Forums / Developer Forum
Order: Newest / Oldest
Api Mobile Support
Alejandroc86 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Hi.... I am alex from nyc. As part of my thesis project, I am designing a soccer i-phone application that requires real time chat and pulling live match data from spanish and english league. My question is: Does the open footy api supports iphone or any mobile platform, or just website? Thanks. Once I know the answer I can move forward with my thesis project
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
The API methods are not platform specific and simply return results in XML form
Alejandroc86 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Thank you Matt. I am not fully technical savvy so please bear with me. So you mean the methods are not platform specific, you mean I can fully implement onto my iphone app a fan chat feature while a soccer match is on? Could I also use sql to pull out real time players data into my application? I plan to use apple's objective see for the backend of my application. Thanks a lot
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
As long as you can break down the XML return of the API methods there really is no restriction at all.
As for using SQL what we would recommend is having a background application pulling the API methods then commiting the results to a DB which you can then query with SQL.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football