Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool V Chelsea, May 5
KalanaSam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Proper Highlights please!
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Along with all the other Liverpool fans here, I would also like to add my congratulations to Chelsea. You were the better team in the end, you pushed Liverpool consistently for the better part of the match, and the goals you scored were well taken. Ramires owned Enrique convincingly and has a lot of pace on him, and Drogba did the job just as well, Reina had no chance against that one, especially when the shot was a nutmeg on Skrtel as well. The FA Cup is rightly yours, you deserve it.

I hate to say it, but Liverpool for the first half were downright frustrating and awful. Jay Spearing does not deserve a place in the Starting XI after his performance in this game, he was by far the worst player on the field today - he was clearly responsible for both goals today. Henderson wasn't much better either, he looked very nervy and conservative, and had no idea what to do for the better part of the match. Suarez was too isolated, mainly because Liverpool, so frustratingly, even when they were 1-0 down, kept passing it back to the backs, and never challenged Chelsea. Gerrard had to drop back for most of the first half to help the defence. And I couldn't believe that of all players, it was Andy Carroll that made the difference - he's finally starting to get a load of confidence and starting to look like a striker that belongs at Liverpool. Great first goal, really unlucky not to get a second. Let's hope that he builds on this form, especially into next season.

Again, congratulations Chelsea, and good luck in the champions league Final too
Lettyar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Thanks. And good points
Legendguns (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wish we had a game changer like Drogba who can score anywhere, imagine him on the end of all liverpools chances this season. Heard his leaving this summer lol
Danny89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Heard a 34 year old scores more goals than your 35million man
Familesso (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Kenny gotta' GO. This is not a team I wanna be a fan of. NO I will not be a fan for a mid table team that used to be a super power, just because we wanna keep a racist coach in the job
Tomikato (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Congratulations Chelsea. Go win the champions league now
Mr9sky (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great game for Chelsea. Great game for Ramnires and Drogba.  Drogba is a big games gunner.
Wikipedian (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Ramires, definitely in the Best XI in the EPL
Keeeneth (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Really respect the way liverpool fought back with so much determination and grit.... Will always have my respect
Dvq1 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Looking Pool fans backing their team was amazing. One of the best set of fans, Pool and Toon fans
Lingliu (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Arrogant fans I hate them! All they want to see is Liverpool downfall please concerntrate on your own team thank you! Well Chelsea deserved the win but I can't see them beating Bayern Munich, we got nothing to play for now so the last 2 League games are meaningless other than catching Everton for 7th place in the League! Sore loser Liverpool fan here!
Familesso (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Shut the f up.... And I mean it. These are the fans that pull the team down just always positive, regales whatever they just support nothing.... They support nothing
Lingliu (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Erm Familesso I agree with you but you have to look at our season, surely you agree it has been a crap season despite us winning the Carling Cup and getting into Europa League next season?
Legendguns (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Good game chelsea, you guys deserved it. As for liverpool it showed for the millionth time that the midfield is crap. I would say that they should invest fully on the wing and a def mid. We can't just keep on scoring from mistakes we need to create them. This years summer buys can't obviously be worse than last year. Sad day
Farox (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Was there not a second goal for Carroll off a header where cech stopped it but it clearly went in? I though that was a tied but oh well...
Kon91 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The whole of the ball did not cross the whole of the line...
Leftbackk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The view from the camera that was set up to look straight across the goal line was not set up straight on the line. But I don't think it went in anyways....

Kudos to Cech.
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Congrats to chelsea football club for winning their 7th fa cup and 4th fa cup in 6 years. Good luck in champions league. Drogba the man for big occasions
Footballpassion (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Good luck to you in epl.... Beat newcastle and league be with yours.... Go blues...
ABAMYH (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Proper highlights by very enthusiastic arabic comentator (dailymotion)

Lifeguard 2 years ago
Lifeguard 2 years ago
and for some reason the above highlights don't contain the goal-line no goal in the dying minutes...

CHELSEA 2-1 LIVERPOOL FULL MATCH GOALS &... by footy2014
I knew something was going to go wrong when I saw the starting eleven.

Carroll was showing to be on form lately but didn't get to start. That was the biggest mistake in my opinion. I think Dalglish didn't start Carroll because of the loss midweek to Fulham, but his performance in that game means nothing because he didn't have Gerrard or Suarez to support him. Carroll had developed a lot this season being able to give and receive support from his teammates. Why he didn't start? We'll never know....

But besides that I'm more frustrated at the fact that Liverpool made defensive errors. I pride myself in knowing that Liverpool has the best defence in the League. Defence was the only thing that Liverpool were getting right this season but even that was nowhere to be found today. Not to take anything away from Chelsea but lesser skilled players could have scored those goals that Chelsea scored today. Those were routine passes and plays that Chelsea made today.

I never thought Spearing was good enough to play for Liverpool. Henderson is the same mid-level player he was when he came to Liverpool. Downing inexplicably switched sides with Bellamy and started at left and did nothing but give easy crosses. Enrique and Reina are ending the season horribly. Maxi is nowhere to be seen.

I hope Lucas is recovering well because he was just starting to break in to Liverpool's formation before he got injured. I think Liverpool really missed Lucas this season. And I'm really pulling for Coates to become a great center back so Agger can pull out left. Agger has the ability to offer much more support up the field.

Dalglish has all the ingredients. It really is all there. He just has to find that "Liverpool chemistry" amongst the players and everything will go well.

Congrats to Chelsea for turning their season around after surviving AVB's managerial nightmare. And good luck in the Champions league Final. Chelsea are going to need it against Bayern Munich if they play like they played today.

We'll see you at Anfield.
MattOsh24 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I can agree with you when you say that you have the best defence in the league. It brings out the idea that having the best defence puts a team eighth place with 50 points
Having struggled in offense throughout the whole season and having hit the goal post 30+ times, yea eighth isn't so bad. And I like your implication that having the best defence will get you the goals to win games to get the points.

Trust me. Chelsea won't be able to pull off standard plays like that against Bayern Munich. Liverpool were s**t today. Chelsea had it easy
That is what everybody said against Barcelona. Please do not base your opinion on odds and the past.

The reason why Chelsea win is because they play what is in front of them.

Just because Liverpool haven't been doing anything this season doesn't mean you should put others down
Didn't put Chelsea down. These are just hard facts coming from my view of how Liverpool didn't show up today.

Chelsea played an average game today as far as I can tell. I enjoy watching Chelsea play. I'm happy that the team is finally able to work Torres into their play. But you can't take away from the fact that Chelsea beat an uninspired mistakenly chosen Liverpool side
Chelsea beat Liverpool by playing a strong and focused line-up. I have no idea what was going through Dalgalish's mind when he chose that set-up but only he knows the answer.

Liverpool did not show up until the last 30 minutes of the game. That does not mean that Chelsea's play was at a low standard. They played the football they are constantly capable of playing.

Sit back and defend. Counter when ready. As seen in both Barcelona Semi-finals.

How can you say that "lesser skilled players" could pull off these goals? The pass from Mata to Ramires was not "routine" it was extremely-well weighted and time precisely. The finish may have been a bit sloppy but a goal is a goal.

The second goal was beautifully slotted by Lampard into the feed of Drogba. Drogba is one of the few players that is capable of controlling the ball under pressure and to place the shot with real composure on his weaker foot in to the far post.

If Liverpool played in the first half as they did in the second; maybe the outcome would have been different.
Viceragen (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Oh man, losing Ramirez will hurt against Bayern. Let's hope Torres steps it up, we need that champions league spot! - sorry Magpies

Kick4Life - changing lives through football