Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Biggest DF Disappointment...so Far...
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
What has been your biggest disappointment in your DF team thus far? I picked Vermaelan (Who was awesome last year for me....)and Neuer.... Both have been a huge let down.... How about you? Did you pick a sure thing that turned out to be a no-thing? BTW: injuries don't really count....

I apologize in advance if this thread exists.... I looked for it in this section but found nada....
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Neuer is probably going to be on everyone's list. He's on mine too. But I still have him since I can't afford anyone else.

Other than Neuer, my Barca players have surprisingly been a let down.
My star player Pique got points but not as much as I would have liked. Barca just haven't kept many cleansheets and he got sent off the other week. Pep Guardiola may be in the top 20 coaches but he cost a fortune and other much cheaper managers got a lot more points. I've sold both of them now. Earlier in the season I've also used my emergency transfer window to sell Sergio Busquets
Yeah.... I am not Pro so I am dealing with only $110.... I have Xavi and Puyol and they are doing great...
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm one of the few that doesn't have Neuer. I spent big and got Casillas
Remember I was saying I had Cassilas    5-0 against!
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I fully agree, schalke have been horrible this year
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Neuer actually isn't as bad as he used to be. He's in the top 20 keepers now, which is a great result for 4M. For me the biggest letdown was definitely Rooney. 34 goals last year, to crying like a princess with a broken hi-heel shoe this year. Dropped like a sack of rocks
You know.... I really think Rooney is the biggest disappointment period! What the hell happened to that guy? You are right about Neuer.... He is coming up.... 100 pts right now.... May have to change that.... Lol.... For me Vermelean and Hangland and Pinar are bad too...
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I would say taking part.... Lol, no luck at all
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Can I talk about injured players anyway? It feels good to just complain about something.

Neuer turned out to be waste of 4m. Good thing though that I did not buy my last years keeper, valdes because he was worth 8m more and has only 1 extra point than neuer so far.

Defence, oh boy where do I start. Pique (star player) has barely kept any clean sheets, I think the actual number is 4. Had to sell vermaelen by using an emergency transfer window. Glen johnson hasn't been much help either considering liverpool have barely won this season. Thiago silva is often injured and milan just have to let in a goal every game.

Midfield problems have generally been down to injuries lampard (star) and navas got injured early in the season and I waited too long to sell lampard.

I shall try to fix these mistakes in this window somehow
Damn.... Dude I feel your pain.... What a disaster.... I just bought some players from the Bundesliga.... Looks like more scoring going on there.... We shall see.... I know one thing however.... Everyone is a lot smarter this year.... Lol.... I will be lucky to get to 300 this year
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Where did you finish last year? I am pretty much at the same position I was last year at this point but like you said people are more smarter this year so I have to be smart with my buys in this window
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I have only had one star player since then season started.... Lol, one week I had a manager, a goalie and 3 players available to play, due to vermeallen {star defender} out contento out, ramos out, I had lampard {star mid} out, valencia out, and up front I had milito out, and messi {star striker} out for a while, but with the transfers, I scored heavily this week, as all my star players scored, messi, innesta, and ramos, plus I had nasri who scored.
So for once I'm happy, but I didn't half lose some amount of points early on in the compo
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Neuer? OK, I too was hugely disappointed until about a month ago, but then Schalke started getting many clean sheets. Neuer is even the 18th best goalkeeper now!

My biggest disappointment was pretty much half of my team (counting star players double) dropping out injured right after I had selected them and the August transfer window ended. I had to use up both of my pro+ windows to be able to substitute all my injured players, which were:
* Maicon (star defender, out for a month)
* Lampard (star midfielder, out for what looked like a month at first, now it's added up to 3 months)
* Valencia (out for half a year)
* Vermaelen (out for a few months, but luckily I immediately sold him when the news spread)

Other players that have been unlucky with something:
* Höwedes (picked up red cards in the Bundesliga and the EL, was banned for 5 games in total, kept no clean sheets until recently as he's a Schalke man)
* Messi (injured for 2 weeks, which was miraculously short given the assault)
* Maicon and Lampard (kept them for far too long before deciding I had to sell them)

