and Ronaldo in the same team? If it is I like your thinking behind it as in theory it would force dreamfooty players to pick a more diverse line-up, but I think it would be quite easy to still pick up players of the aforementioned quality and just pick up three 4m buys from the Bundesliga (going by last season's prices), although that 12m is still a considerable amount. I like it it nevertheless, but I will like it more when I finally get to start having fun.

Your fantasy football is unrivalled in my opinion, there's something about it which draws me more to it than others I have seen flying around the net. It's more personal, it is fun and it is a pleasure to play. Cannot wait to test out your product, and sorry for the long essay. Thank you Matt and the team
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
You got a bit of everything right jimmy.... Lol, for instance, I won't be taking ronaldo or messi this season, and those that had both last time around will find it more difficult this time, as you "must" choose 3 subs with the same budget as last year.
Challenging to say the least
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I think we nailed the pricing this year. It's been a learning process but we've done some clever code work and tweaking to try to get a fair spread. I'll say now that anyone planning on buying Messi, Ronaldo and Mourinho and filling the rest with nobodies is really going to struggle
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
If I may be a bit forward, what was the reason the season is starting so late? I think a lot of us were expecting it to start before any of the leagues involved started. As it is, it's going to be even more difficult to pick players from the german league since a lot of them are going to have only 33 or so league games counted, in addition to the german cup games already played. Also ideally the first tranfer window should open and close before play begins so everyone isn't holding off til the last minute and grabbing the players who have hot starts
All points will be back dated. The only reason we start late is it traditional for us to start around the start of the Premier League.    
My understanding of it is that when the teams get locked in near the end of August, your players will be awarded the points they would have had if they had been selected from the 1st august. So, you won't lose any points for picking German teams. Rememeber that absolutely every player has the same opportunity to pick players that had a 'hot start' sto the season, so that's not an advantage for anyone, and also note that having a good start to the season doesn't mean they won't break their leg in the first week of September.

Matt will confirm all points soon I'm sure
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
"1st august"? Some DFB Pokal matches were in the last two days of July. Can you confirm that those will be counted as well?
Peteko 3 years ago
Can't wait to embarrass myself with my miserable choices. (Nevertheless, I am sure that I will leave a few hundred poor souls ranking behind me in the table.)

PS. By the way, I accept bribes from players who have never made their first team but want their names to appear somewhere just for the sake of it. You secret readers of footytube, you know who you are. Lol
Michael Owen is on the phone, he wants to reverse charges, do you accept
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Does our fan valuation going to give us extra money for the transfers in dream footy?
Daalayo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Fans Valuation worthless
Fan valuation is no longer included in your budget (115mil or 125mil for PRO+) It does however unlock the different kit designs and logos
Kaizersoyze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think it's brilliant that fan valuation isn't included in dreamfooty's budget.

It certainly is quite challenging to choose a team within the budget given, not to mention the compulsory 3 substitute rule.

Done making my team. Bring it on!
Dreamfooty is now open:

