Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Seattle Sounders V Chelsea, Jul 19
Colemorgan426 (Seattle Sounders) 2 years ago
I don't know who's trying to say Sounders were lucky, 2 of Chelsea's goals were massive deflections and Seattle was in control for big parts of the first half plus there was nothing lucky about Seattle's second goal anyways. Super entertaining friendly though
Jporotsky (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Dude the fact is that the chelsea reserves who had never played together before because half the team was new was able to to score four goals against the starting team of the seattle sounders...
Yadler93 (Eintracht Frankfurt) 2 years ago
Besides that Seattle is in the middle of the season while chelsea has not started...
JRaty (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I don't think Cole is arguing that Seattle is a better team, only that in this particular match Seattle wasn't that far away from Chelsea. And this of course is due to the factors you mentioned, be team, pre-season etc
Half of that starting 11 for Chelsea were definitely not reserves. Mceachran, Lukaku and Hilario were it unless you're trying to say Hazard and Marin are going to be reserves next season. After like the 60th minute both teams had almost entirely second string on the field though.

Like JRaty said, obviously I know Chelsea are way better than the Sounders, but I was just saying it's a bit unfair to call Seattle lucky when they were tied with Chelsea for a good portion of the game and actually played pretty well considering it was a near full strength Chelsea side
Billybob27 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Colemorgan426, I am pretty sure Hilario will never a pl game unless Cech is injured same with mceachran
Do you do a lot of reading or is it something new for you?

Second sentence says clearly Hilario and Mceachran are reserves, I was saying that most of that team isn't second string is all like Jporotsky was trying to argue
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
Lukaku should stay at the club rather than go out on loan. I think he's good enough, at least for a back up striker
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
With Drogba and Anelka gone, he really, really, really should stay and play games. He's more than 'good enough', and if Torres gets injured, you'll have no one with a bit of pace and strength who can be a central striker. I really believe Lukaku can fill the gap Drogba and Anelka left, and add some more class to Chelsea's phenomenal attack
Mad93 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Dammit we should start Lukaku at the start of the season.... Torres as backup! Lukaku is a f*****g drogba!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Woah let's not get ahead of ourselves quite just yet
Guidas (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Been waiting to see lukaku score. Seeing him score twice was exciting. 1st half our attack was awesome. Our defence was terrible, althoufh luiz and ivan were great the other 2 were making mistakes, and then with josh giving it to the attacked to score.

2nd half defence was better. KDB was quite impressive. I hope Hazard stays as a left winger than than a CAM though. Would like Mata to keep his spot
I'm Belgian and even I think it would be ridiculous to put Mata on the bench. Best attacking player for Chelsea last year, by some margin.

I hope KdB will get a lot of playing time too though, and Lukaku as well of course. Hazard will probably start all games as lnog as he's fit anyway, and I have no doubt he will be amazing, so it'll be up to Chelsea to see who they will field in the central attacking position. Hazard, KdB, Marin, the new Brazilian kid or the player I'd put there, Juan Mata
As impressive and KDB is, I think he'll be 100% going on loan
HaRdCoReMaN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I saw nothing special on kakuta yet, maybe kakuta is the one who will going on loan
Blues4life1 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I think Hazard's best position is LW. He is more dangerous on the wings than through the middle
Actually he's not. He's a great winger, but like many great players similar to him, he's on his best when fed from all positions, with the freedom to go left, right, or straight through the defence. He's like Messi, but not quite as good (yet).

The only problem is that Mata is like that too, and you just can not leave a player of his class on the bench
Gabzta (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That's why you leave mata in centre and hazard and marian on LW
Gabzta (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I think Di matteo should try swopping Hazard and Marko marin just on LW and have Mata concrete on CM.... RW should mix Lucas, Ramires and Benouyen
Messi911 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree except I would just stick with Ramires on the right
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Don't play ramires as a winger!
Messi911 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Good game filled with plenty of action. Nice to see Hazard playing well and scoring on his debut.

Montero is definitely one of the best players in the MLS
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lukaku should of performed like this in the PL rather then sticking him on the bench for every match
SDCottager13 (Fulham) 2 years ago
He will, for Fulham  
Also, I already have the new home kit. But the new home kit looks awesome!
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I gotta' admit chelsea gonna' be deadly next season. Marin is a speed demon, Hazard is fast and tricky, Mata and torres got good chemistry. Chelsea line up I would like
Cech
Ivan cahil/terry luiz cole
Ramirez mata hazard marin (goal feeders, 3/4 fast as f)

Torres (pace) and lukaku (power)
Lampard/mikel/mireiles/essien -. - bench
RyanDickinson (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Good luck on the counter with no defensive mid's
Silva921 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
He is playing FIFA.
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yeah we will most probably play 4-2-3-1, with at least 1 defensive midfielder such as mikel
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
ROFL benching Lampard and Mikel? Thank goodness you're not managing Chelsea...
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
How come nobody notices lampards greatness?
1- top scorer last season
2- more than 20 goals and 20 assists for more than 5 seasons
3- top professional, match winner and a massive big game player
4- whenever injured or benched chelsea don't win s**t for example when he got injured with ancelotti and benched by villas boas and when returned things were going allot better, so for me he has got to be in the starting 11 he is the silent driving force of chelsea
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lol lampard on the bench? Are you seriously mad bruv?
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
"he is the silent driving force of chelsea"    ^ That
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
More like:    Cech  Ivanovic luiz terry cole  Lampard merieles/mikel  Marin mata hazzard (all interchangeable)  Torres
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Eeuhm please change mereiles for ramires or essien!
Della (Chelsea) 2 years ago
WOOW JUST GET LUKAKU FIT HE IS LIKE DROGBA 2
Sfc9576 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
No kidding, strong as f**k
Futbol4life (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I think chelsea is going to struggle the first couple games of EPL solely based on the fact that they lost a couple major players but once they figure out that they have Lukaku to fill the shoes of Drogba, they should do just fine but you have to remember that they were playing sounders which is MLS and MLS can make almost any team look good
Sean151291 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The only major player I can think of is Drogba possibly kalou and bosingwa but they were hardly major players I don't think the lineup has changed so much that chelsea is going to struggle we just have to hope torres can start playing well now that he is the main striker
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Great to see the Chelsea debuts and young players play here. Hazard and Marin get goal, was nice to see. Lukaku scores two goals that were nice. Very nice to see. I'm very excited for the season to start
NUFCmagpie (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Hazard and Marin's goal were both pretty lucky, that said it was a great game
Mozartriot (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Americans are funny

Kick4Life - changing lives through football