Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Both My Forwards Are Injured
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
As if my team was not shitty enough. First Zamora, now Messi. Soon people will be begging me not to place their favorite players in my dreamfooty team. It's a curse apparently
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 4 years ago
Messi will only miss 3 games or so. I have Antonio Valencia and he'll be out until the next World Cup it looks like. Next transfer window can't come soon enough for most of us
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=823686&sec=eng...

4-5 months then a rehab period. More than enough time to help Ecuador win the next World Cup :p.... Lol
3 games of Messi will accumulate more points than 10 games from someone else.

Unfortunately, Zamora is gone for much longer and I will replace him come the next window. For some reason, I was convinced that this was going to be the make-it-or-break-it season for him. And in some sense it was
Well there IS a bright side to all this. This injury just means Messi will be well rested for when I pick him up in the next transfer window

So you see, you just gotta' stay positive
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
My 3 star players are all out, vermaellen, lampard, and messi, and I have valencia out as well.
I'm changing my team name to.... E. Are. United
If you meant E. Are. United that's very funny. An emergency room indeed
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Go "pro" Marcinny and grab some emergency transfer windows. Sounds like you will need it
I am thinking about it
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Having seen a still of the moment of Messi's injury it seems a miracle to me that he will be back in 3 or so games
Looks like the defender both caught the back of his left shin and planted his foot on the back of Messi's right. Barcelona had better be VERY generous in taking care of it properly. Too many big teams rush their stars back to "health" and make it worse
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
That's the advantage of Barcelona Scoot: the physios are really top and Pep most likely realizes very well (having been a world class player dealing with injuries himself) putting Messi on the pitch too soon or too long could be disastrous. Also: we have a few excellent other options to cover for him: Pedro or Iniesta can both play on his position, and they are more than worthy replacements
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Tell Messi to man up, pump some cow placenta in there and stem cells and all that, off he goes and plays next week. Bigger ankles means a bigger weight behind his shot, right? He's my star forward!
It also means you could grow another foot. Surely the extra striking surface would be helpful, too
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Or you could grow cow teets from the placenta. Although that's prolly not very helpful
Now Bramble got arrested. He was making some good points in my dreamfooty. Accused of rape, no less. I bet his defence in the courtroom would be that he is a defender not an attacker. Hopefully he will let his lawyer do the tackles there
There's an awesome footy/legal joke in here somewhere. I just can't think of it =(
I thought that my joke was pretty clear. Probably not, because there are not "attackers" in English football, only forwards and strikers

Kick4Life - changing lives through football