Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Defenders Do Not Get Assist Points. Remember This!
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm just curious how often we'll be asked this very common question.

Defenders do not get assist points! If you see anyone asking, link them to this topic.

How are points calculated?

Goalkeepers & Defenders:
Clean sheet 8pts.
Concede more than 1 goal in a game -1pt per goal. I. E. Score 1-0 no points deducted, score 3-0 3pts deducted

Midfielders:
Clean sheet 3pts.
Goal assist 5pts*. (League and Champions League matches only)

Attackers:
Goal assist 5pts*. (League and Champions League matches only)

Managers:
Clean sheet 3pts.
Winning game 3pts.
Drawn game 1pts.
Concede more than 1 goal in a game -1pt per goal. I. E. Score 1-0 no points deducted, score 3-0 3pts deducted
Score more than 2 goals in a game +1pt per goal. I. E. Score 2-0 no points added, score 3-0 3pts added
Make a substitution who then performs an assist +3pts per assist
Make a substitution who then scores a goal +8pts per goal
If a manager is sacked you will continue to earn points for the team he was sacked from and the actions of the replacement manager until the next transfer window where the manager will be removed from the game

All (except Managers):
Goal scored 5pts.
Hat trick bonus 5pts.
Yellow card -2pts.
Red card -4pts.
Playing full game 3pts**.
Coming on as sub 2pts**.
Played in winning match 3pts.
Played in drawn matchs 1pts
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ant! Bale did not receive any assist points! Dreamfooty is broken!
Aaaargh delete everything
Mumbai (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lol
Majid (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Daniel van buyten scored 2 against mainz last week in a game that bayern lost 3-2, how come I haven't received any points for the goals he scored?
Minadeo (Juventus) 2 years ago
They don't, but they should
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Bale's assists last season still makes me sad =(
DamnUright (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't be sad Khiem, just put out bale from your team. Everything's gonna' be alright
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Do I know you?
Jatin666 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I made some bad choices - it's my first time playing a fantasy football game online.

When does the transfer market open again? What do people think of my team? Sell Kelly and Ba?
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Sell kelly
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Hope you didn't sell Ba
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I knew, anyway, thanks for telling us.    Bale.... Lol
Hittash (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I bought saurez for 14 million now the value gone up on this window incase if I want to sell him can I get 15 million? ....  
You can only sell him for what you bought him for. You have the benefit of having him at a cheaper price than other people who did not buy him, if you keep him
Hittash (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If I am not. Then the system doesn't make sence?  
Awada87 (Juventus) 2 years ago
Agreed, how else will you make money to buy more expensive players when the market opens?
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
You don't buy more expensive players. You buy players to replace injuries, transfers etc. The aim of the game is not to finish with the most expensive team, but with the most points
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Oooh, the aim is to get as many points as possible? Pfeew, I guess I'm lucky then. I was saving for Messi and Ronaldo, but then my bank lowered their interest rates and my stock market shares plummeted
No I understand the concept but if for example I get j. Woodgate injured which I bought for 3 million, I wanna sell him and get someone else for the same price I can't 'cause players are a minimum of 4 or 5 million now, so I'm stuck with him till the end of the season, I should be able to sell him for his current market price since players values are up.... This way ill get the same level of players at least
That's a good point.... Perhaps Matt can balance out the 3 million cost players, if there truly is no more players worth 3 million
Perhaps, but next season then. How many people have already bought those (former) 3m players are increased prices? I know I have 3 of em, and I won't get those 3 'lost' millions back
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Same here. I got the Schalke keeper for 3m. Now he's injured and out for about 3 months. So I had to use my last emergency transfer to get a new keeper. Luckily I had 6. 5mil unspent from the last transfer. I still had to sell another player (Dani Alves) to get funds for a new keeper though
Good counterpoint Jeroen. What a flippity flop.    Over to Matt to decide but my feeling is player prices will not drop.
I have heaps of 3mill players too, but they were bought as ballast so I could afford the likes of Ronaldo. I wasn't expecting much from them - and neither should you for 3 million!
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I got four 3m players. All of them midfielders and at least 2 of them completely useless.... Grr.... I won't mind either way if Matt decides to decrease player prices or not. It's an interesting challenge either way. But I will say that with this season's high player prices+3 subs rules, the team you picked at the beginning of the season is more important that ever. You're pretty much stuck with it
There are 2 suggestions I would like to propose:
1) since you own a team (virtually) and you have to balance funds then I think that fantasy league should be financially oriented also, you buy a player for 3m, his price goes up to 9 you should be able to sell him for 9m since all other players value also went up.... The beginning of the season 9m is now 13 or 12 so more or less its the same but more competitive

2) next season you just restart everything ! The team and funds and start all over again.... I think this is only fair also
1) there is a good discussion about transfer window profiteering over here Link: www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league... . Have a look for my large post about halfway down. Summary of it is this "Real life managers don't buy players at the start of a league with the intention of selling them in October. "

2) Each season we completely start again so no matter how you do this season, everything is wiped clean and you have to buy a new team. I think that's what you were suggesting
Ok I totally agree with the hassle of flunctuatuing prices for players but you can do one thing, a quarterly evaluation or just an adjustment before opening transfer windows, that way you can sell players for a higher price or can lose money on a player for lowering his price. You don't have to adjust prices based on performance each week, jjust maybe a set date like once every 3 months or so.... Otherwise dream fantasy is fantastic overall really...
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 3 years ago
Dose they still get points for scoring?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's all in the rules. In fact, it's even in Ant's original post. Read it
Kaddoura (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Matt / Ant,    Why don't you add give credit for defenders who assist and deduct if they score an own goal!This is fair enough!
So I guess you'd like it if all attacking full backs would have twice as many points as centre backs then? Think about it
The system is pretty much beautifully balanced right now so that if you buy any attacker, midfielder, defender or coach for say, 15 million, then you will get pretty much the same points for them. No one position is hugely at an advantage. As Jeroen said, if we let defenders get points for goals, no-one would buy central defenders, just 4 or 5 really attacking defenders

Kick4Life - changing lives through football