Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea, Apr 15
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Both sides played great and Chelsea absolutely deserved to win. Too bad that 2nd goal kind of messed up a great game
Yellow (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If that second 'goal' was disallowed, Tottenham probably wouldn't have had to bring on Defoe which exposed more of the defence.

You're either 'too old' or just 'experienced' but credit to Chelsea because their big players finished superbly
Too old or experienced? Me?

Yes, the Tottenham defence opened up more because they went all out looking for a goal after the 2nd goal. But these things happen in football. You have to put it behind you and keep fighting
No. Too old or experienced regarding the Chelsea players who've received criticism saying their time is gone but the Chelsea old guard proved them wrong, once again
Biggs50 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
MATA GOAL WAS A GOAL    Https://twitter.Com/#!/PwnC0cktaiL/status/191618026766991361/photo/1
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Right on mate!
Elgran (Barcelona) 2 years ago
It was also a foul by Terry beforehand...
Manipulation?! Wow! So they "copied" the ball outside the net and "pasted" it inside the goal with photoshop?! Lol wow u're so dumb!  
In reality, when Assou-Ekotto's foot landed, it was inside the field of play. That picture was clearly manipulated to push the entire frame a few inches inside the goal.

Good work with graphic manipulation though. 10/10 for effort
Soccerjam: Unlike you I can actually see things. Check the video. In the frame posted here, AE's legs are in the air and the way they're positioned, his heel will fall behind the goal line when his feet land on the ground. In the actual "video" AE's heel/foot lands in the field of play which is a good few inches in front of the goal line. From you stupid comment above feeling sorry for Tottenham, you seem like not just a blind homer, but also a retard
Jkiller (Atltico Nacional) 2 years ago
Wrong, every video shown always paused right after assou touch the ball, every time I saw the replay they paused it after(maybe they don't have the technology to go back frame by frame). The ball did go in. Now terry taking down 3 guys at once might of been a foul(but damn that was awesome)
I just noticed, check Modric's head against Walker's crotch. There's a white silhouette around his head. Also check Walker's right leg. Nice black mark above his knee.

Hahahaha

Soccerjam: Its time you throw away that crack pipe and started contributing to the society! Ha!
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
^ I agree with this man he's right. It's pretty convincing photo alteration but.... If you look at the replay it's not like that
Czdaus (Chelsea) 2 years ago
From the replays I personally think it wasn't a goal by have a look at ledley king's head.... It is spot on to the ball
I mean king's eye were fixated on the ball.... Can any1 explain how someone can alter that as well? ...
Was the video frame move forward?
^ LOL Are you serious? This is like that game: Spot the difference.

The crop involves everybody except Walker and maybe Mata. There is little green patch of grass on Walker's right thigh right around Modric's neck. The goal line is also much brighter under Walker's leg but the give away is Modric's head on Walker's crotch
Blazzedlord (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Man I know a barca fan isn't talking about contreversal decisions
Tikitakafcb (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Who ever no 6 is (Chelsea) is playing football without his legs. John Terry took 3 guys with him with that close line may be he can join the WWE after he retires
Omg lol "franky4uck u" or whatver your retarded screen name is, why are you all up in Chelsea's bizness? Just say you want to be a Chelsea fan instead of hating so much hahaha please go back to your un-competitive La Liga and cheer for your Barcelona! U're obviously a glory hunter!

Thanks
Chelsea lover
Blazzedlord: After yesterday and a bunch of recent controversial decisions going Chelsea's way including offside goals and handballs not given, you guys need to stop whining. Everybody gets good and bad decisions. The martyr charade is over
Soccerjam: Does it feel terrible to proved stupid by me? Haha Nice work with franky4uck. Your sense of humor is pretty mature. How old are you? 12? Why don't you go count your newly sprouted pubes instead of showing your imbecility out here. Uncompetitive La liga's 7th place team dispatched EPL league leaders "easily" and we all remember what the best team in La Liga did to EPL winners last year. Fans like you give teams a bad name. Now go to bed before your mom puts you in timeout!
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
The result seemed a bit harsh in the end, after all Tottenham did play well, mainly in the first half
I feel so soory for spurs, they're neither gonna' qualify for the [C.] L nor win any cup this season! So much for title contenders.... Contenders my @ss! More like pretenders! Barcelona here we come!
'We are title contenders. ' *months later*
'We will finish 3rd' *weeks later*
'We will finish above Arsenal' *days later*
'We just want Champions League football'
Hey buddy, Chelsea is in 6th place right now in the league. You still have Barcelona and Madrid/Bayern to beat to win the UCL and qualify for the champions league next year. You also have to beat Liverpool to win the FA cup. You could lose all of these games and end up without a trophy AND behind Tottenham in the EPL. If I was you, I'd just keep my fingers crossed
KingBasS (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well said, we still have to play barca, arsenal, barca, newcastle and liverpool twice, our fingers are crossed and if all goes well we can end up with silverware and champions league qualification, no matter what Di Matteo has done well turning our season around and we've been playing with plenty of heart
Jiffymanutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Credit to Di Matteo. He's done a pretty good job.... Too bad money bags hadn't seen that earlier. Could've saved himself 14m (was it?)
Mathen (Chelsea) 2 years ago
LOL Yellow you're funny!  How is it for Arsenal?  *We will go out from all competitions as soon as we can every season*?
Lol all that matters at this point is, we're in the game, and spurs and the other english teams are spectators who will be vouching for us wheather they like it or not. And why I feel sorry for spurs is that they started so well and Chelsea didn't! Now look whose in the FA Cup finals and still in the [C.] L! Funny how life turns out isn't it!?!
KingBasS (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Exciting GAME, WHAT A belter FROM drogba! 2nd goal shudn't have been allowed but none the less MATA played brilliant and Chelsea deserved the win FA cup Final here we come [C.] F. See
Xhaikh (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Who has voted rubbish to Chelsea? Jealous Blind f****n Freak!
Yavihah (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Franky4fingers voted rubbished
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This was a beautiful game at Wembley for Chelsea! The goals were beautiful, the result was amazing! Drogba started it off with a brilliant spin and smash, fantastic! Then Mata's proposed goal was probably not in and bad but it didn't matter at end, they still need instant video review soon. But Ramires scored a great chip goal, and then Lampard had a brilliant free kick was great from distance and loved it, and malouda finished off for 5 goals! What a game, would have being amazing to be there at beautiful wembley as a chelsea fan, Drogba's and Lampards were both goals of week nominees, I'm going with Drogba's just how that ball was smashed, and lampards was just as good though. Tough game for Spurs but I'm happy, atleast there fans got to celebrate one goal, anyways I'm pumped for Chelsea to play liverpool in final!
Juliankershi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If only there existed some technology that allowed us to record from directly above the net, giving clear, frame-by-frame footage of whether or not the ball fully crossed the line. That way officials could have had it reviewed immediately after the whistle blew without disrupting the flow of the game and there would be no debate!

