Forums / Denmark
Order: Newest / Oldest
Denmark V Portugal, Oct 11
LWL91 (Juventus) 2 years ago
Eriksen (19), Bendtner (23), Kjaer (22), Bjelland (23), Zimling (26), Kvist (26), S. Be. Poulsen (26). These are the players Morten Olsen picked for the important Portugal match. Youth is competitive against even the best and that makes me very proud of being a young danish footballer!
Albokk (Juventus) 2 years ago
Wow portugal lol
Jogafutebol (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Denmark pressed well and dominated Portugal. They were quicker and more creative. I hate to see Portugal play like this. They are much better than this but the mid-field and defence did not stand a chance.... Denmark deserved it. Hope this can be a wake up call for Portugal
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 2 years ago
It's been a while since he managed to score on a set piece and it's too bad such a magnificent free kick wasn't celebrated as it should normally be.

But congrats are in order for Denmark who played a fantastic game and looked a lot like the team with the superstars
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
People should stop saying that Portugal played poorly. The fact is that Denmark played great. The Portuguese couldn't cope with their breaks and without and proper stopper like Cavalho they couldn't prevent major opportunities.

Denmark will be a dark horse in the tournament. They have some exciting young talent on show that will ensure them a bright future and a promising lookout in this new decade
Malik (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Portugal was lucky, with the no of clear chances for denmark this match could have ended in 4-1 or 5-1, but their finishing was not very good
HowDidThisStart (Chelsea) 2 years ago
At least ronaldo made himself look good.... As usual
Wisso1 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You call diving like a bitch look good? Funny how he's always complaining bout my team.... Hypocritical arrogant insecure little bitch, that's what he made himself look like
HowDidThisStart (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Dude, I was being sarcastic. I meant even tough he's team lost, he still managed to make sure his reputation in the newspapers is intact. He scored and that's all people will care about. Calm down, you'll live longer
Wisso1 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Lol
Balgam (Fenerbahce SK) 2 years ago
Well done to Denmark. They played great. I'm so happy to see scandinavian power back in tournaments. Match of the day
FootyNiko 2 years ago
Portugal did not win because all their attackers tried to hog the ball, no real passes no good one-twos. Look at 1:43 where [C.] Ronaldo could have passed the ball instead of taking the shot, and 2:34 where the ball should have been passed again. Selfish players.

Denmark played like a true team, and once again it goes to show that Individual talents are not as important as true team play...
Olefutebol (FC Tokyo) 2 years ago
I don't know dude.... I don't think it was a matter of players being selfish. They did not create space for themselves and the players off the ball did not make it easy for the player with the ball. If you watched the match in full Nani and Ronaldo were amongst the few who were actually trying to get the passes going. I don't think any one player was that selfish, it was more to do with the team not working together and countless times did they make unforced errors that caused them to lose possession.

Btw at 1:43 Nani was in an offside position and at 2:34 Carlos was in a good position to shoot so I don't blame him. Although he was a bit stretched, he probably could have passed it to Ron but didn't have time to make a good judgement call. Just my opinion but the whole team was slow and wasn't composed. Denmark were simply the better team in every department
Ilovefootball (Bayern München) 2 years ago
That freekick
Spartan (West Ham United) 2 years ago
How do you like Ronaldo's "freak"kick! I missed those for Real TBH! Congrats to Danmark, great game!
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
We were awful, simply horrible. I had a feeling this was coming after we conceded 3 goals against Iceland. The fact is, if it weren't for Rui Patrício's saves, it could of ended with an even bigger margin. I will not blame our coach, but I will blame our whole team, since it's a simple case of lack of attitude, of lack of will. We deserve to go the playoff, and Denmark were.... Great to say the least, taking advantage of our poor display. Solid defending, fast passed passing, it was a really good performance. Congratulations Denmark!

We need to change our attitude and if players aren't mentally fit to represent our national squad, then don't even bother showing up
Thirsgaard (West Ham United) 2 years ago
One of the most exciting games and that I was so unexpected only made it better. Well, not sure I would think the same if I were from Portugal and not Denmark. But nonetheless, it was an amazing display from Denmark and I hope that we'll get back to the level of football that we once had.
Spatenstecher (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
Yeah, Viking Power! Good to see Denmark and Sweden at the Euro 2012. And to watch Portugal losing to Estonia in the Playoffs
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Figo where are you.... : /

Kick4Life - changing lives through football