Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Benfica Lisbon, Apr 4
CheMaradona 2 years ago
This only makes me wonder how much Chelsea paid the ref so that they could win the game LMAO!

A whole lot of bitter Chelsea fans in the forums yesterday get silenced the very next day haha. Oh the irony of life
Gan3o (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Blame uefalona for referee
Dshar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Gan3o I think you missed the point of his comment. Chelsea's first penalty was the softer then both the penalties barca got yesterday.... More like UEFA-elsea
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ummm.... The ref was awful for both of us. He gave how many yellow cards in the span of a 20 minutes? 6 that's both sides mind you. He stopped the game so many times when an advantage could be given. The penalty was just I do not agree with the first yellow card on Perriera at all. But the 2nd was a clear yellow. It just proves that you can't argue or have a chat with the ref in the champions league or any UEFA events even if you are a captain so it seems.

@Dshar: How was our penalty any softer than Barcelona? Did you see both of them? I guarantee you more referees will call our penalty than Barcelona's corner penalty
Parhamb (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Dshar, you know what BS is? Is what comes outta' your mouth!
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Naota: So now "both" of Barca's penalties were soft? I agree with CheMaradona. This is the irony of life. Bahahaha
CheMaradona 2 years ago
Great game by Benfica I wish that they had been able to pull off this win. Chelsea is really struggling with every single minute of every game but I hope that they will be ready to actually give Barca a good strong performance.

Let's stay away from Controversy UEFA! Damn how many shitty refs are you gonna' hire?
Katana (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Love Meireles goal.... I guess the booing dodn't help.... LOL
Mad93 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Raul Meireles run and strike is class
Spyui (Manchester United) 2 years ago
First time ever I want to see Chelsea win Champion League
Rajnish (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Raul Meireles looks like Robert de Niro in Taxi Driver
It was very frustrating to see when we lost possession very easily. If we play like this against barselona they will not forgive us
Mylica (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Great game by benfica, the score could be the other way around.  And good strike by meireles
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Can't wait fo the semi's
Cfroyalbaba (Mohun Bagan AC) 2 years ago
Damn, that's a sexy smile
Barcaqui (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^^^haha where you been man havent seen you post in a while? Lol
Cfroyalbaba (Mohun Bagan AC) 2 years ago
Sup ma' man. I saw highlights of the Indian national footy team against Bayern Munich a month ago and got depressed lol. Tis' good to be back
Why is no one complaining about chelsea bribing UEFA? Their penalty was far softer than both of barcelona's yesterday.... Their captain also got booked for it and later sent off.... It lost benfica the game
DIDI11CFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Seriously?
Bluehearted (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That was a clear penalty
I'm not implying that chelsea actually DID bribe the ref, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of all the whiny chelsea fans from yesterday who have suddenly gone quiet
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I ask again. HOW in your right mind is that any softer than Barcelona? If you see the replay almost all of that midfielders force is going into Cole. Cole made a touch before getting basically plowed to the ground. Sure he probably fell easier than he would if he was 100% certain he wasn't going to score but come on.... Almost any player who sees that opportunity they will do exactly what Cole did
Logicalview (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Generalizing too much man it was a harsh call but hey we got that handed to us in the past as well. Since when complaining to the reff brings anything should've just shut his trap and persevered
Michaelhahha (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm wondering who bribed javi garcia into playing linebacker.... What an idiotic challenge
Aristokrat (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Is this guy joking? Haha
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
THE f*****g HAND OF terry in the first leg nobody cumplain about that? Michaelhahha javi garcia is not a true defender we had to put it there cause 4 of our defender are injured...
Lol chelsea bribing UEFA? UEFA always against us
Stretch54 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Did the referees help Chelsea over the two legs and you all talk about barca
Ch3ls3a (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Stretch54:
Referees helped barcelona to go through another Quarter Final.... What you crying about.... We only made it to Semi. You know their blessings are with you till you life the trophy...
^ hahahaha That is so funny. Referees helped Barca. Let's forget Terry's handball.

You see, you don't get to have it both ways. Referees make shitty decisions at times. Its part of the game. You win some, you lose some. You definitely have a right to complain about it as fans of the losing side. But then you guys go one step further and talk about Barca bribing referees, etc. But when it comes to your team, everything is just fine and dandy in heaven!
Portugal13 (FC Porto) 2 years ago
CHELSEA WHAT A JOKE LOL
DIDI11CFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lol
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hey avb
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Biggest transfert of manager.... You know how to spend your money
Logicalview (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Gota admit as a Chelsea fan the penalty was a harsh call but for the red card it's the guys own fault if he hadn't complained to the reffs bout the penalty he'd be stuck with only that one yellow card.

