Forums / Developer Forum
Order: Newest / Oldest
Good Idea. But Need A Developer.
Jsheldrick (Charlton Athletic) 2 years ago
Hi,

I've been trying to build my idea for a football fixtures site for a while, but generally lack the skills required to do so properly. It all seemed doable when I started, but I soon realised it was beyond me

The idea is to make a place where you can quickly get your clubs next games, and whether they are showing on TV. Coupled with a table showing both teams standings I think it'll be a nice looking place that trims all the fat and gives people a more streamlined place to grab the important info.

I'm a designer, so the flats are all pretty much done, and I have the domain and hosting sorted, so just need a kind fellow who shares an interest in making something nice.

The URL is nextgam.Es - which should work nice with club sub-domains (eg. Arsenal.Nextgam.Es)

I've uploaded a visual on the link below, so have a look and let me know if anyone fancies helping someone out.

Thanks guys! Hope this gets spotted
Mikez (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I have the skills that you require. I like the idea and love the design. Send me your email and we can discuss further
J007eY (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Great idea, and the design looks great. Where are you going to get the data?
Jsheldrick (Charlton Athletic) 1 year ago
I was hoping that the OpenFooty API would provide the majority, and am happy to populate a database for things like TV channels etc as long as keeping on top of it doesn't become a daily pain.

Of course, things can scale up or down depending on what people think is possible, but OpenFooty seems like a good bet ATM.

My email is contact[at]jordansheldrick[dot]com - I posted it to your wall Mikez, but not sure how easy that was to find.

Thanks for the interest!
Ionescu (SC Petrolul Ploiesti) 1 year ago
Hi, what's the status on nextgam. Es? I came across footytube trying to do the same thing: adding tv broadcast information (schedule, channel, satellite position) for each match. Is your project still going?
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
He hasnt logged in for 6 months since that last post, I'm guessing its up and running or he gave up!  
Jsheldrick (Charlton Athletic) 1 year ago
Hey,
Almost gave up, I applied for an API but it never came through so started to loose momentum when the season started!
But almost certainly still up for making it happen if anyone out there fancies taking it on

Kick4Life - changing lives through football