Forums / Denmark
Order: Newest / Oldest
Denmark V Portugal, Jun 13
Luvdgame (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Come on guys between messi and ronaldo who has scored more goals for his country?
Optical (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Still with this Messi vs Ronaldo? Lol...
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
It's ridiculous actually that people keep insisting on this debate, specially in a forum that has nothing related to it
Octopuss (Arsenal) 2 years ago
This is Euro 2012 and Argentina is not playing in case you didn't notice
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Ronaldo has. What a strange argument from a Barca fan
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Both Ronaldo&Messi have disappointed with their NTS.
Just because ronaldo had bad games doesn't make messi better with argentina.... Did you guys forget about Copa america already?
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
No Messi hasn't disappointed Internationally which you'd know If you had actually ever bothered to watch Argentina play instead of just following the crowd
Maleficent (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Excuse me, what happen in copa america? Argentina lose on penalties. Yeah messi werent that great. But so does his other teammates. He doesn't score that much, but at least he actually carried his whole team. Unlike ronaldo...
RaggaTrip 2 years ago
Carry his whole team? Anyone looked at Argentina's line up recently? Agüero, Higuain, Lavezzi, Di Maria.... Name a few, hardly a need for carrying anyone is there?

DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
WTF are you people talking about with messi carrying argentina? When on earth did that happen? There is a reason why people say he flops for his national team you know?
GlennyBoy messi has never disappointed for argentina? Are you serious? Lol maybe you are the one who needs to start watching some argentina matches.... Especially the ones where they actually play tough teams not an olympic brazilian squad which argentina's top quality first team struggle to beat
Leoshrestha (Barcelona) 2 years ago
@dagaza.... Can you name me one trophy that Ronaldo has won with Portugal even if its a youth worldcup or Olympics? This Argentnian team is by far the worst in decades with the just excellent attackers in the name of Higuain, Di-Maria, Messi and Aguero.... s**t midfield and defence....
Look at this Portugal team.... The attack is average with Ronaldo the only star where as midfield and defence is far more organized compared to Argentina.... Feel sorry for Ronaldo.... He must be kickin himself for such a miss.... Anyway he is a human after all....
I'm not talking about portugal.... Ronaldo aint half the player he is in portugal that he is for madrid.... I'm talking about how I'm reading guys stating that messi carries argentina and how he has never disappointed for in international level LOL.... We both know that aint true....

As unbiased messi and ronaldo fans I'm sure we can both agree that both messi and ronaldo have not done nearly enough to convince anyone that they are great for their countries.... Definitively nothing compared to what they do in madrid and barca week in week out.
Jogafutebol (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
DaGaza speaking the truth there
@Glennboy.... Maybe you're the one that needs to watch some argentina games, how about world cup 2010? .... I'm not saying messi is responsible for his whole team but truth is argentina sucks now days so he couldn't do much either, and from what my argie friends tell me.... They consider messi a fail in both that world cup And Copa america.

@Dagaza.... Yeah man! You are speaking the truth.... Both Messi and Ronaldo has done nothing so especial for their countries.... They need better team-mates just as the ones they have in Barcelona and Madrid...
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
You sir are a good man!
BHAKUNDO (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Denmark and portugal, great game.... Denmark played good but did not have winning spirit as much as Portugal who gave their all to just win even though CR screwing up all the time....

PS: what a mess CR7 was the whole time.... The country is depending on him and when he gets the chance he then just blews it.... Sory for him.... Hope he comes back even though I don't like him but respect him as a great striker....
Optical (FC Porto) 2 years ago
A good victory for Portugal. Still in the fight for qualifying, securing these 3 points was vital.

I don't really care if Ronaldo squanders 20 chances as long as someone else scores and grants us the victory. Hopefully he will come back stronger. Football is a collective sport and every player matters in the pitch, we just have to hope that some of them can make the difference when others are underperforming.

