Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
DreamFooty - 2009/2010 Results
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
The inaugural footytube Dreamfooty season has finally come to a close; all the points have been tallied and the 'Portsmouth' style managers have had their points deductions and now it is time to announce the winners and their prizes.

First of all I wish to say a big thank you to everyone that took part and especially those that helped out by giving us feedback in the forums.

The total number of players was close on to 19,000 which is an amazing achievement in our first ever season running a fantasy football game, especially considering we only launched it a few days before the season officially kicked off.

So the winners are:

The full league table is available here: Link: www.footytube.com/DFLeaderboard.php
Congratulations to these five. Also notable mentions go to the winners of the four sub leagues:

The top scoring footballers overall and in each position are shown here: Link: www.footytube.com/DFLeaderboard.php?ltyp=top20...

I thought I would compose a few top tens to tickle your trivia bones

Messi managed to elbow his way into the top ten to stop it from being an all Premiership affair.

It appears the Spanish League was the place to go if you wanted an obscure player for your team.

One of the most important facets of the game was picking the right star players to try and scoop you double points. Here are the top five most popular players that you picked as your star player in each position.

Finally you had to get your manager chops by squeezing your quality players into the right formation.

4-4-2 the clear favourite there and the formation of choice for top 3 teams overall.

We look forward to seeing you all back here for the start of the World Cup 2010 Dreamfooty game which should be launched by the end of this week, watch this space!

Nkarli7 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
No love for top 100?
I have nothing but love for the top 100, awesome performance
Nkarli7 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Haha I'm just joking it was a great competition I really enjoyed it!
KingGiggsy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Great Job Matt    Congrats to the winners
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Wow why did I Lose like 2, 000 points?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
For every $500, 000 you were over budget, you lost 50 points.

So, if your team cost was 170mill, but you only had 60 million fan valuation "in the bank", you were badly over budget.

From the dreamfooty FAQ: Please Note: If you end the season with a deficit, the deficit will be translated into a points deduction of -50pts per 500k deficit or part thereof e. G. If you are 1. 26mil over budget you will receive penalty points of -150.
Oh and if you go pro+ at any time during the season for a couple of dollars, you got an extra 20 or 30 million and two extra transfer windows.

That's why my team value was 167 mill, but my fan valuation is 147 mill - the Pro+ bonus cash
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Oh so that's why is was like 74th and now I'm about 3, 422nd. Poor me
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
So there's no love for, say, 19th place, huh?
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Even myself, who came 406th needs love to
I'll start a love list everyone that wants love sign up and Lee will come round and give you all the love you can handle
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
I'm busy this week, you're gonna' have to do it

Forget the love, admiration will suffice.... Thx
Interesting stats.... That so many people had Torres
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It was a bad decision to have him as my star striker considering he only played for half a season. Also its kind of weird because it says he got 508 points but I only have 486 from him. I guess I had him subbed for some games but that wouldn't make sense lol
Guys, if you want to give yourself an even better chance at winning big in the upcoming World Cup Dreamfooty challenge, I thoroughly recommend going Pro+ on the site here, for as much or as little as you think its worth. There is no fixed cost and every penny goes either towards running the site or to charity (Kick4Life)

Check out the benefits

Link: www.footytube.com/pro/
Compact (Manchester United) 4 years ago
First of all manchester united came in 2 chelsea came in 1 what the heck  
This is not the English Premiership league table you're looking at
I think compact needs contact, your obviously new mate, what you are looking at is the results of footytubes fantasy football competition.
Go and introduce yourself in the proper place compact, make friends, and find your way around the site, I have left you the link below.
Cheers

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-introductions/...
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Congratulations to all the winners!
A huge thank you to the footytube staff for making the dreamfooty such a successful part of a smashing site.
Looking forward to everything you have in store for World cup and next season as well.
Cheers everyone! And again, well done
Nice one jim, I'm sure the lads will appreciate your remarks, and I'm sure they got something special lined up for next season, that's what I love about this site, it never goes stale, maybe quiet the odd time, but never stale.
Cheers
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
All right, so it's official! Thanks again Matt & Lee for the great prizes, I never expected to be rewarded with anything at all really
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well I did quite well this season, in the top 10 and only 5 points from Lee grr
If you came in the top 2000, you were better than 90% of people, so to be in the top 200, you were in the top 1%.

Perhaps for next season we can get a medal for our profile that says Top 5% or top 1% in 2009 dreamfooty
Nice idea ant, give users something to aim for
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
I think we should get extra points for our performance from the previous year.... A little boost for our work thus far.... Such as top 10% get to start with $125 mil...
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
For the least picked player, umm.... What of the hordes of unpicked, unnamed players? Anyways, congratulations to all.... I did well too, I mean.... Ahem.... Better than expectations.... It was my first season in charge, holding the reins to a new team.... Ummm.... The usual excuses don't work here do they? Yea, thought not
That would make those players 'Unpicked' not least picked!
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I don't think many people tried winning this competition or something even tried to get points. I finished like 1, 800 something and most of my players didn't play much bc of injuries-plus, I started almost a month late in the competition. I had wayne bridge, a ferdinand, lennon, jennas, micheal owens the whole season and they don't even get to play much or was injured.
I also had other players that weren't playing much or were injured that I sold during the january transfer window. Reira for bellamy, a goalkeeper that didn't start for hart, and o'shea who was injured for gallas. Wish I was allowed to sell and buy more in the january tranfer window. Anyways, it's pretty much my first year of trying to keep up with the english premier league also
I think the competition next season will be a lot tougher due to an increase in the number of users we are expecting to play from the very start. Plus all of this years users will have a bit more knowledge about the best players and how to use the substitutions and transfer windows effectively
Agreed, the world cup dreamfooty and the next major Dreamfooty tournament will be cut throat nasty! You have to remember whn you are buying players that you should avoid the injury prone ones, and the ones that almost never play
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I hope that you make it a bit easier with the transfers!
I think it was very realistic. Real life managers can't buy and sell 11 players in a transfer window. They usually get one or two. In Dreamfooty's system, you can sell as many as you like, but can only buy three per window. Wasn't there two or three windows too? Also, for a dollar or two, you can go pro and get four transfer windows
Its as good a fantasy football compo as I have ever seen, and it didn't cost anything, where else would you get value like that?
What a great Dreamfooty year it was! I Loved it.... Thanks to all who played so well. I ended up 101st and very happy with that. I never did buy a pro+ and ended up with about $ 115 team. It was my very first dream league of any kind.... I learned from this one.... Look for top 100 next year! I made several mistakes.... (can you say Ade? Jeesh, that was dumb for a whole window).... I won't make again....

Hat's off to all! Had a blast....
Looks like reids got a taste for this management mullarkey.... Lol, he's thrown down the challenge for next season, I love the confidence mate, go get em reid.
Great result for a team under $115m team 101st, you could be a danger next season
I am gonna' do it without over spending too.... And I bet you do too if I know you. Old school baby

Kick4Life - changing lives through football