Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Benfica Lisbon, Apr 4
Wetporridge (Manchester City) 2 years ago
COME ON CHELSEA!
Samhoe (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I have a lot of respect for Benfica's squad. A lot of potential in a lot of players. Wish they didn't get a red card, would've been a competition. It was a good game.

2-1 in the bridge.... 3-0 in Nou.

Sorry Chelsea but that's how it will end for you
Barcaqui (Barcelona) 2 years ago
/sigh fans like you that give us a bad name cocky and arrogant we said scores like these when we played milan and we struggled these are semis opponents only become more difficult hopefully we'll play at our best and make it to the final
SeanPaul (Chelsea) 2 years ago
No offence to you by I think its really foolish to predict the scoreline or the winner. The ball is round and anything can happen on a field. And don't judge our capability using the benfica game as a bench mark. If you do so, you will be surprised in the end how good we can be
Wingfootedone (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Typical Barca arrogance.... Pay them no mind.... Would love it if Chelsea could keep em quiet for once...
Lampuiho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Cech could have kept a clean sheet if he didn't wait for the ball
Shiwa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Love to see Chelsea go all the way!
Lytsdb (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Hihihi.... Anybody watching these highlights would think that Chelsea dominated the game...
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
And anyone who wasn't would still think they did
In the second half we dominated and created more chances than them, despite them playing a more beautiful football than us. Only until 80th min when we conceded the goal we look vulnerable. Sometimes ppl tend to equate beautiful football to better football, but a better football need not to be beautiful, as long as it can win you matches that's GOOD football
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
HihihiLysdb@
Anyone watching Barca highlites would think they're a messi one man team with a bunch of actors, thugs and whiners behind him,
True to some but not to all....
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Indeed just how Howard Webb won you the prem title. Classic
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Benefica had a decent game, the red card really hurt them but nonetheless Chelsea are in a good run of form hopefully they can have their revenge against Barca. We'll see what happens...
Against barca, we should play to our strength, which is set piece more specifically corners. We all know that barca are short of tall players and the few I can think of is pique and puyol. And we have been scoring goals from corner quite a lot lately since RDM took charge. 1 against leicester and 2 against aston villa if I recalled correctly. That is what we can exploit. Which means that drogba should be played and used as a target man. A long ball forward and let drogba control the ball down, and bring others into play. Malouda should be played so that he can track dani alves back.

In defence, we should use physically sound players like essien, ramires to disrupt their attacking flow. I don't mind if we get a few cards as long as they are not red. Use no-nonsense defenders like terry and cahill cause we can't have some foolish play from david luiz and crappy defending from bosingwa to ruin our game. Ivanovic must be used as a right back since he can be a threat in corners. Last but not least, we should limit our closing down to avoid being out of shape. We have seen that the closing down barca players is like playing suicidal game because of their ability to play in tight situations. If you want to close down players, make sure they don't go past you by any means, which include getting a foul to disrupt the play. That was how mourinho instructed his players against barca
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
You will lose both matches
Its to early to say that. For some small clubs in croatia, hearing the word 'barcelona' is like a nightmare for them, and they lose already even before the game starts. So I understand how you feel. But for a club as huge as chelsea, WE FEAR NO ONE
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^ We fear no one. Its quite easy to not be fearful sitting on your couch in front of the TV
Stawrogin 2 years ago
As much as i'd give it to chelsea, I'm afraid he's right and chelsea will get battered if they play at last night level.
Barca players go to the ground very quick and chelsea should pay attention not to get signal-lighted
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wow befica put up a good fight. They are defintely champion league material. And sexy goal by meireles
Petrostar (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Let's be honest guys, everyone wants to see a Barca vs Real Madrid final, so don't spoil it for us.... Sorry ;P
Guidas (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Don't worry eufa won't
Wetporridge (Manchester City) 2 years ago
To be honest I would rather see chelsea and madrid. But I know it's impossible with uefa
XMan9 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
No everyone does not want to see Barca vs Real final.  
XMan9 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would rather see, Chelsea vs Madird,
Chelsea vs Fc Bayern
Barca vs Fc Bayern.

The whole point of the champions league is for the best of different countries to be facing off.

Not teams from the same country we see play each other every year.

That is really destroying Football.
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Ten men Benfica was 5 times better than shitty Chelsea
Elassjay (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yea.... 5 times better than us.... Eh wait it doesn't add up. We won a team 5 times better than us? Cool!
I admit that we should have played better in when benfica were down to 10 men, but lets not forget the fact that we had 10 same players playing on the field against villa playing with benfica. In the second half chelsea obviously slowed the play down a lot to conserve energy. What I am trying to say is that we can't use the standard against benfica to judge our performance against barcelona 2 weeks later. What is the point of wasting much energy when we have to play almost every 3 days in the next month of so?

However, we should really give credit to benfica because you wouldnt realise that they were down to 10 men in the second half. Very impressive performance from a side down to 10 men in almost half of the game. But the manager was a bit over. A lose is a lose and you should accept it. Jorge Jesus, stop acting like be I T see H
COOLDBLOOD (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Benfica is (x2)better than Chelsea in this game
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That's what they ALL say!
Mi3rebus (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Man I gotta' admit meireles is a good shooter from outside-the-box range
FootyFan11 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
The red card killed the game up but it came back to life in last 10mins of game wooop - Meireles with a cracker.

Its time for Chelsea to get revenge hope it will be a fair game this time.

I've heard Overbo is going to take charge of that game again lol just kidding
Wingfootedone (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I am hoping to see a Chelsea - Real Madrid final.... Would love it if Chelsea win the champions league....

I think they really deserve something for having a turned around a really crap season.... Good going guys!
Elassjay (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Mourinho is never going ot let us win the champions league if madrid is in the finals lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football