Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Benfica Lisbon, Apr 4
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The best thing that can ever happen to chelsea is if everyone writes us off.
We weren't supposed to make it out of the group stage right? We were written off against valencia we thrashed them 3-0 and finished on top of the table. We were dead and gone against Napoli too right? It was a mere impossibility that we would come back from 3-1 right? Wrong. We came back from behind and played by heart and sent napoli packing. Again we were written off against Benfica 'oh they're too old, oh can they keep up with them etc. '
In past years we were 'expected' to win, so maybe that pressure got to us and we didn't do well. Now everyone is expecting us to be destroyed.... Go ahead write US OFF.

When you ain't got nothin' you got nothin to lose! Ktbffh!
Greatwhitezomb (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Anybody who watched the match, should be disappointed in Chelseas performance, they couldn't control the game against a 10 man Benfica side and they got a penalty ta boot. Hope they put up a better fight against Barca, hope the reffing goes fairly too. If I see a another crazy barca chelsea final with a dumbass ref I'm gonna' go Jose Mourihno and call conspiracy again.

Good luck Chelsea, and good luck Torres - man or man. If he scores the winner against barca in the champions league that would be a 50million pound goal in my eyes.

Also what a cracker of a shot by Meireles, did you see the curl on that ball!
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We have insane amount of games to play in very short amount of time. So the players were barely playing to conserve energy. That being said we had 3-4 chances to score. Ramires one being notable
Guleybaz (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You wish.... We are ready to rip both Chelsea adn Real....  .... I have no disrespect for Chelsea
Dean47 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Although Chelsea isn't playing their best football at the moment, it is their heart that wil put them up to the task against Barcelona
ThePunisher985 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
No, it's the wallet of Abramovich
Aatir (Chelsea) 2 years ago
As if Barca bought its players from yard sale and they are bonded labours for the club!
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
We make our players, like the best player in the world?  Where did chelsea's best player come from? Oh yeah valencia
SoniqCFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ohh so you are saying you made messi.... !?
I don't believe this.... That player is god-gicen talent.... You just paid for his medicines.... That's all
When he arrived at barca he was 14. Nough said
2 years ago
You say messi was this good at 14 years old?
Bynge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Would love to see Chelsea beat Barcelona
Crayon (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wow meireles!So daring to shoot at such a time with scoreline 1-1!Damn!
Stawrogin 2 years ago
I will go for chelsea in the next round but their game must improve highly if they want to reach the finals. They weren't aggressive or passionate, just quite lucky that night. Benfica surprised me, played really well, nice combinations but they just didn't finish well. And all these cards, and why taking out cardozo that early, and with 10 men. Chelsea was very lucky...
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
First of all, Benfica fans should be proud of their team. Even with ten men, they were able to create chances and cause all sorts of trouble to Chelsea. On the other hand, I felt a bit of lack of attitude from some of the Chelsea players. I expected Chelsea to give Benfica the initiative, but sometimes they weren't in control of the match.
Taking in to consideration what happened throughout the match, a draw would have been a fair result, as both teams had chances to score. Some players stood out: Yannik Djaló, former Sporting player (ahh the irony....), showed potential and really worked hard, which means he should probably get some more chances to play. Still, the strongest element from Benfica was the whole team, everyone played their role really well; Kalou, the most consistent player from Chelsea yesterday and Cech was also important with a couple of great saves.

I feel sorry for Benfica, but the league is up next and I'm hoping for a great show Monday night against Sporting! As for Chelsea, I don't feel they stand a chance against Barcelona, but since apoel reached the quarter finals.... Anything can happen!
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Not the most inspiring of performances for Chelsea, but at least they got the job done, and having to survive a fight from Benfica. Petr Cech finally rediscovered why he's a great goalkeeper - were it not for him, Benfica would've got something out of this one, some fantastic saves from him today. Raul Meireles's goal was sweet as!

Chelsea march on to the semis, but will face a much sterner test in the form of Barcelona. However, all the Chelsea fans will probably be saying "bring it on" and I agree. Go get 'em Chelsea!
WillMc (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Come on Chelsea! I'll be cheering for you in the next round, time to avenge the gross injustice of 2008! Do you want to borrow Scholesy for a game?
Guidas (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Btw it was 2009
JoePescisBoss (VfB Stuttgart) 2 years ago
Somehow ppl forget that it was injustice in both ways. In the first leg Barca should have gotten two penalties.

And I think everyone who loves football was happy when Iniesta made that goal. The Team who was interested in playing football won
Limme (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@JoePescisBoss WOW, are you saying Chelsea weren't intrested in playing football in the 2009 Semi? That was football at its BEST, if you can't recognize that just watch cricket or sommething or keep your mouth shut
ChemicalBruva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Chelsea are dead on arrival in the semis, there was nothing to suggest they can handle Barca
Guidas (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Liverpool fans are boring now. Before it was cute when you guys were a top 6 team but now it's just embarrasing
Samhoe (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Enjoy Europe League next year buddy.

Liverpool won the champions league 5 times.

They're just going through a crisis, like the one you're going to have starting next year
At least liverpool "were" something, what was chelsea before their rusky owner?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
A great club
Bluemkd (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The thing is reventon, this is 2012. Why doesn't anybody mention how real madrid is owned by spanish royalty for years. What's the difference?
ElProfesor (Servette Geneve) 2 years ago
Chelsea will step up against barca. But it won't be enough...
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Biggs50 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This game was about attack & defence. Chelsea made the most out of their attack and Benfica only got that goal due to very bad defending by Luiz and Cech
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea were far from convincing but did enough to advance to the semi finals. Perhaps it's the fact that Chelsea have played 10 games between 3rd March and 4th April, all of which were must win matches (2 FA cup matches, 3 UCL matches, 5 PL matches including Man City and Spurs). What's more shocking is Chelsea will play 4 “must-win” matches against top sides in a space of just about 10 days (Spurs, Barca, Arsenal, Barca)
Joshstyle (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Barca here we come
Good luck
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 2 years ago
A beautiful reunion

Kick4Life - changing lives through football