Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty 2011/13 Teams Deleted
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Hi all just a quick note to all those that have managed to pick a team already that they will have to do it again.

I made an error and left the game open and some of you noticed and started making your teams. Unfortunately a lot of the game detail had not been finalised so I have no choice but to delete all current user teams so that we can all play with the same values and rules.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused
Johnpeterson (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Thanks for the heads up! I was not all that happy with my team anyway and I was getting nervous that I couldn't tinker with it before the season kicked off. Will it me ready to go before Friday night? Or did I read that points will not count until Sept?
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I am confused with that too. Will points count as soon as your team is saved or not count until the end of the transfer window?  
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What's all these new rules and stuffs? Where can I find the new updated rules, regulation, etc about the 12-13 dreamfooty?
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
To my understanding any matches before the deadline for DF will not count. Only after the transfer deadline will points start to accumulate
That's right, only matches after the deadline will count
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Good to know. I won't be pulling off that one trick I pulled last year then
Yes, here in the office we call it the 'Jeroen Ruling' ;P
Hehe, it takes a cunning bastard for the government to sharpen the laws Matt. I'll gladly fill that role. By the way: great job on the new DF stuff. The player prices can sometimes, inevitably, be a bit odd, but I'm very happy to see more transparency in the DF rules (pre-determined and published transfer windows, the notification players' prices WILL change) and that the 'player moves' are tracked even better
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
I'm curious. What was the trick that you pulled Jeroen?
Jeroen just made a team with a high point total from Bundesliga teams like Huntelaar and Salihavoc and made them his star players to and then sold them off in the transfer window.

His maneuvers ended up with him having a 100 point lead over the 2nd placed guy (who had like a 200 point lead on everyone else)
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Is that because Bundesliga started earlier than the other leagues last season? And isn't Bundesliga the league with the fewest games, which seems like a disadvantage?
No it wasn't really a disadvantage because he was able to sell his Bundesliga players in future windows.

Anyways, in the end he dropped out of the top 50 because of several key injuries and never recovered
^ True that. My man TBS explained it. I bought a lot of players who had already scored/assisted/got clean sheets a lot already, then sold them as soon as I thought they wouldn't continue their good form. Because of a seemingly endless list of injuries mid-season, including my 3 stars, (Kompany was my star defender, got wrongly suspended for a correct tackle 4 games) I had no option but to sell some players that ought to have collected lots of points.

Those injuries, the ridiculous suspension from Kompany and the fact I opted not to buy Messi, who is worth his weight in gold ten times over everywhere, made me finish 90th only, which concluded my worst season in DF so far.

This year however, I have no slick trick up my sleeve, I just pin-pointed a few excellent deals and bought them. Good old research pays off
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Matt, you said that the prices can and will change before the deadline. What happens if we already have those players in the team? We won't have to re-pick the team before the deadline, will we?

I hope it'll just work like a normal transfer window where you get to keep your players at the price you bought
Nope now the game is live any price changes will not effect existing teams.

So if you manage to spot a bargain you will not be penalised. Prices may go down as well so it may be worthwhile keeping an eye during the free transfer period as you can sell and re buy pocketing the change!
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thanks. That's good news. At least there's an advantage for setting your team up early even though the points don't count till september
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hey Matt, Just to clarify a doubt, According to what you said here, It's possible to profit from a player whose value "increased" and we can get to pocket the change?

However in the FAQ, it's written "dynamic prices - Prices of players will go up and down all the time depending on performance and popularity. You will still only ever get what you paid for players when you sell them. "

So do we earn profits selling off a player or does the price stays at whichever points we bought them for?
No we won't be getting profits. If we buy a player for example Hazard at 10 million and he jumps to 17 in the next window. We would be selling him for 10 million and not 17 million
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
But if he's jumped to 17 million it would seem he is doing well so you wouldn't sell him would you?!

Whereas if you bought him for 10 and he was doing really poor and his price dropped then you would benefit from it.
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Oh, I get it. Haha thanks guys for the heads up. I get that if I buy [C.] ronaldo now for 27m and his price drops to say, 23m I can sell him and rebuy him, so I get 4m extra. Think that's what Matt meant
Juraman (Sochaux) 2 years ago
Hi,
I've tried several times to make up a team.... But I can't save it. I don't have the usual "whohoo your team has been saved" when I press save.... Then when I disonnect and come back later.... It's gone
Am I the only one with this problem? What should I do.
Please help me.... I'm getting mad.
Thanks
Try using a different browser. You aren't the only one with this problem and it seems to have worked for everyone else I have tried to help

Kick4Life - changing lives through football