Forums / Denmark
Order: Newest / Oldest
Denmark V Portugal, Oct 11
DeathTheKIDD (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Glad to see cr7 not qualify.... It shows that he needs a proper team.... Maybe this will teach him that its a game with 11 players not a one man show
Clazydude (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Meireles, moutinho, nani, danny are his team. These are all great attackers/midfielders that are the core of the offense and can complement ronaldo's ball skills and speed. Their defence is what's shaky; carvalho is old, pepe is overrated
Smtbgame (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They will qualify from the playoff

One man show? He is the best player in the team and the most dependable person

The result was from the team lacking teamworks
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Lol damn you haters hold on to things.... Go watch some madrid games and see ronldo playing with team work, this is not his time in united where everything was about him, get over it and open your eyes, even ibrahimovic is less of a team player
Olefutebol (FC Tokyo) 3 years ago
So true. I don't know how people can blame it on one person for yesterday's match. It wasnt even about an individual. The issue lies in team work. Portugal as a team played a sub-par match while Denmark as a team played well. Haters are blind and frustratingly stupid
Nupoor11 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
CR7 is the best player in the world but the best players cn never get a good team, for example messi, CR7, rooney, neymar and others!
BadTripRich (AS Roma) 3 years ago
What?  
First of all, and most importantly, CR7 is NOT the best player in the world. Raw football talent ALL GOES TO messi then xavi and iniesta. CR7 is just very fast and strong.

Argentina is not good? Higuain, Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Pastore, Di Maria, Alvarez, Burdisso, Zabaleta and soon even Erik Lamela (Lamela, Higuain, Messi, Pastore, Tevez and Di Maria are all superstars)

Brazil is not good? Neymar, Hulk, Ronaldinho, Kaka (will be back soon), Pato, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Hernanes, David Luiz.

Portugal: moutinho, mereiles, nani, cristiano ronaldo.

If I had to point out a flaw it wouldn't be the weakness of the players but the weakness of the coaches.

Footyfan102011 (Benfica Lisbon) 3 years ago
How can you honestly say that xavi and iniesta are better than ronaldo? Ronaldo is not even in the same league as them too.... Ronaldo is the second best player if not first by far! Messi is also very talented but Ronaldo had a better statistical season than Messi last year so I think that raw football talent ALL GOES TO ronaldo.... As for portugal having a good team I agree however portugal lacks the chemistry that a team needs to succeed.... The coach is decent but its very hard to discipline all these superstars to play together because each one wants to show what they're worth...
Actually CR7 is the best player in the world his technique and shooting skills are better than messi

Messi has great speed and dribbling skills
And with world class teammates like xavi and iniesta, messi would seem to be the best

To me he's the second best
Yashioman (Liverpool) 3 years ago
BadTripRicj is completely wrong. Thank you Footyfan102011, Smtbgame and Nupoor11 for standing strong with the truth. Cristiano's skill level compared to Messi are probably 40:1. 40:1! That is unacceptable for any professional playing for a top class team (Barcelona). Messi is Krillin, Ronaldo is Vegeta
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Xavi and iniesta better than ronaldo lmao!.... Now because denmark won they gonna' say bendtner is better than ronaldo.
Keep dreaming no matter how much you hate the guy messi is the only one better than ronaldo and I see no shame in ronaldo admitting it because messi is out of this planet
Erosunique (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Fake Ronaldo better than Messi? I wonder while some myopic fans just can't be truthful for once because Messi has been compared to Pele and Maradon so that should be enough to quell any argument. Who will dare compare Fake Ronaldo to Pele or Maradona?
Reventon (Barcelona) 3 years ago
The EPL fans are always hating on messi
Just so everyone knows.... I DO NOT HATE ronaldo. I think he is an invaluable asset to any team. He is great!

But when I refer to raw talent, I mean vision, passing skills, composure, performance in big games, etc.

Ronaldo does NOT HAVE THE touch, vision, passing skills OR dribbling that Messi has. Ronaldo has a great shot and a killer instinct 25 ft. Around the net. But so does Messi....

As well, Ronaldo DOES NOT assist or create opportunities like Messi.... Let alone the ability to play soft one-two touch football. Messi is the master on the best team in the history of the sport.... They have revolutionized the game and he is the focal point for crying out loud.... Ronaldo has just revolutionized blasting the ball.

As for Xavi and Iniesta.... I meant that they can create more then Ronaldo ever could.... EVER.... And that is fundamental to being one of the best....

Ronaldo can finish at top level.... But he's too selfish and one track minded.

Imagine Ronaldo was not as fast as he was.... Then what? It would completely change his game.... Whereas if you took the speed away from Messi he has his dribbling, passing and vision to rely on.... He is a very well rounded and multi-faceted player.... I think moreso then Ronaldo

And if you really want to talk statistics which to me IS NOT A measure OF RAW talent BUT rather A measure OF HOW WELL HE DOES HIS homework then what about the real statistic.... The team statistic.... Not the individual points....

