Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V West Bromwich Albion, Aug 20
Chuzz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Despite attempts and possesion second half I think we were somewhat lucky to get the three points
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Haha long 2 games two goals, pretty good stuff and against last year's best two teams!    
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea's midfield is nonexistent we pretty much only have strikers and defenders. So can you really blame torres or drogba without anyone making plays in midfield and feeding them with good balls
McEachran (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Very true. Personally, I think Lampard should be dropped in favor of McEachran. He, for one, can thread a pass
Meshal16 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I don't think Lampard is doing bad at all.... AVB needs to make a clear statement to the team. In terms of who's the man to lead them this season up top. I wouldnt bet on a starting lineup at the moment. Drogba needs to play, that's for sure!
Lamps slowed our play down and didn't even try to take a shot like he normally would. I love Lamps, but we need creativity and he can't really provide it. He's at that point in his career where he can't start every game.

Drogba is awesome, but we can't rely on him forever so I can see why AVB is starting Torres. All Torres needs is someone like Josh or Benny behind him, who can thread a pass
Letsbehonest (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Indeed! I love you to death Frank but we need josh in the mid to provide a quicker pace & more creativity. Afterall, if Drogba doesn't get to start, then Frank you need to do the same every now & then
OmarTheMan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
West Bromwich did really good I just think chelsea had a bit of luck this game because honestly they don't deserve the 3 points
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hahahaha.... What are you smoking? Chelsea deserved this win more than Liverpool with their "lucky" win against Arsenal
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think we can all agree that both liverpool and chelsea deserved the win because they scored more than their opponants...
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Touche Honestabe.  
Mochiclet (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Torres is getting there
JankHooker (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Once he gets there, he'll get hurt. Lol?
I figure we were a bit lucky. Shane Long is like a shittier Chicharito and Alex/Terry can't handle pace too well. Alex is also thinking about Juve already. I say great game WBA, they definitely will not be relegated
Meshal16 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We put enough pressure to deserve 2 goals, they were defending deep at times, well deserved for chelsea, shaky performance however
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Don't think shane long deserves to be in the same sentence as the word "s**t" or any of its derivatives.... He's scored 2 in 2 against last year's top to teams so far.... Just saying...
Blues1only (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Umm 2 good games don't make a player....  
RVN09 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
West Brom were fantastic, and Shane Long's a good bargain for West Brom. 2 goals in 2 games, against United and Chelsea!
He could form a deadly pair with Odemwingie, wow.

Ahh, west brom could have drawn the game in closing stages but Odemwingie's close range half volley was straight at Hilario....
Congrats to Boas first league victory anyway....
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The service to our strikers was non existent. Torres can't do it by himself. Neither can Drogba. Drogba looked lost out there same with Alex at times. Can't wait for Mata to come and maybe Luka. Perk up our attacking and midfield a little bit
Ddil2x (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Agree. I think wingers, Anelka/Malouda/Kalou was getting more service than Drogba/Torres
Yea, AVB should've started Josh
Justinhslee (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Anyone got the full highlights?
Hoomun (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Pito316 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
"Lucky". LOL!
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Doesn't that word sound familiar to you as a united fan? Lucky LOL
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Why are united fans so dumb don't they remember youngs goals last week?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Erm, You werent much better last week, ignorance...
The1boss (Chelsea) 2 years ago
50 pounds for the one that breaks kalou's legs!
Stentorian (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wow flawless english    Was half-expecting another mancini
Fxate (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He studied in the UK and was part of the Chelsea backroom staff with Mourinho
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Really wish Sturridge would play. Anelka always gets random fluke goals. He is s**t. Torres hasn't been good in years
Sturridge is suspended. I agree with you though, he should start over kalou
Ddil2x (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I don't think torres did bad this game. If saw the whole game and torres wasn't getting any service today. Actually whole first half was s**t
Don't bother, he'll hate Torres no matter what
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 2 years ago
@Ddil2x  I watched the whole game and torres lost a lot of possessions.... Bench him and start drogba instead
Villas wants to give young talent a go so why the heck has he still not played Mceachran
Seriously
I think he doesn't want to take a risk of playing him at the start of the season, because if chelsea lost the games, people will blame him and say "why start an inexperience player? "

I'd start playing him when chelsea is in good position 1/3 or 1/4 way of the season
Risk.... We almost lost to Wes Brom bc the midfield wasn't creative enough to dish the ball to Torres or Drogba. So maybe Villas should "take a risk" and start Josh. & trust me it break my heart to say this bc I have much love for frank ~
Tiong (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Everybody was putting blame on Alex for WBA 1st goal. But in my opinion the true culprit was Ramires he passed to ball to Alex putting him under pressure and never recover back the position, too bad Ramires I don like him too many mistakes he made led to goal to opponent AVB sud not start him
The only person in midfield who seems alive is Ramires. He showed pace, strength and played a few good balls down deep
Boooooooooooooo (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yup
Alex could have easily tackled Long as soon as he lost the ball, plus you don't fiddle around when you're under pressure. He should've sent it to row z if he thought he was going to lose it
Cheesenip (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Alex has consistenly been making the SAME kind of mistakes over and over again. All the nutrients that need to go to his brain goes into his bulky ass body. Sure he's strong but his IQ is lower than a tree.

Why is David Luiz not playing?
Luiz is injured cheesenip (he'll be back next week I reckon). Luiz wouldn't be an upgrade anyways, he still makes stupid mistakes
I agree that ramires has bigger responsibility for the goal than alex. But ramires is a good player nonetheless
Tiong (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Alex position is last defender if tackled wrongly easily get a red card so he cannot risk it and Ramires pass was terrible, please watch the replay. But anyway hard fought win by Chelsea well done
Agreed suicide ball from Ramires even though he looks less clumsy this season  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football