Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - 2010/11 Assists
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
We have been unable to locate a reliable source of data for the missing matches so we have decided to proceed without.

Full explanation here:

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league...
Liverpudian (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Joe Cole didn't get his assist point in Liverpool vs Trabz 1st leg. He assisted Babel. Can you fix it?
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Matt said: "As you may have noticed some players are lacking on assist data for certain competitions (DFB Pokal, Early rounds of Europa League)"
Vaivas 3 years ago
Why shouldn't Defenders qualify for assists.... They are players too! You give managers points for sending on a sub who make makes an assist, but you won't give a defender an assist! That's baloney! And by the way.... You list Bale as a defender, but he plays as a left mid now, and has done so since last season. UEFA.com and my eyes from watching the game against FC Young Boys also confirm that Bale had 3 assists in that 4-0 game.

If you want to make the game "balanced" just give forwards more points for goals/assists or decrease the amount that defenders get for goals/assists. Barclays Fantasy Premier League is a great example of balanced, well functioning, accurate, FUN fantasy football
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Why do you sound so angry? Is it just me?
They already had a conversation about bale in here

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league...

If you think Barclays Fantasy Premier League is FUN fantasy football then why not play that as well?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
The game is perfectly fine as it is. Even the Spurs website lists Bale as a defender
Vaivas 3 years ago
@Gerrard4ever Do I sound angry.... Is it all the exclamation marks!?! No, I'm just passionate, and of course I do play Barclays Fantasy Premier league (as do over 2 million people).

@Ant. Okay whatever you say, I was just making a suggestion
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Thank you again matt. Good job
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 4 years ago
Question: do you get an assist for kicking the corner ball that's headed in for a goal? If so, gareth bale should've gotten an assist for bassong's goal in the spurs' europa league game against young boys
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think that is probably an assist, but we have to go by the information provided by our official data provider. If the final decision was that he got an assist (by the data provider) then the points will be put through eventually
Yeah i've watched multiple replays and even read a few game summaries and all pretty clearly indicate what I said, but for some reason game stats (not just here) don't show an assist, which is why I asked if kicking a corner counts. Oh well, just 5 pts
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Don't forget Defenders do not qualify for assist points!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Easy solution, thanks Matt
They don't? Huh.... Learn something new everyday. Thanks matt
Foos56 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Not to open a whole can of worms.... But perhaps they should. I mean, how often do you see an outside or wing back loft in a nice cross? Dani Alves, Sergio Ramos, Ashley Cole, just to name a few
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It's just to balance the game. If defenders earned points for clean sheets, goals AND assists, they'd earn too many points (sorta like how the managers do now)
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Spot on Hithere
Foos56 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Nice, makes sense
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
-
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Is this a secret language or should I be able to read this?
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Flatlander (Everton) 4 years ago
Thanks Matt! Sorry you're having so much trouble with your data provider
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Ah ok that clears it up! Thank you for the post and the good work!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Hi DreamFooty Fans!

As you may have noticed some players are lacking on assist data for certain competitions (DFB Pokal, Early rounds of Europa League). We are currently looking at ways of getting this information so we can keep your player points totally accurate.

In the meantime your players will earn points for everything else we can lay our hands on and we will update the scores as soon as we can.

Leagues affected are now early rounds of Champions League, Europa Cup, English League Cup and DFB Pokal
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ah, that sucks. Hope you find a data reliable provider
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
That should drop a few points, good news

Kick4Life - changing lives through football