More specifically, messi has 3 champions leagues by under 25.... Ronaldo almost lost it for Man UTD with his missed penalty. Yes, it's true that Barca are the best team in the world.... But Real Madrid and Man UTD are.... Pretty f@*!Ng amazing too.

And if you want to get "individual statistics" then Messi won the Ballon d'or twice already.... And he's younger than Ronaldo....

But again, these don't really matter when you're talking about their natural talent on the field. To judge that you must understand the game and their ability on the field. Ronaldo is like Ibrahimovic on crack.... Selfish and one track minded and scared of big games.

Can yous say that about Messi?
Footyfan102011 (Benfica Lisbon) 3 years ago
I wanna know how can you possible be say that Messi is that great.... Its the team that makes the player and not the player that makes the team.... Messi wouldnt accomplish 1 quarter of what he acomplished if it wasn't for Xavi Iniesta and Villa! Its much easier to get a lot of assists if you have the best striker in the world to score goals.... And to prove that Messi wouldn't be as good without his team just look at the international level.... What has messi ever done for argentina.... When has he ever made the difference when playing with argentina? And don't forget argentina has a world class team.... And individual stats do mean a lot and its really not about " doing your homework " And believe me if Ronaldo were in Barca.... His career would probably be a lot better why because Barca has something that Real hasn't had in a long time.... Chemistry
Denmark played very good    I hope they win this euro tournament
Portugal13 (FC Porto) 3 years ago
Don't worry people us portuguese are used to this bullshit they will make the euro. My line up. Rui patricio. Jose bosingua.... Fabio coentrao.... Pepe.... Ricardo carvalho.... Moutinho.... Carlos martins.... Quaresma my favorite.... Nani.... Cr7.... Hugo almeida.... That's all we need.... Playoff lol not worry at all
Simba25 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Good free kick, Portugal's finishing was abysmal. Well done Denmark!
Portugal13 (FC Porto) 3 years ago
Belive it or not he is better then messi.... Just imagine if ronaldo played for baecelona with xavi and iniesta I think he would score over 60 goals per year easy just because of the team but he is in real and is good for 50 lol still good. Love the way both play but s**t I'm portuguese.... And it dosnt take a genius to know that messi is surrounded by mini spain lol they are both sick but cr7 goals are just from fifa 12
Osama14 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Denmark raped!    
Lfcfever22 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Bendtner looked good. Why are there so many people flaming on Portugal saying they are a bad team? The are a stacked team. I'm not saying Ronaldo is the best player in the world but he is constantly being regarded as such by a lot of critics. And IMO I feel like Nani has really stepped up his game in the last year and could possibly be touted as one of the premier players in the world. Not to mention a few of the other players they have. They will qualify in the playoff I have no doubt about that...
Yeskendirbiss (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Why are you so concerned with the best player? There is no optimal criteria for estimating this parameter. I thought CR7 has its unique characteristics as Messi as well. I don't understand this comparative discussions.

It is everything depends on system of teams.... Messi best suits for BArca system. And CR7 should work more in order to suit Real Madrid's system or Mournio should change the system in order to CR7 would play more comfortable. But it is not fast process.

See Argentina who lose the game to Venezuela.... CR7 and Messi are both only individuals with strong skills. But the game is won by team.

God bless the sport!
Starcr9 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Hey obama how is the united states doing? Right your in debt so don't talk about futball. Really portugal suck defensivly without pepe and countroa. Once we get them back well beat chzeck republic and carvalho walked out on us like a little baby
Elbalonball (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
If the US is in debt that means your country is worse unless you live in China LMAO!
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
The US has around $130, 000 debt per tax-payer, debt-to-GDP ratio, 99%! So that means your country is better unless you live in Lebanon. Which he does! Lololo

Ps. When did Obama talk about football anyway?
I'm canadian.    But that's not excuse for you being an idiot.
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Why is it that nobody can watch a Portugal, Argentina, Madrid, or Barcelona match without bringing up the age old "C. Ronaldo vs Messi" debate? It's really kind of annoying
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
'kind of annoying' is a massive understatement
You're right man. Nobody disagrees.

It's just a hypothetical discussion because it's amazing to see such talent. I think the cliche comparison is because these guys are so amazing that it becomes easy to turn passionate. It's not everyday that we get players like this. It's fun to compare.

Like ronaldo, ronaldinho, totti, del piero, maradonna, zidane, and the rest.

God bless the sport!
Starcr9 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I mean you can tell Portugal were gonna' lose when Rolando started the game
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Someone delete this. Double posted on accident
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Denmark played fantastically. Eriksen and Bendtner tearing it up. Good goal by Ronaldo. Good saves by Portugal GK. Could have been 4-1
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
As much as I hate ronaldo, that goal was amazing, but doesn't stop him from being a c**k...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football