Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea, Dec 22
Guidas (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Both teams got lucky. Ramires had 3 easy chances and and then terry saved our ass at the end. Good game
Imnotu (Manchester United) 3 years ago
After Spurs' bright start, I think they waned of after the goal. Evenly contested match, deserved to be honours even
Biggs50 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
We need to stop Man_city
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Don't see that happening anytime soon. Squad too deep to even worry about injuries
Wilsno (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Teams should step up their games. We should never rely on injury to beat a top team, because they have quality in depth. It's improbable but not impossible
Champs (Arsenal) 3 years ago
The best performance, I've seen from Chelsea this season. In Sturridge they have a player with the potential of becoming world class which bodes well for England. I've always admired such players and reckon him and Johnson should start more often for the national team. As an Arsenal fan I am obviously pleased with the draw
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I agree about Sturridge, but Walker is much better than Johnson!
Yeh I meant Adam Johnson of Man City, but I do agree Walker is better than Glen Johnson
LusoAmerican (FC Porto) 3 years ago
Great game I can't believe that ramires missed all those opportunities in the second half and adebayor is a beast. Great player I don't know why man city doesn't want him. I hear it was cause he's a trouble maker not shower if those roomers are true
Skee87 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Then how about batoletti?  
Safouane (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
What a clearance by terry, absolutely fantastic
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
A draw is a fair result, we got a bit done over by the ref for our dissalowed goal and the handball in their goal, but they were the better team 2nd half
Wilsno (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Gallas was the offside player, not Adebayor. Gallas touched it on to Adebayor hence it is offside.... But that was a hand ball by Ashley Cole
MrLillyWhite (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Gallas wasnt offside he was level
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Great game!
Jegax3 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Where is Torres? He needs games. African Cup coming up, Drogba ain't gonna' be around. Terrific clearance by Terry, making up for that slip against Arsenal eh?
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
THIS is what you call a derby match!
R34lmadrid (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Nice play by both sides
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I voted both teams awesome
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Both awesome but terry was beyond awesome.... Without terry chelsea surely would have lost
Kean0 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Amazing how racist and aggresive out of hatred players get so much praise from media and supporters. So to be a hero, be racist to a black player and/or do a goal line clearance in the last few minutes (which is almost a bloody weekly thing for God's sake). OH MY GOD, HE cleared IT OFF THE LINE - lol

Okay it was vital but get a grip on your balls media circus.

Anyway, I watched the whole match live and loved every minute. Super game, fair result, could have gone either way
To an extenet I agree that if as you stated it proves to be the case that Terry did use racist language on the football pitch then as far as I'm concerned his image as a footballer and a person is completely tarnished. I find it rather hypocritical that the barrage of abuse that is levelled at Suarez for his supposed racist behaviour, which may I add is justified, is not replicated towards Terry. However both are innocent until proven guilty. Nonetheless we need to convey a strong and uncomprimising message that racism is intolerable and must be eradicated from the game and if that means implementing the harshest penalty available then so be it even if the person in question is admired nationally for his sporting endeavours
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
No excuse to call someone Negro/ "N" word or any other racist name continuosly during a match. It is so disrespectful to say the least, and I don't blame Evra for reporting it to the FA. Whether its acceptable in Suarez's country or not, it is not in England and in most parts of the world. And Suarez should know better. This is 2011 and that type of language should be wiped out
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 3 years ago
British media is very hypocritical. Like you said Suarez got more attention for his alleged act of racism on Evra (yet I'm to see solid proof) but Terry, who clearly said "n****r" (if you can read lips) doesn't get as much attention. It's not fair in the end. It's almost like they've racially profiled Suarez or just have something against Liverpoo. To ban Suarez for 8 matches because of Evra's claims, as much as it irritates to defend a scouse, I didn't think that's being just. Time to see what they'll do to Terry. Let's see if the Foolish Association will be consistent
Samelnino (Liverpool) 3 years ago
^^well said, KeviUnited. I agree with everything you've said.... They've banned Suarez 8 matches on the bloody notion that he used foul language, unlike Terry's incident.
If I were to play the Devil's advocate, I would say how do you convey the message to the world that the "racism" that Suarez might have used is not tolerable at all? I can see the stupid FA's concern here that if they don't punish him somehow, then everyone will think the FA's racist.
The point here is that Suarez is innocent and they haven't proven him to be guilty, and they can't prove him to be guilty. Banning him 8 matches is absurd
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
@KevUnited, I seriously doubt that the FA would issue such harsh punishment if there was no evidence. The ref was there and documented everything that happened in his report.... Suarez admitted he used those words, but said he did not think the words were racist. He said those were words Evra's teammates would call him. Unbelievable this guy. I'm sure if Suarez had shown some sensitivity to the issue and apologized right away.... (and really that is what you would expect someone that truly did not know he was using racist words would do).... It would not have gone this far. To get to where Evra is in his career today, he has probably had to deal with a lot of racism, so for him I'm sure it is an extra sensitive issue. I'm no Man United or Evra fan btw, but I believe taunting someone with racist names throughout a match is just unacceptable. Evra is his opponent, but a human being too and I'm sure the intent was to wind him up during the match. Yes I support Chelsea and to say that John Terry doesn't get that much attention is just false. He has faced far more condemnation over the alleged Anton incident than Suarez.... Talk about public lynching on & off the pitch. The fact is that if JT is proven guilty of racism too, he will be punished
Timai2 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The word Negro is not a racist word in my country. At least where I'm from people rarely use racist words because we're pretty "coloured". Racism is intolerable but I do think that some people are too oversensitive when it comes to colour/race. You can't really say anything without being called a racist. I mean you call someone a fat pig/ fat c*** and it's like whatever but a insert ones race/colour and its a whole different thing. This is just only my opinion because I'm not too perturbed about what people call me
Aerofred2002 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
This game was entertaining, I wish all games were played like this

Kick4Life - changing lives through football