DreamFooty
Hell yeah Love you guys! (in a straight way of course)
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
YES!
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Looks like it's gonna' be impossible to pick both ronaldo and messi this time around. Which is good I guess
With the budget we are given, and the obligation to choose 3 subs, it's really hard to pick a good team. Especially when you're not a PRO member. This season's DF will be so exciting
Yeah really tough. You gotta' take a lot of risks
I stared at it for 30 minutes and could only pick 1 player for sure. This is going to be hard
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Same I have no clue, some of the prices seem a bit weird.... Like sahin 17 million who will most likely be a sub and xabi alonso 10 million that makes no sense lol, and götze is already 13. 5 million, guess I won't have it as easy as last year with cheap bundesliga players
I got my 14 players. Took me hours. Probably still not my final team. I'm a bit worried because there are quite a couple of players not guaranteed to get many games. All the players guaranteed first team and playing virtually every game are so expensive. Even for teams like Stoke, first team regulars are like 8-9mil+
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Yea i've got the same problem, i've tried now for an hour, and just erased my whole team lol. Ima have another go tomorrow. I just don't understand some of the prices, i've no considered going 451 and not using messi or Ronaldo, because it takes too big of a chunk away, which as you said then leaves you picking people that won't play alot. Because for 30 mill you could get Ibra and someone else for 15 mill instead of just getting messi idk what makes more sense or maybe get ribery and robben (just an example I know they are injured all the time, justs still tempted if they would just once not get injured ^^ ). This is going to take a while atleast we have time till the 24th
Yeah the prices are really really odd. I mean you have to pick 15 players in total and you have 125m so that 8. 3m per player and yet there are barely any regular starters for that amount of money from the bigger teams. Its forcing you to gamble and pick crappy players, I don't know if that was the intent this year
I decided not to buy Ronaldo or Messi in the end. I'm also paranoid of discussing players in public. Not because someone might copy my team but because I'm afraid the mods will realize that any cheap players I found are too cheap and raise the price. Lol.... Then I'm screwed. Because right now, I've spent exactly 125m
I never took messi or ronaldo either
I would like to see a team with messi and or ronaldo. Buying either of those two players means that other areas in your team are going to be at a significant disadvantage
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
No Messi or Ronaldo for me either. I could have still done it with Messi in the team but I decided to carry on the general ethos of my team throughout the whole team, even though Messi is an alien from another planet who's going to have another incredible season. No, I like my team. This season's dreamfooty asks you to take risks, so I did. Good luck to everyone, I've got my 14
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I have Messi. I have 4 players over 10 million in value in fact. I had to take a risk with my midfield though which totals 13 million
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Ay we made it tough this year, most people only have 115 to work with as well should make it interesting though. There are some bargains in there for sure, I am happy with my team but we will see how it plays out. TBS to answer your question about subs they earn points if they are subbed onto your squad a day before kick off. Go on Dreamfoot
I'm glad there's so much discussion about not picking Messi or Ronaldo. If you take the theory that you get about 9m per player, then you can choose.... 15 x 9m players or some long-shot bets on a few 5 mill players and that gives you wiggle room for some awesome players.

My test team was full of really awesome players, so it's definitely possible. Just consider getting the 2nd best player for each position which is usually millions cheaper. If you really, really want Messi or Ronaldo, expect to suffer elsewhere
"I'm afraid the mods will realize that any cheap players I found are too cheap and raise the price. Lol.... Then I'm screwed. Because right now, I've spent exactly 125m"

The prices are "locked in" now. Mods cannot change prices
I like DF better this year, it's much more challenging. You can whine all you want guys that it's not possible to pick a good team but it is, knowledge is the key With that said, I'm not entirely sure that my team is going to kick ass, but I'm still satisfied with my picks. This is really gonna' be exciting
That's exactly the right attitude. The whole point is that no-one knows if their team will kick ass, whereas last year you just needed to pick Messi, Ronaldo and Mourinho and you were set for a top 100 finish. This year, you really have to think and research
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Its tough this time to select a good strong team when we have to select 3 subs. Was not able to buy some players like Ronaldo or Messi as they were too expensive. So with some new players one my team, this is going to be an exciting season. Can't wait. Fingers crossed
Dvno893 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I think it is a huge advantage if you chose players coming into teams from different leagues since they usually are cheaper than those who started before, for example coentrao for 7. 6. However you gamble because there is no way to know if they'll be starting in a couple of months. Right now I'm having a really hard time finding a mid-price goalie. Any suggestions?
Hmm.... I don't really follow Serie A but where are the Napoli and Lazio managers? Can't seem to find them in the manager list
Also, the EPL is missing Norwich city manager and La Liga is missing 2 managers
There are a few managers missing which we do not have the details for at present. I will look to add them if/when I can
Napoli goalkeeper de sanctis is missing too
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Juan Mata is listed as and attacker and not a mid
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Yeah same my question! Also Marveux of Newcastle is a winger and not a attacker.... And Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa).... Is also a midfielder! Confused.... :\
We get all our player info and positions from an official 3rd party, so we don't actually micro manage any of these things. Last year everyone had a massive hissy fit saying Bale should be a midfielder, not a defender, yet on the Spurs site he was listed officially as a defender. In a lot of cases, it is probably something like that.