I'm still in 18th position, but I bet the whole top would look different had it not for top teams like Schalke04, AS Roma, Bayern, Liverpool or any of them underperforming so badly or the many, many injuries
You're lucky you're still 18th dude. I was 15th about a month ago. Look where I am now =((((
Wow.... Jeroen, I'm impressed. You're still at 18th depite all these setbacks. For me, I've been very lucky most of the time (until recently). That's the only reason I reached as high as 2nd. But lately my luck has started to run out such as my star player Pique getting a red card, recent injuries to Badstuber and Sagna, and star players Ronaldo and Malouda losing their red hot scoring streaks
Well, I would definitely not be top 20 if I was the only one that was unlucky I comfort myself with the thought that most players that were injured were players a lot of people bought, so the bad luck was the same for many of us competitors.

The only thing I am annoyed by is that right before deciding my team in August, I decided Valencia would be a better purchase than Nani, so I swapped them. We all know what happened to Antonio, and how well Nani has been doing. But I only have myself to blame for that.
I lost quite a few points due to assists not being counted by our data provider too, but again that's something that happens to all of us
Valencia over nani was a no brainer at the time. No one could've forseen he'd step on a WWII era landmine on the pitch and destroy his leg
On the contrary, I chose nani at the start - as my star - and have been laughing all the way to the bank. My midfield is the weakest, but Nani is really helping.

Pity I hate him
That was an inspired choice then sir! Because based on their performances last year I'd have called you a lunatic at the time
Unmecenfrance (Lille) 3 years ago
My biggest disappointment? Starting the competition three weeks into the season! I have a decent squad and my star players all turned out to have great starts to the season, but it's impossible to compete not having gotten points for three weeks worth of footy! As for people saying Pique is a bust.... Well yeah, you should have gone for Dani Alves. He's been my top point-getter as my star defender. Pique gets too many cards and never scores goals. Alves is nice, always plays, and gets forward. For those who picked Rooney.... Have you seen the man play for the last 6 months? He hasn't done squat since February. I went for Berba instead, which payed off for the first part of the season, but I'm about to dump him for a more consistent number 9. My biggest surprise was Metzelder. I picked him up for cheap because I left most of my defence for last, so I had to scrounge for a decent talent in a decent squad. Since, he's been my leading non-star defender, and easily my cheapest high-scorer. We'll see how Schalke manage though. As for me, 1574th place hurts
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah when I first made my team I couldn't afford alves. Later I could, but wasting an emergency transfer on that seemed like a bad idea
I'm beginning to think buying Sergio Ramos and making him my star defender was the biggest mistake I ever made on DF, LMAO!

I don't give a s**t though, that idiot got 2 pathetic red cards (in the champions league and in La Liga) and plays fouler than I've ever seen him do. I'm just thrilled Barça utterly destroyed Real and was by far the better on all fronts. Much better defence, awesome midfield, godlike attack combined with fair play and of course beautiful, beautiful football. None of that can be said for Madrid
Haha I was laughing my head off when I watched him and alonso get those ridiculous red cards last mid-week. And then this game too! If these idiots keep this up I might have a chance to climb back into the top 20 after all. And no goals for ronron or messi! Although leo did have a couple assists and I have marcelo and pepe =(
Haha you have Ramos....    Oh. I have Casillas.
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Very disappointing indeed, even though you will be removed points for those pointless bookings, we all know that Ramos is an amazing defender and will get you those hardly earned points back!
Theshid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Higuain my star striker is out injured for at least 2 months he earned me good points so far I'm rather disappointed that he's injured I'm going to struggle now
Ouch. That sucks. No more emergency transfers I assume?    I didn't know he got injured
Uh.... Nice user pic dude
Anyone has any clue when Badstuber is gonna' be back? He hasn't played for like 2 months! And I can't find any latest injury news on him
You know what, forget it.

