Sometimes you need a bit of luck
Clepton (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That is all that can be said
SoniqCFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Undeserved win.... But man, I love 3 points
Thias (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lucky mayne, but 3 pts are 3 pts
Simontse1992 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Second time that Torres assists by striking the post. Last time to Lampard, this time to Mata. Why is Torres so unlucky...
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
He deserves goals, he is doing the effort and just not getting quite the luck, love him anyways!
9Fenomeno (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Awwwwe yeah! Drogba to Torres....Love that combo.    Poor Wigan, unlucky on the first. Laser beam from Diame was a laser beam!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Immediately Diame got on, I was like, omg this dude is gonna' try a shot from outside the 18! And 5 mins later, whatya know.... Boom! Laser Beam!

From my understanding of RDM's strategy, he plays just what he needs, it seems after scoring a goal and taking the lead, Chelsea pulls back, it has happend in the last 5 games, but immediately we concede one, we go ballistics and bannanas all guns blazing and get back in the lead. So all you ppl saying Chelsea don't deserve the win, trust me, its tactical gameplay RDM knows what he's doing! So Barcelona, we got our eyes on you!
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I was thinking the same thing too. I believe its his strategy too and don't agree that he is not looking ahead for the next macth as he says. I admire the never die attitude that has come back to the players. I just hope the strategy rdm is using doesn't backfire. It was risky today and I think the substitutions came a bit late. Anyway he's been winning matches so I have to trust in his strategy and tactics. Chelsea is in a very unique position now where every mactch is a must-win. So I guess they are not interested in playing nice just about grinding out a win at all costs
I like the way RDM rubs his fingers and smiles after we scored the second goal, (I watched the whole game) like Mr Burns from The Simpsons he was probly going in his mind "muahaha, I got these suckers right where I wanted em"
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wow! That wasn't even a close offside
Jerkstore (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Typical Chelsea--refs giving them the win and whatnot    I would've liked to see Torres put that one away though
Chelseaarebeast (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Look whos talking
Pfft! Look whoose talking, you barcelona guys play with 12 men on the pitch just so you know! Don't need to tell you who the 12th man is
Jerkstore (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Hey idiots, the adorable emoticon means I was joking
Aachtemichuk (Chelsea) 2 years ago
LOL guys chiiilllll
Mathen (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Franky4fingers - You gave a link for an article written by yourself (A Barca supporter), and you expect it not to be biased LOL? Why would anyone believe that? I'd rather read articles written by professional football analyzers, for example:

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/04/301...

Even without the articles, everyone knows that Barca has been UEFA's pet because it has been so obvious
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
How.... Ironic
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@Mathen You calling Goal.com writter "professional football analyzers" is probabely one of the funniest things I read on this website. LOL
At least better than Franky4fingers. I would trust them any day compared to a guy with somewhat of an obscene name lol
Jiffymanutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Uh.... Yaaa.... Clearly Franky4Fingers has waaaay too much time on his hands. Maybe he's subconsciously over compensating for the guilt he feels from all the calls Barca gets

Proving that other people are divers doesn't prove that your team doesn't dive. Where was the video montage of Busquets' dives?
Mathen/Jiffymanutd:

You two obviously don't understand the meaning of the word bias. Bias is saying, "You gave a link for an article written by yourself (A Barca supporter)" and "Maybe he's subconsciously over compensating for the guilt he feels from all the calls Barca gets".

My article documents some of the times when Barca got hosed. You two have no "logical" argument against it. So your deeply thought out response is - LOL.

In my article I mentioned that Busquets and Sanchez are both divers.

My question for Mathen is: Barca is UEFA's pet. Where is the proof for it? Speaking without proof is the sign of a weakly developed mind
"At least better than Franky4fingers. I would trust them any day compared to a guy with somewhat of an obscene name"

Haha Obscene name. I'm going to avoid telling you where my name comes from since you spend most of your time with your head up your ass
Proof? Read the article I gave you. Also it's so obvious that Platini has always been protecting Barca. Remember Ovrebo? That season Platini said he was hoping teams from the same country do not go to the finals (note that at that point ManUtd has qualified to finals, and Barca was to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge). And now he says Barca and Real Madrid would be a good final. There has been no action taken against Barca players despite the video evidence released by RM after a certain Classico but then Mourinho and his players always get fined/banned. Pepe getting sent off, Thiago Motta (against Inter), Van Persie (against arsenal), ridiculous penalty against Milan.... Sorry I have too many proofs for your sh*t little head
When you manage to empty your head from all the sh*t, you might wanna take a look at these too:

Link: armyofwhite.com/2011/05/03/bizarro-football-uefas-...

Link: armyofwhite.com/2011/04/28/uefas-secret-love-affai...
What a strike by Torres though! Really puts into perspective Van Persie pulling that off twice!
Sante (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I have to be honest, Wigan deserved AT least a draw. In fact I think they should have won. It's not often that I say it, but Chelsea were VERY lucky.

I think Martinez is a top class manager and a top class bloke. Just watch the post-match interview.

Credit to Wigan, I hope they stay up, and credit to Martinez, who for a while now is my favourite manager in the PL.

Regarding Chelsea luck, it has been going the other way for years, and I feel in our last few games we were a bit lucky. But credit to them for getting the 3 points, and a great strike from Torres just when we needed it
Sante (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Also DiMatteo is a great bloke for always staying objective and admitting Chelsea were lucky today!
Pvolpert22 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ahaha ivanovic checked for offsides after his goal twice, it was like he couldn't believe it.

Great strike by torres, he just has very bad luck. Not his fault
Hass (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I was a little bit disappointed with my team performance, but I would rather take 3 points and play badly. I have been reading a lot of criticism of Nando. What you need to consider is that he came to different environment that did not suit him last season and he had injury on top of that. He worked hard for the team and deserve to be appreciated. Maluda performance was under par and I think he is no longer needed in our club, but we should appreciate his commitments and enjoyment he brought us for 3 seasons.... Football is round and every best team can be beaten.... You know what I am talking.... I am not surprised if we win this Champion league.... Chelsea for Life.... Always blue
Reykdal (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Malouda and bosingwa should be offloaded this season. No, must be offloaded this season
Reykdal (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
The player I feed bad for is kalou. He's underrated like pedro. He may not have the physical strength of drogba, or even torres for that matter, but he's a pretty intelligent player, and sometimes that's what football needs, intelligent players
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Thumbs up for drogba AND torres combo
BubblesForever (West Ham United) 2 years ago
No
ChelCordie (Chelsea) 2 years ago
COME ON! I'm tired OF these officials. I'm a Chelsea fan myself, and that was clearly offside! I feel bad for wigan, but every team needs a bit of luck, and if any team hasn't had any luck this season.... Its Chelsea. Speaking of rotten luck, Fernando Torres did it again! A superb volley comes off the post and hits his teammate in the leg for an easy tap in. Feel bad for him too, considering the fact that he has looked so promising in these past few games. If Chelsea play like this vs. Barcelona.... They'll probably not even have to make the flight to Camp Nou. Di Matteo is right when he said Chelsea were lucky, but he was wrong to present such a risky lineup today. I know we have some other games coming up, but I think he could have presented a better starting 11. I really hope Chelsea learn from this match, because even luck won't save us from a team like Barcelona

Kick4Life - changing lives through football