We can only work with what we're given really
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Okie
Ok thanks ant! I didn't buy him anyway haha
Btw, I noticed that the monetary prize has been reduced. Should be more or the same as last year since this DF is much harder and needs more involvement with subs!
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
I want a trip to Hawaii. Driven there personally by Matt and Lee. And Ant on ukulele
If you heard my ukulele skills you wouldn't be so keen
Mauijim (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Driving to Hawaii might prove to be difficult.... Even with Matt and Lee's mai-tai enhanced driving abilities. I bet they could find a way though. IMUA!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
You've never seen Matt's legendary submarine car, Maujim?
Up periscope, nuff said about that
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I was just wondering about the subs. Do they still collect points? Like perhaps half of the points earned (lost)
N3razzurri (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Yeah I was wondering about that too, my midfield is basically made up off youngsters and one old player, now I'm not sure how much playing time these will get but would be nice to know what I could expect from em
Subs only collect points if you have them in the 1st team on match day. Think of them as backup if a player gets injured - and believe me they will get injured. Some people have a tactic of swapping in the subs for midweek european and cup games but I have never bothered with that and I've been top 25 each year since DF started.

Summary: Only your first 11 players and manager get points, but you can swap in and out subs to cover injuries, suspensions etc
N3razzurri (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Cool, got it, thanks!
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Yooo I saved my team preliminary so I can continue tomorrow and now I can't get to my team again? I haven't even picked my stars and stuff. What's goin on open it up please
Nvm the dreamfooty link is broken. Just type dreamfooty in url
Nvm the dreamfooty link is broken. Just type dreamfooty in url
Its not closed, just go to it through the link in the top menu.

Link: www.footytube.com/dreamfooty/?ref=tmenu

The team will be hidden on your profile page, as will everyones, because we don't want people copying the best ones until it is all open properly Aug 24th
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I am not a pro memeber, and I have used 118m and still 0. 27m left.... Why?    Is there any error?
Thanks for pointing it out, Matt will need to investigate
[account-removed] 3 years ago
So inform him!
Link:Link: www.footytube.com/contact

A good place to start. I also notice you wrote it in DF bugs forum so he will see it soon enough
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I thought non - pro memeber do not get more than 115 m $
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Abate is listed as a midfielder wrongly. Should be in the defenders list.
"After serving mainly as a reserve midfielder in the first few games, he later started to be employed as the regular right back by Milan head coach, Leonardo.[1] Due to his good performances, on 11 February 2010 he was offered and signed an extension to his contract until 2014.[13][14] He has also maintained that same position under coach Allegri"

Looks like he was signed as a midfielder and is very likely still officially on the books as a midfielder.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignazio_Abate

Guys, please don't argue about players positions. We get all players and positions from a very well trusted 3rd party source and they go by the official team rosters. If one or two players are out of position in your opinion, sorry but we all have to live with it.

If you see anyone asking this, please let them know.
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Seriously Ant, screw wikipedia!He's been playing in the RB position for the previous two seasons, and especially considered as the best RB in the league by the critics last season for his wonderful defensive abilities.

But alright I'm cool, now I know nothing can be done and the mistake is not footytube's. Posted this just to let ya guys know and was eager to get a solution.
Cheers
I just checked AC MIlan page and he is listed as defender there, so yes, our data provider missed out this one.

Link: www.acmilan.com/en/teams/roster

Apologies for that, but we cannot fix it now
Lol, I asked this but I checked the ac milan website beforehand because this topic is brought up every year
Hi, I realize now from some of Ants posts that player positions cannot be changed. However, I am wondering can players be added? The reason I ask is the Napoli goalkeeper, Morgan De Sanctis, is not listed. He played all Napoli's matches last season and was even called up to the Italy national team
I will have a look at this missing player and see if we can get him added in. I'll let you know!
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Also Napoli manager is missing

Kick4Life - changing lives through football