Bendtner showed once more his aerial prowess and proved how dangerous he is. Nevertheless, I believe this was a fair win, although we have suffered until the very end of the match.
Huge win! Our attitude was far better from start to finish than in the previous match. Of course Denmark had their chances, but I believe we were better, we created more chances, our passing improved, we took more risks.... This is the right way to go! Defensively we couldn't handle Bendtner once again, although Pepe was one of the best on the pitch. He showed quality in the first match, despite the loss, but today was really sharp and focused. Alongside Nani (he helped so much J. Pereira defensively), they were our best players.

Now let's hope we can beat the Netherlands!
I think Portugal was average today, shut down after scoring 2nd goal, Denmark on the other hand was great imo. Portugal 2nd goal force them to attack.... The cross was perfect, header assist were brilliant (not to take credit from Portugal's goals which was also brilliant).

There were a few chances, but premium.... Portugal's overall were great minus the horrible finishing from Ronaldo, which should have been goals, even hattrick for him.... Nani on the other hand could have done better other than crying for foul every challenge (maybe because of me being biased ), he should learn to be stronger on feet...
Btw I also think Nani were abit selfish, its dragging the team down (slowing/interrupted team flow) there were few occasion where he should have pass the ball long time, but instead he dribble in front his own teammate and stood there waiting for teammate to move away.... Did you notice that?
You are being just a bit biased ! Despite his complaining, you will certainly recognise that Nani played pretty and his actions defensively were the main reason why Denmark's attacks were far more effective on their right side, were [C.] Ronaldo didn't play his part defensively.

Portugal being average.... Inconsistent probably.... We fell asleep after our second goal, no doubt. But to consider Denmark brilliant.... A well organized team, but far from performing as well as they did against us in the Euro qualification round(specially in Copenhagen). Although I have to praise Lars Jacobsen and Bendtner, as well as Kvist who was pretty solid in the midfield.

But, I think we deserved it!
True, he slowed play a couple of times. Still, I maintain that he had a great match
Hehe for me I think he had good game, better than Ronaldo, he had an assist, almost 2 but postiga missed header.

But still if Nani's stronger he could've been great might even better than his captain as a player (maybe in few years time), but instead of taking in the challenges and using his skill to dribble pass the def, he fell >_>

I think Denmark was choosing to attack right flank not because of Ronaldo's def but because they had best (maybe not the best, but good player) & fastest player in the team, Rommedahl.

Logically you wouldn't want to head2head with Ronaldo because he not brilliant in defending, nevertheless he's one of the best in the world.

If u're Denmark coach, Rommedahl+C. Ro = go-right tactic. Don't you think so?
Off topic, I now know why Bendtner can't thrive for Arsenal.... Can only play with his head.... Literally hahaha his brace are both headers lol

Maybe his style needs a go-flank-n-cross type of team, Arsenal not that team maybe
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Denmark vs. Portugal
2012: 2 - 3
2011: 2 - 1
2010: 1 - 3
2009: 1 - 1
2008: 3 - 2

Such a randomly wicked matchup Denmark v Portugal
Nani was fantastic.... Such a great game!

I hope portugal make it out of the group.... They have all the tools to be a killer team!
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Man i'd never expect ronaldo to have missed those 2 chances especially the 2nd with the nice pass from nani. Ronaldo also looks like he's lost a bit of pace or his acceleration is quite slower. That first shot where he had space was a bit like vs bayern in champions league, right at the keeper. I'm starting to think Nanis gonna' be one of those players maybe better with age and ronaldo worse with age.

