Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Biggest Dreamfooty Disapointments
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 5 years ago
During last open transfer window I had 17 million extra footy value to spend on new players so I sold my three worst players and bought the following players. Patrice Evra, Ryan Giggs and Jermain Defoe. For the price I paid I had expected to shoot up in the rankings but so far all three of my new selections have been pitifull. I'm begining to think my picks are cursed. In the last month and a half my three new additions have combined for a dismal total of 65 points.... My advice to others is sometimes the most valuable players are the ones who can remain healthy and the most expensive don't always pay off
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Same here now I have about 17 million left to spend and I only bought Cech whos been doing crap seriously. But still, I can't complain about being in the top 300, even though I've lost points with Glen Johnson being injured as well
MazzaMathias (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Evra and giggs are phenomenal players in real life, but they don't really rack in the statistics
Thenylo (Santos) 5 years ago
I think it's ridiculous how long we have to wait for transfer windows.... One could have a lot of players not being able to add any points to your score if a player gets injured, red carded, benched, Etc.

I think we should be able to change your team after each week. However I do believe it will get difficult for the mods to keep up with it due to the fact that dreamfooty covers three leagues.

This three player limit also has to go in my opinion
Brazilix (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Couldn't disagree with you more

It shows your managerial skills to pick the right players at the transfer windows who do you think will perform well and don't get injured and carded. You have to think on a bigger scale than just one week. Besides you always have to option to compose such a team that has substitute players and then shift them in and out on weekly bases.

About the player limit. It widens your horizon among players if you have to look into more teams to get your team together.

Don't hate the game, hate the player

Cheers
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
It's this that made the game more interesting and difficult
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It also requires more footy-know-how from the get go. You can't have a false start wit this kind of system, or you really have to make up for it at the transfer window.... Or, you have to go pro+ to make up for it lol
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Skrtel and Mascherano
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Skytrel has not been near to as good as last season.    Mashy, too inconsistant
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think Mashy has got worse
Yeah. Stupid tackles. Yellow cards for reasons that only exsist to him
Ronaldo, Rodwell and Bellamy.

Seriously, I did a really stupid choice of buying Ronaldo, didn't know he was injured. And when I came by the news, I've already done the transfers. Rodwell I bought him as a sub just to replace some of my injured players and if Everton gets clean sheets, he would be involved since Neville is injured. But now, Everton seems to concede more goals in a match, sometimes 5. Bad choice really.

I think I did a good job in selling Defoe and Gattuso as I see them not bringing any points and that's really right because right after I sold Defoe, he got a red card and was suspended for 3 games and Gattuso, bleh, he isn't even in the Milan starting line-up right now. Bellamy is the only choice because I couldn't afford Bent and was short by 0. 3m. What a pity, but I don't think Bent is performing as well. Bellamy, in fact is performing better
Haha I got him on my sub bench at the moment. I believe it aint a totally bad deal. He would do awesome when he comes back mark my words. And bellamy has been on and off form. I wouldnt write him off yet.

He is doing better then some * Ahem * Torres *Ahem*
I got Bellamy, but Rooney would be better. Ronaldo is a good buy, even though he's currently injured
I was gonna' get bellamy but I needed a new keeper lol
Keepers don't matter
Buffon is a great choice. If not, Frey or Cech
Yeah I bought frey. Couldn't afford cesar.... Oh Damnz I forgot about given
Given is good, though I thought his move to City was unfair to Hart
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
"I think I did a good job in selling Defoe"  Oh no
Haha, Why would you say that even before his five goals?
Because Defoe got red-carded in the Portsmouth game (I think) and got sent off and he was suspended for 3 games. And previous weeks he didn't score too, so I thought it was great choice to sell him, little I thought...
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Look in th Long Term mate, He's had a great season so far...
Yeah, defoe has alot of goals for a few weeks and then none the next
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I guess you guys won't consider defoe a disappointment anymore. He must have got so many points especially if he is the star player today with his five goals
Yeah haha
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I had Defoe - as a star player - up until the last transfer window.... Noooooo
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
Theres a job going at liverpool if you want it ant? .... Lmao    Goodbye torres and gerrard.... Lol
I had Defoe, then sold him. Today he scores 5 goals, gotta' edit my post now. Nooooo
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah I'm dissapointed with el nino. That's why I bought rooney. So when both are on form I will get tons of points
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
I picked up Gila, Totti, and Ade.... Ade got suspended.... Totti got hurt and Gila slowed down....

