Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United V Chelsea, Sep 18
ChelCordie (Chelsea) 3 years ago
YES torres missed A sitter. Honestly, it happens. He played well this match and scored a very difficult goal to score. This was a game of misses however, Torres being one of many. (Rooney, Ramires, Berbatov) This game is always a thriller, and today didn't disappoint. It was nice to see Lukaku on the pitch today, but this match showed that Chelsea and Man Utd have a bit of work to do because this match wasn't exactly a "classic. " I hope Hernandez heals quickly, as well as Drogba. Can't wait until the next one between these two!
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ye I was wondering where drogba was then I remembered.... He got knocked the F*CK OUT. But ye I hope they both get better asap
Current91 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Torres deserved at least two goals the way he played! Its football though you don't always get what you deserve unfortunately
ManutdLambda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Chelsea was lucky that Rooney wasn't in form...
Cornerback (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'd say ManU were lucky that torres wasn't in form
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Torres played great.... He was in form, he had an unlucky miss. Forlan missed one, Villa, Henry, Ronaldo, Giuly, etc.... It happens to literally the best of them!
Really? When's the last time you remember him being in form? Ever in 2011?

Oh wait.... Didn't you hear the commentators and the fans.... THIS game is torres being in form....

Torres in form = 1 goal

Rooney in form = 2-3 goals
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
He played well and against Leverkusen as well
Meggs (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Haha did you watch the match?

He is starting to get his form back, big difference between that and being in form.

If he was in form then he would have put away more of his many chances/not missed a sitter
He is certainly not in form otherwise it would have been torres = 2 goals atleast.  I am not saying ronney is not a great player.
Mastershake912 (AS Roma) 3 years ago
I think its uniteds year. Maybe a treble for them. Certainly the premiership and I think champions
Mastershake912 (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Incredible finish from torres
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
I'm gonna' say it - should've been a draw today. Things are going really well for us atm but Chica-Rooney just didn't cut it for some reason - Berba should've been introduced much earlier. When he came on, he gave our possession some class and control, and injected it with some much-needed creativity.

Ando also was disappointing, given his excellent start to the season. Fletcher was good but he's a holding midfielder not a box-to-boxer, but he ended-up being our most confident presence going forward in the centre, hence we looked vulnerable in the middle of the park. Chelsea broke quickly and looked more incisive in their attack.

I think today was about individual performances, and while Nani deserves all the plaudits he gets, I think Jones and particularly Evans deserve big shouts also. Great games from them. Also, from Chelsea, Ramires was massive. He was a thorn in our side in every third of the pitch. I think he and Mata played a sincere role in Torres' semi-revival, though credit to the man himself of course
I thought Ashley Young was pretty superb on the left side. He should of been more aggressive and try some of those mid range shots outside the box like the ones he made against Arsenal
Lolz.... Chelsea has better defence then arsenal
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Arsenal has a defence?!?!
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It seems to me as if the media just hates and despises de gea now that he is beginning to find success at Man United. He made so many saves this game and his save against ramires was absolutely wonderful, and still only a 6? A goalkeeper gets a 6 when he makes a decent save or two and for the most part has got nothing to do
ManUtdTILLIDIE (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Haters gon hate, haters gon hate
I don't understand how people vote ManU as Awesome and Chelsea as Rubbish? Both played same, both have chances, ManU just happened to have 2 lucky goals (offsides?) more then Chelsea, and it was ManU home.
A win is a win in the end, but I think any team would have won. I think that the level of performance that ManU showed against Arsenal and others wasn't there anymore, or that may be down to opponents inability to defend. Chelsea seems to be an equal opponent and can give them hard time during the course of 33 games. I think its not going to be easy for ManU, as some of there fans suggest, but any one from Chelsea, ManU, ManC can win the league. But still 33 games is a long time and alot can change.
Remember the stats told, in 85 season ManU started with 10 straight wins but cannot win the title in the end (correct me if I am wrong).

And its sad to see that happen to Torres. He is a great player, and just when we thought that he has taken a step forward with that goal, he took 5 steps back with that miss. Just sad to watch
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Mate this is footyube. s**t happens
I think most of the time, people just watch the score at the side and automatically click the winner as awesome and the loser as "rubbish"
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Most of the people didn't see the match and just vote because it's a big game. It sucks, because both teams were probably Great
Because Chelsea just lost to Untied for the 4th time, consecutivley, this year....

Any team that looses to the same oppnent for that many times in a year should be voted rubbish automatically.... It's like.... Are you guys even in the same league? Are you at least going to try something different.... And get a tie?
This is not about the past, if you want to drag it in then chelsea has a positive head-to-head start against ManU.
Its about the current game, and they both played well
Hey cornerback shut up I wdnt be talking if I was an arsenal fan your team are 17th and we trashed you guy 8-2 and you guys helped blackburn beat you guys 4-3 just like in the carling cup final whr sczny and koscielny gifted the ball 2 martins so shut up and focus on your losing team!Leave United alone because they play like champions and will win the title with ease we have already beaten top sides like city 3-2, spurs3-0, arsenal 8-2, bolton5-0 with a young squad so just shut up
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 3 years ago
It happens. Some people are just too biased to admit the opposing team did well
Well.... You are on footytube.... And there's a good amount of United fans here....

Btw.... Cornerback.... Your absolutely right, we shouldnt be stuck in the past.... And games have been won and lost between Chelsea and United.... But when you see a 4 game loosing streak within a time period of 6 months.... That's alarming for any kind of professional sports team....
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.... Being an Arsenal fan....
@Cjaystackz: I am sure you understand that people come here not to support their teams but also to talk about other matches as well. I think a better place for such comments is yahoo eurosport. You can find plenty of comments like yours' there
The1boss (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Torres broke my hart today!
Mikesta (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Even though I don't like torres. I couldn't help but feel bad for him
Nani's goal was brilliant!
Trotskyboy99 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
As a Chelsea fan, it's pretty obvious that you cannot go to a place like Old Trafford and miss chances like we've missed and expect to win 3 points. Simple.

Overall though, I thought we played really, really well and we were as good as United. United had 2 dodgy offside goals (we've been on the receiving end of those in the past, so what goes around comes around). And Torres scored a great goal.

We won't be that unlucky again I reckon. I just don't see us missing goals like that again, and on another day, with the chances we had, we could've walked that match by 5 goals.

Overall very pleased by a really promising performance. Lets not let Torres' miss overshadow what was a great show by him and the rest of the Chelsea side
Illuminaudio (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Man I feel bad for torres. I want him to be good again
Trotskyboy99 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Apart from that miss, he really was brilliant mate
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 3 years ago
Either team could have won this.... Missed penalty, two great goals, missed chances. Great match
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 3 years ago
Atmospehere was unbelievable
Roman8915 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lol @ the Arsenal fans )
To be fair, yeah that 2 goals of nani and smalling were suspicions of offside. It was a great game nonetheless apart from that. Could have been 6-5 or 5-5 for all we knew.

Entertaining game and well done both teams. AVB's Chelsea looks better attacking wise but poor finishing. They will improve for sure.

What can I say about United, simply brilliant. Another masterpiece of selection by Sir Alex with surprising Fletcher inclusion. Fletcher blend in good with this team as a holding midfielder.

Would love to see more of Berbatov, I feel sorry for him.

Phil Jones! What a signing! Hats Up!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football