BTW Bendtners 1st goal I loved the play for that goal. Hope Denmark go through I like seeing underdogs go far
AceManDoC7 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Really, you idiots are going to start this again, I remember when he scored 41 goals in 07-08 season and everyone said that was his peak, a few years later and he destroyed spanish league records, this man won't hit peak till he's 30. BTW bendtners 1st goal looked like it was from my sunday league, defending was nonexistent
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
How can some people say Ronaldo is better than Messi when he gets outclassed by Bendtner? Ronaldo should focus more on gameplay and not hairspray
LOL.... I wonder how many days go by before that saying spreads
Messi's got talent and skill  Ronaldo's got talent, skill and Swag!    Winner on hairspray Bias: Ronaldo!    Hahaha jokes!
IamRobben (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Ronaldo has SWAG, then Messy has class. SWAG is for little boys
I bet you made that saying up all by yourself buddy, lmao so unoriginal
I think its time for people to realize that best player is created when playing for the best team with best team-mates.... Its obvious to say now Ronaldo needs Ozil, Di-Maria, Benzema to score more same as people say that Messi needs Xavi and Iniesta....
Even Portugal has a better team collaboration than Argetina....
Ronaldo is feeling too much burden to put that jersey of Portugal.... No assists no goals....
Tomikato (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Stop it already with the 'who is the best player' crap
Lilhomz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Portugal better team than argentina? You must be on drugs
Lol messi fanboys are soooo embarrassing my God.    Portugal is like the European version of argentina.... Aka Both are Average.
Janeaire84 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Can't believe people are still supporting Ronaldo after watching him done such a miserable accuracy~ I remember when messi was left out with similar outcome from 2010 WC and Ronaldo fans diss'd so much like this~~~~ you know what? This is what you get for that
@Tomikato.... I didn't argue who is the best about? I said every best player needs a best team-mates to shine...
@Lilhomz.... Portugal has very good midfielders and defenders who plays for big club in Europe and if you have recently seen Argentina's midfield and defence, you sud know about it.... Otherwise you don't know s**t about football teams...
LOL! Ronaldo fan bitches are such a cry babies...
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
God, that pisses me off. Doesn't matter who you are, who you play for, if you're missing chances like that, you've got problems. Especially since you're the team captain. Messi has found his form for Argentina, now it's just Ronaldo who doesn't have it. Even Bendtner can score, and when you get your butt saved by bench player in the 87th minute, you KNOW you got problems.

I remember when people said that Netherlands and Germany will go on easily. Look at it now, Germany on top, yes, but Denmark, now with a loss, is playing a very in form German team, though it probably will be a slightly weaker side, with the resting of key players and what not. As for Portugal, the will beat a Netherlands team with low morale 2-1. Denmark will draw 1-1 with Germany and Germany and Portugal will go on
Shrap man! If you think football is so easy why don't you go play urself! Idiot! Nobody is perfect and people miss chances, no striker has a 100 percent conversion rate!
I don't think holland will wanna go out of euros without a single point!.... BTW Varelas goal was a fluke he just hit that as quick as possible 'cause he missed the first shot!.... But Ronaldo was criminal man he is a lucky guy. I wonder how many yellows or reds will be when portugal play the dutch this time lool
Footycray (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Reddevil278 - Just because he had a bad game you claim he has "got problems" - aren't you the best judge in the world? Quit trolling...
Lol I honestly never seen ronaldo miss chances like those.... Not for madrid, united or portugal.... So we can all consider he had bad "finishing" today.... But to say he got problems is something else.... When portugal does well, when ronaldo, moutinho, pepe, coentrao, nani, etc etc do well.... When portugal does badly the entire team does badly.... I never seen a portugal match where the whole team did well and CR7 did badly.... Even today portugal did well and so did ronaldo.... His performance was great but his finishing is what caught the headlines today.... Collectively the players are inconsistent so portugal itself is inconsistent
@AdnanBosnia is just mad because portugal destroyed his team to make the euros try scoring that goal buddy, that's no fluke
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Looool I was reading the first post, couldn't help but to notice how idiotic it was, then I looked at the writer name, oh he is Man UTD fan, sigh tht explains alot!
That pepe header is what our colleagues at the airforce call 'fire and forget'! Similar to when you've locked on a heat seeking missile to a target, you fire it and forget about errything else!.... Oh it can run but it can't hide!

More like Nod and forget! Hehe
DrJordz (Arsenal) 2 years ago
How did Ronny miss that chance in 2nd half? Looks like he and Bendtner switched characteristics for 90min like that move 'The Change-up'
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The Face/Off movie
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
They posses each other
Wildman17 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Although I don't support portugal I hope they go through, they always play with lots of heart and character!
Janeaire84 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Who doesn't?
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^ England?
Messiesta (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Seriously am getting sick and tired of this Messi vs Ronaldo debate, who the fcuk cares just enjoy the Euros
NeymarJr (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Thank you
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^ Messi vs Neymar debate maybe? Lol j/k

Kick4Life - changing lives through football