All of a sudden Totti scores 3 and Gila scores 2 and Ade scores 1 and Dani Alves scores 1 this weekend.... Lol.... And my other defenders did great as well.... And my keeper Lopez (Villareal) had a great game too.... And wouldn't you know it.... The footy staff is having problems getting the points up! The best single week I have had since the beginning!
Yeah worst week for me. Defoe scored 5 goals and I didn't have him, Drogba and Lampard didn't play which Drogba is my star player. Johnson also didn't play, Ronaldo didn't play. Fabregas and Messi didn't get a goal or an assist they usually do. Only Dani Alves got a goal and both Bellamy and Gerrard got a assist and Evra kept a clean sheet. Buffon too
I'll be right over with some alcohol.... And kind words my friend.... We will get you through this I promise.... Lol.... Hey wait a minute.... I just looked at the standings.... Get yer own damn drinks...
Don't you love this game mates? I am watching LA lose the Championship on PK's and Donovan is the culprit! What? Dude never misses those.... Unbelievable.

We all like to talk and pontificate.... But then the games are actually played.... And BAM! Everything gets turned on it's head just like that.... I love it! Greatest sport ever invented
Man.... Thought it was Beckham who will miss the pen. But hey I guessed it right, Real Salt Lake won on pens and the actual score is 1-1. Just that I didn't guess the guy who missed right, I guessed Beckham
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I has Perotti and he scored last weekend and still have 6 points and skrtel scored too and have the same points as the last week  
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Just a little tip: pick players that provide points for your team, not players who (just) play good in reality, although those often are the ones racking up a lot of DF points. Here is the DF calculation table again:

-----------------
Goalkeepers & Defenders:
Clean sheet: 8pts.
Concede more than 1 goal in a game: -1pt per goal.

Midfielders:
Clean sheet: 3pts.
Goal assist: 5pts.

Attackers:
Goal assist: 5pts.

All:
Goal scored: 5pts.
Hat trick bonus: 5pts.
Yellow card: -2pts.
Red card: -4pts.
Playing full game: 3pts
Coming on as sub: 2pts
---------------
For all players, try to pick players of the starting 11, so they at least always play.
For defenders and GKs, pick players who rarely ever let goals in, which means their fellow defenders have to be good also. I like Chelsea and Inter defenders, because they are both teams that often get clean sheets.
For MFers, get attacking MFers. They are more likely to score and assist, and less likely to pick up cards, which means more points.
Attackers obviously have to score, often, and preferably also assist their team mates in doing the same. It's no wonder why attackers from teams like Barcelona, Arsenal and the Spurs are so high up in the DF charts, as all these teams try to dominate the game and have plenty of chances each game
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 4 years ago
Haha quite the turnaround for Defoe. 40+ points in one game. Still Giggs and Evra have been quite a let down for my Dreamfooty team so far. I also over estimated Pepe Reina. Not Liverpools best season yet this year
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I have one striker since Van Persie went down...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
If anyone wants to do really well, do the opposite of me. I had defoe as a star, then sold him - just before he got five goals in a single match. Then I moved Rooney to the bench - and he scored a hat trick.

Fantastic
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Lol tough luck Ant
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I did the same thing.... And bought keane! Omg Rooney didn't do anything and all of a sudden hat-trick lol I got keane for the assists
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hahahaha keane? Hahahahaha    He's not even a starter, alen.
Haha unfortunate ant
Kestonj (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha, that's is really sad Ant.... Next time do the complete opposite of what ever your are thinking.... My problem was Nani.... And he's one of my stars.... I don't know what he did to SAF but he got benched, and Iniesta who was injured at the beginning of the season came back an passed him in a few of weeks!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Haha keston, its what nani did'nt do that got him on the bench, he's rubbish. A park bench would be too good for him
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Is there any truth you have been offered the portsmouth job ant?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Luck of the irish
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ronaldo doesn`t play much. Now Van Persie is injured, he will be out for 5 months. Carrick is not a first eleven at Manchester United
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Insua and possibly Nani, both players don't really get enough playing time. They've been bad for me
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You probably don't watch liverpool games because if you did then you would know insua has played the vast majority of games this season. The reason I guess you could say he is flop is because liverpool have let in so many goals therefore the lack of points. I have had insua since the start but I am going to relegate him to the bench come January

Kick4Life - changing lives through football