If only...
Jiffymanutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Y'know, there's a camera in hockey that's built into the net for exactly this purpose. I don't see how a net that's probably three times the size couldn't house a few cameras.... At least ONE camera. Just saying...
Skim172 (New York) 2 years ago
They do have cameras in the net. Or at least, on the ground right behind the net. They have camera angles from inside the goal is what I'm saying.

I've seen camera angles from the top corners of the net, too, but I'm not sure they're standard
You don't need cameras. They are testing Goal line technology. It consists of sensors along the plane of the goal. Its similar to what you have at parking entrances except that it tracks the entire space inside the goal within the boundaries of the net. When the ball "volume" enters the volume being monitored by the sensors inside the net, it considers it a goal.

[account-removed] 2 years ago
A gopro hd

Would fit into the goal with ease.
Slb11kp7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
This goal-line technology is taking way too long to be implemented. We should at least use the cameras as was suggested until this technology is finalized and hopefully put into place
Skim172 (New York) 2 years ago
Wow, Mata's goal wasn't even close, was it. Like, I'm not sure any part of the ball even touched the line. Kinda looked like Terry effectively blocked any chance that the ball might've gone in.

Still, in the end, like it matters. You can't keep out four legit goals, then complaining about one is kind of petty
Biggs50 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Https://twitter.Com/#!/PwnC0cktaiL/status/191618026766991361/photo/1
Ch3ls3a (Chelsea) 2 years ago
^ and how do you know its manipulated?
Scroll down and read why
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Lol even if that pic is manipulated, the ball has to go entirely past the line which is didn't
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm thinking what goal to vote for drogba's or lampards, , , , , , , , , , , dammit
Lampards, but I think there was a slight touch on a tottenham player?
Slb11kp7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
I voted drogba's. Great turn and shot! Lampard's was nice as well but I think it may have been deflected by the tottenham player
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ye me to!  
Baguera (Chelsea) 2 years ago
And this is why we need the video, again and again for the fouls and the hawk-eye technology for the goal line.
Link: www.topendsports.com/resources/technology.htm...
But these old fools such as Platini and Blatter aka the corrupted pigs, unfortunately we are never going too see this kind of technology.
Anyways great performance of Chelsea, and I believe that we can make it in the top four
Matrixx (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Spurs only scored their goal because the wrong decision fired them up. Other than that, Chelsea were the better team overall!
Trob757 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Did you even watch the game? Spurs dominated the first half and Drogbas goal was completely against the run of play. Spurs had a chance go off the line as well as a chance go off the post. Chelsea was absent and lucky the first half. Then when the second half started they got a ghost goal
Chelsea only scored because the wrong decision fired them up?  What a terribly dumb thing to say
AKeegs19 (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Neither team was dominant in the 1st half
Matrixx (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Spurs dominated 1st half, but football is all about scoring/winning!. @Fifaman1017, go learn basic English before you comment, re-read my post and your reply, you will get what I mean
Hill (Arsenal) 2 years ago
There are a lot of pics out there floating around that seem to show Mata's goal being a goal. I would love to see one from a good source though
Guidas (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yea there is a pic where the ball is over the line, i'd say it was not a goal by out 1cm
Lihanguk (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Di Matteo is brilliant chelsea dosent need to buy a different coach over the summer. Crushing game by chelsea congrats to all the team & suppoters. Spurs what happend to you guys...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football