Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
5-3-2 Thorts
Drdownundermum (Charlton Athletic) 4 years ago
I have noticed that top boy on the leader-board has this formation, but not many others do?
Do you think it is a bad strategy? Is the formation set once and for all, when you choose your team?
I have wizzed up hundreds of places this week which made my day! Awesome
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
The current top is really not at all relevant, no offence to players who started well. A lot of people are smart enough to think on the long term and as the only league that's really kicked off a while ago is the EPL, most current top users will likely not end up high in the end, because their team consists of EPL and maybe a few German players only.

So don't worry about possible 'strategies' in this very limited strategic game. Last season the top 20 defenders had about the same amount of pts as the top 20 attackers and midfielders, and even the best goalkeepers weren't far behind, so a 5-3-2, a 4-3-3.... It doesn't really matter, as long as your players score good DF points
Oh bugger I don't have any Germans
Dpalm (West Ham United) 4 years ago
Omg your so insightful
Great advice  Next transfer I am going to buy in a dose of The Klopp
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That's not really completely true, as you can use this fact to your advantage. It's important to grab points anyway you can, and you can take the bystander view that Jeroen has taken, or you can fill your team with English and German players and swap them for Italian and Spanish in your emergency or November transfer window
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 4 years ago
Suggestion to staff: would it be possible in the future (maybe next season) to freely browse the league, see any player's stats we want and their points? It certainly would've been a huge help when I was researching my team to see which players did what in last season's dreamfooty.

Tactically, go with what you can afford. If I was on a 100M budget like the top guy, i'd get a lot of defenders from top clubs as well. It's easy to get a nonstar defender from a top club for cheap and earn easy points - usually 14 for a shutout win. You can fill a 5 player back line with german defenders from top bundesliga clubs for an average of 5M a player I bet. I almost did that, still might. And the bundesliga seems to see a lot more shutouts than other leagues. You can then use that extra money to buy expensive (goal scoring players) at mid and forward. I bet this is what the top guy did. I expect to see 4 or 5 bundesliga backliners for him when the teams get revealed.

And you can change your formation anytime you change your lineup, I'm pretty sure. Like when you make a sub, or during a transfer window
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah I've been wanting that for a while, it would be awesome to see past statistics of dreamfooty, as well as your team, and every players current one. Maybe we could just make some player lists in the team forums and then player profiles...
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure all our teams will be revealed next week after la liga and serie a get started.

The top 20 scorers lists are adequate for personnel transfers for the most part, I just get the feeling I'm missing out on a steal of a player somewhere way down the scoring list, who couldn't quite crack the top 20, but at the same time cost pennies. Maybe just my OCD kicking in, but it drives me bananas when I miss out on fantastic deals
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
So I notice the Leader at the moment is an 11yr old Korean-supporting Girl.  That is soooo Cool.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football