Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Great Chelsea Debate!
Kgb112 (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Since our wall has been almost nothing but this topic, and all good posts get pushed back every few hours, I thought it prudent to start this thread.

So, how do you feel? Should we stand by our players no matter what, or are there players that need to be sold and replaced? If yes to the latter, who would you sell and who would you buy as replacements?
Here is a question to get us started:

So, for those of you (Guidas, maybe you can give us some insight since you are well articulated) that think it is not ok for "fans" to call for some members of the squad to be replaced due to perceptions of said players underperforming, I have this question....

What if RDM started to include Turnbull, Chalobah, T. Kane, Ince, and or Bamford. What if one or a few of those players were getting as much playing time as say Torres? And what if they were not performing that well? Would it not be ok to voice the opinion that we should be playing others before them?

I suppose there is a slight difference in that we really only have Stuzza and Torres as CF's. But what if injuries hit us and we really did have to start playing players who just weren't up to snuff? Would it still be considered un-fan-like to complain and suggest that RDM should buy new players and that those players who aren't performing well should be benched or sold?
And for those of you that maintain your argument that it is ok to criticize Chelsea players, even to the point of suggesting they should be sold,

At what point do you cross the line from "fan" to "wannabe coach"? Is it the job of fans to so thoroughly stop supporting a player that you actually call from him to be sold? Is it ok because it just means that you are passionate and care about the well-being/success of the club?
Theo (Chelsea) 1 year ago
You said it perfectly with the last line. I don't even care if Torres is sold actually, I just want a replacement because atm he is not getting the job done and is not helping our cause. I still hope every game he plays that he does well, because that can only mean good results for Chelsea, but I'm still all for a new striker
Phenom (Chelsea) 1 year ago
IMO nothing wrong with wanting to improve the team at all but as long as they wear Chelsea blue show respect
Dawich (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I think we should be able to debate about a players form and possible transfers on the main page!
I never said you couldn't!

I said let's try to keep the conversation here as best we can because it will actually help preserve the discussion and let all of us debate more!

By having it here we can actually access what has been said in the past. On the main page, you make a great post and it is gone in a day. Here, people can talk about it for.... Well.... Pretty much forever.

But yes, doing here also keeps the same 2 topics and the same 2 points from being the only thing ever brought up on the main page.

And I agree with you, the main page is still perfect for bringing up transfer rumors/desires and player analyses!
Dawich (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ok kgb! I respect you and your opinion, therefore, so be it! Lol
Binaya (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ppl playing too much of fifa.... That's all I can say
Viceragen (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Oh the irony of your picture and this thread lol

Listen, when our team does relatively well and still loses consistently because of an obvious weak link, you really can't blame people like myself for calling off with their heads.

You wanna debate? Debate this, Torres MUST go. Take a good look at your picture before replying.

Cheers,
You seem to not know me. I don't think Torres should be our #1. But I can still think that 9/10 comments saying, "So uhh.... Guys.... I had this crazy and revolutionary idea; what if we bench/sell Torres!?!?!?!" is an annoying thing to have to see everyday
Viceragen (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Abramovich has given us the answer, RDM benches Torres.... He gets sacked. What a joke, makes me mad

Kick4Life - changing lives through football