Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dream Footy Stress
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I'd usually join in the bad luck talk, but I feel I've been pretty lucky when I dodged the Sokratis bullet. Right before saving my team and going to bed, I swapped him with Holebas. And the next day, he picks up two yellows for no reason at all (that ref was awful).

I do have Scszesny, as many of you do too, and that was annoying, especially since I also have Perquis and Smuda, the Poland manager. If Scszensy hadn't been so awful, I'd have had two clean sheets and a win, no suspended GK and a manager who got more points too. All in all his idiotic display cost me (and many others) about 25 points
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Tell me about it. In one of my earlier picks I had Mandzukic but then thought, nah Croatia won't do well this Euro and replaced him. And then of course he scores two goals.

But I am having fun though. I've joined two Fantasy Football (Dreamfooty and the official UEFA one) and it makes things so much more interesting to watch the games. Normally I wouldn't find a game like Greece vs Poland interesting but because I have certain players in my team, it's much more exciting to watch. There's joy when your player scores or assist (even a mundane thing like keeping a cleansheet) and there's agony (or a heavy sigh) when he gets sent off or concedes goals. It's like betting, but FREE
Achiox (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I kind of stumbled into dreamfooty - this is the 3rd Dreamfooty season I've stumbled into, and it's sort of funny (at least to me) how things are turning out so far. I forgot to set up my super striker (or whatever that blue star is) for RVP, and lo and behold - the Dutch lose their game against the Danes!

Other than that, my dreamfooty strategy is basically pick players that I recognize, then pick random cheap fillers that have had caps in WC or Euros
HangTime (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I feel you. I did picked gomez but I saw that a lot of users picked klose, so I thought they know that klose is going to start over gomez. The night before the first game, I switch gomez to klose. To get the extra 1m to buy klose, I had to change my goal keeper to the poland dude and he got a red card. My team is not looking so well too...
Ltm017 1 year ago
Don't feel so bad. In all honestly it is a little luck as well. You can't really know for sure who will play well or which team will win. Your player might play good but not get the goal or assist. What can you do. Stop thinking about it. There are thousands of people playing from what I saw last. I mean thousands so don't stress yourself.

You can also think in your mind that you made awful picks and you are lucky to get a few points. Better than nothing right?

Cheer for you team. Enjoy Euro's
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I spent several hours, and I mean several hours before Euro's, just trying to pick the right team, the right players and within the right budget, I had atleast 15 different teams I had set but I wanted to include the best players I felt but having to buy some whatever players. Well now Euro starts, I have Torres, didn't start but went on and really so unlucky that didn't score and whatever. Szczesny the one keeper I wanted to put risk with gets red, so screwed, I wanted to have Italy goalie or defence but didn't, I was hoping to have one Croatia guy cause always feel that they will do well, but the guy I picked was on bench, then I could have go cheaper Spain defender but picked Ramos just cause felt that way, I wanted to have Low as manager but just don't have money so hope France do ok, I mean its just luck but it makes me kinda mad when I know I should picked a team from many teams I had that were options then pick the one and then it just doesn't go well, I mean I could say so much with players I could or couldn't have had, I'm just stressing more then it being fun which kinda sucks
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 1 year ago
Guess how good you will feel for your good pickups.
Egarran 1 year ago
The sane thing would be to either stop playing or stop taking it seriously
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
I agree with Egarran. I won't do this again for Euro's or World Cups, cos instead of enjoying the match, I'm constantly thinking about my dreamfooty players. "I hope Sneijder assists Van Persie. " "I hope Van Persie scores at least once. " "I hope Muller scores. " "I hope Ireland keep a clean sheet. " And then when the games are over, I'm left disappointed with my dreamfooty picks. Lol. So from now on, I won't care about my players anymore and won't do this again.
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I do the opposite, pick players from teams you care little about then when you watch the match it gives the match an edge!
I went mental when Gomez scored especially as I was sat next to a mate who had picked Klose and was gloating he was about to come on
Franboy (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Unfortunately and fortunately dreamfooty changes our vision of the game is like when you bet on a match. Our choices affect the game but it is even more fun I think.
How happy when a captain gives an assist or score a goal. And then sometimes it's frustration when pepe shot on the bar lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football