I just read a news report that said "As for Badstuber, he has been ruled out for the rest of the 2010 programme with inflammation of the pubic bone, known in medical circles as osteitis pubis. " I have no freakin' clue what "osteitis pubis" is but it doesn't sound good.

I've done what I should have done weeks ago. I've finally used up my last emergency window and replaced him and Sagna with two Borussia Dortmund defenders. I know it's an uninspired choice since like 50% of teams have Dortmund defenders but anything's better than getting pathetic points for Sagna and zero points for Badstuber every week.

Now I just have to hope Borussia Dortmund keep their form and cleansheets going. Go BVB!
They will.... Except that the bundesliga takes a break in december and january, so dortmund will play a couple fewer games than the likes of ManU.... If I were you i'd have gone for Marcelo and Pepe from Real Madrid. I think combined they're actually cheaper than the Hummels/Subotic and RM dominate anybody not named Barcelona
If you noticed I do have Marcelo (star player) and I already have Ronaldo (star also) so I can't get another RM player (I even have Ozil, lol).

I did notice the December break but I'm sure I'll get more points than the Sagna+Badstuber combo I had anyways. Arsenal face the likes of Chelsea, United, Fulham, Man City and other away matches in Dec/Jan so I don't expect Sagna to keep a lot of cleensheets. And Badstuber isn't getting any points.

Plus, I figured, the EPL/Serie A/La Liga have 38 games and the Bundesliga 34, which is just 4 games fewer. Also BvB plays their full strength team in the Europa League so hopefully they get through to the knockout stages.

Btw, you still planning to get Mourinho as coach after the 5-0 trashing? Lol
Jose knows how to compensate man. Look at Inter last year. Besides, even if RM get thrashed again, they only face Barca once more. They still dominate the rest of La Liga
Yeah I guess. As long as RM keeps winning and subs like Benzema keep on scoring goals, it's fine
Drdownundermum (Charlton Athletic) 3 years ago
My biggest disappointment is that I am rubbish at Dreamfooty.
Although I am pleased with a some of my players....
It is just extraordinary how brilliant the top Dreamfootlers are
With massive scores.... Amazing
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Well biggest disappointment was Neuer, but schalke is coming now.... Also khedira isn't getting alot of points but he was very cheap 6mil. Müller has been a bit dissapointing also, but I can't complain only injury i've had so far was messi and I used pro window and replaced him with villa for 2 weeks probably not the smartest thing to do but I didn't want to lose my top spot, now I'm just going to try and not fall too far behind during the bundesliga break.

Oh and I hope bayern gets back on track soon since LVG only has 219 pts still top 15th coach but for his price....

Sergio Ramos is by far my biggest disappointment really: the moment I got him he picks up 2 reds, a number of yellows, is banned for several games, gets thumped 5-0 by Barça, and now is injured for a month! f*****g awesome for my star defender (why the hell didn't I go with the flow and pick wimpy Marcelo?)
Ltm017 3 years ago
I agree.... Both in Champions league and La Liga so he is basically hanging around not working off what I paid for him! And he is my star defender!
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Spend on player like subotic, or hummel is worth it, buy less and earn more lol
Well I've had Hummels from day 1, I always knew he was gonna' do great. But Ramos' season so far has been tainted with foul play, injuries and more foul play. Sad
Too bad dortmund exited the europa league today. Further devalues my defence grrrr =(
Manchester14 (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 3 years ago
Yeah sergio ramos has been bad for me too
I thought Ramos was injured? He played in the last match and got a cleansheet! Meanwhile Marcelo didn't play due to suspension.

Man, I'm free falling down the DF leaderboard lately
Yeah, I thought Ramos was out too, the Madrid website even mentioned that. Good for me and the others who have him. I just went up 15 spots in about a week to the top 5 partially because of that
Damn Jeroen.... 5th place already now? How did you get anointed with these awesome DF powers?
Hey, it's about the only thing I'm good at
Billiam (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Houghton got sacked(I had 100m budget at the time I bought him), really annoying as he really didn't deserve it.
Also it happened just after the transfer window closed so now I need to wait till Feb to replace him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football