Now bring it Barca
Mathen (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I don't understand those who says the Ref helped chelsea. In what way? It was a clear penalty (defender blocked an advancing player with elbow with no intention of getting the ball - definite foul). Maxi lunged in with his studs up on Mikel (He was at least 2ft away from the ball when made contact with Mikel), I've seen players get red for that but again this is at least a bookable offence. The only decision to doubt is Maxi's 1st yellow for dissent, but nobody knows what he actually said to the ref (it could have been aggressive). Chelsea wasn't at their best, I agree, but no way Ref helped us
MohammedSaid (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Welcome to footytube where everyone's team not in the semifinals thinks the actual rule books that were developed from experience are considered BULL s**t. It was a definite penalty, others will hate because chelsea made it this far and their team didn't. Same with barca OO refs love barca! Except every team barca plays makes them look like they forgot how to play futbol and yet barca is lucky and have the refs on their side
Footyfan102011 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
You guys both don't know what your talking about lmaoo....
@MohammedSaid: barca only beat milan because of refereeing as well soo you have nothing to say....
Now @Mathen: shoulder to shoulder is not a penalty.... Secondly maxi perreiras red was rash while jon obi mikel should have been sent off twice this game.... And lets not forget that disgrace of an uncalled penalty in lisbonn.... And also the difference in criteria for yellows.... Cardozos tackle on luiz was clean but he got a yellow and when ashley cole does the same to bruno cesar theres no call watsoever.... Chelsea played like garbage and were outplayed by benfica in both games....
Bluehearted (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That was not even close to shoulder to shoulder. That was garcia taking out cole after he was out of position and helpless, he had no chance at the ball and just tried to obstruct him.
And that's pretty sad that your team couldn't beat a team that played like "garbage" for two legs
Footyfan: I don't think you know what shoulder to shoulder means. Cole was brought down. Shoulder to shoulder doesn't mean you can slam into players rugby style and go "oops!" I would agree with your claim for a handball penalty in lisbon but this one was clear
Wtv I think it was shoulder to shoulder especially considering that the english league is considered the best league in the world because of the roughness in the games.... However as to it being pretty sadd I donno if you no what football is but it does happen that the best team in a game still loses and you guys were fortunate enough to manage to pull off a win both games even though you guys were clearly dominated.... Benfica was one man down and we still attacked more than chelsea.... Its pretty clear who deserved the victory but luck is not always on the side of the better team...
Madrid9 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Idk why people are arguing about the penalty it was a clear penalty what was Bruno Cesar thinking Cole controlled the ball when he just ran him down
Benifica is a good team earned my respect and love to see them in champs league next season job well done by chelsea I think the win away gave them the tie everyone knew it would be a hevey task at the bridge
Thank god you no what your talking about.... First off it was javi garcia and not bruno cesar and secondly shoulder to shoulder is not a penalty.... Secondly maxi perreiras red was rash while jon obi mikel should have been sent off twice this game.... And lets not forget that disgrace of an uncalled penalty in lisbonn
Mike91 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Unfortunately that poor cross from Maxi was going to be dealt with effortlessly by the Chelsea defenders in the middle. John Terry's arm actually stopped an embarrassing cross so again be quiet and study your Portugese league
Slb11kp7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Regardless of whether it stops a cross or shot, it was a hand ball. We didn't get the call so we continued playing. Please do learn how to spell however. Portuguese* not portugese
Mike: Ha! So a handball isn't a penalty because the ball was going nowhere? Nice! I remember a handball claim vs Pique when his arm was outstretched. I thought that was a penalty too
Mike91 your a dumbass.... The penalty was clear and there are no excuses regardless where the ball is going.... And you have nothing to say about chelseas defence because it is terrible...
LoLuMaD (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Could the semi-final against Barcelona be the defining moment when Torres brings back his career. Oh.... What a story that would be!
Styka (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hahahah yeah, that's going to be an epic comeback if Torres sealed the win to make Chelsea to the finals.

Somehow some way, I'd love to see that though
ChelseaPro (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Finally man utd fans that are not fighting down chelsea respect for that man!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football