Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Benfica Lisbon, Apr 4
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Congrats to Chelsea, and nice goal from Meireles
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Meireles just saved many lives with that amazing goal towards the end! Suspense till the very dying minutes of the match. The 1st leg goal advantage definitely saved the day as it wasnt our best game.... Way too many chances wasted, but good win overall. I thought Mikel and Juan Mata were Chelsea's best players today. And Cole and JT were good too. Now Chelsea must step it up for the Barca match!
Npo1996 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Time for chelsea to get their revenge on a certain club. No tom henning ovrebo please. We want to see a good match
Peruvianking (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Time for revenge
Devrod (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I4SUN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Wow.... Benfica shot down by our sniper- Meireles! He took it straight at GK! Direct challenge! One of the difficult yet accurate goals that bent in the air to the corner!
Lol, a real sniper. Meireles has scored quite a number of those type of goals this season
Hajialibaig (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Sitting on a two goal lead and a man up, Chelsea were guilty of complacency especially in the second half.... Benfica's goal was a good wake up call.

Good game by both teams, Benfica were a bit unlucky
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Well Benfica was to stupid for the semis. Unbelievable how they wasted this tie away against the worst chelsea side since Abramovic took over. This chance for semis they will not get again.

Congratulation Chelsea I will cheer for you against Barca and hope you play against them like in 09 but without that horrible late-night goal
Rokudaime03 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Don't worry about chelsea for now. What you have to worry about is Madrid in the semis it's going to be an awesome tie
Pereira (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Stupid?  Stupid are you men! See the two games before speaking dumb  
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Chelsea are going to have ANY chance against Barca, they're going to have to play both the ties very ugly. If I was Di Matteo I wouldnt bother trying to play any sort of football and just go long to Drogba. I feel Drogba's strength may expose their make shift defence with Mascherano playing at CB. In terms of stopping Barca (which is virtually impossible) they need to try and disrupt the flow of the match as much as possible. This means going down whenever possible and milking it, also time waste as much as possible! Rough all of them up as much as possible, wind them up, give them some lip, whatever it takes to upset their rhythm. Finally, set one of your players to man-mark Messi. Literally have him glued to Messi for the whole game, the guy is absolutely unreal, and contributes more to Barca's play than people think.... Which is hard to believe!
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Sounds like what Madrid was doing over the last round of clasicos. In which case, the only question is, who is going to be Chelsea's Pepe?
And milan too some extent
BHAKUNDO (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It's just simple, there will be some hard work but the blues don't know the PEPE's law of diving and fouling we just know is how to stop barca and play soccer. That day will be the nightmare of all barcas fan...
BearWithFish (Manchester United) 2 years ago
There is only one pepe in football and he aint playing football properly
Lotr reference?
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I don't think Chelsea can play as rough as Madrid. That's a Mourinho special. Most coaches/managers will play defence but won't authorize someone like Pepe to hit people violently. Chelsea has done well against Barca in the past. Unfortunately, their core team which managed it is not the same. Drogba has become way too slow for going long. Chelsea have a better chance with Torres. He's quick and strong and knows how to play with Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Mascherano very well.

The bigger problem Chelsea might have is from Obi Mikel backwards. Cole will do well vs Alves but I'm not sure Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry can handle Messi and co
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I only saw 30 mins past live, cause only skipped after that, but nice Lampard penalty, he is great at them and great goal. As for rest of game, the red card for Benfica that let us have a man up and them only 10 men for all 2nd half I'm really disappointed Chelsea didn't score more, I was getting very upset with the finishing, Kalou didn't finish well or whatever, Ramires literally couldn't finish the ball on the goal line, that was crazy, and I really wanted Torres to score! He had some chances but he needs to make more runs in, I love him still. I wish he would have finished the Mata rebound though but whatever, he is still looking good and needs to start vs Barca. I was upset that nothing was happening whole 2nd half, then Benfica scored late and things got interesting and bit nerve racking was little scared, but really glad Meireles smashed that ball in late, was a fantastic strike late and great goal that brings us through
Against Barca, we have to have strong defence and Cech in net, we will have to keep high powering and top class scoring Messi and Barcelona to a low, it will be hard but we can do it, Chelsea need to finish there chances, and not like what they did today at all, They need to shoot from everywhere, set up plays and score like they did vs Napoli, I think we can do it, they need to start Torres too and they will!
Trust me. Chelsea will play very conservative at the Bridge because they don't want Barca to come out with away goals. The problem Chelsea currently have is they don't have playmaking capabilities. Mata started well and isn't playing as well as he did earlier in the season. Torres is low on confidence, Lampard is a shadow of his former self, Sturridge is too unreliable, Kalou and Malouda are on their way out. I am stating the obvious but this team is lucky to be in the champions league semifinal. They're lucky Barca got Milan in the Q final draw. It should have been Milan instead based purely on team strength
Ya But chelsea have the players, Torres is looking great playmaker just not the most confident to shoot but ya Mata isn't doing as well, but ya I still have hope I think we can pull it off to be honest but its going to be very tough we need to shut you guys down at Stamford Bridge and then score a few and play with confidence like we did vs Napoli with Drogba and Torres I believe, Sturridge is too selfish but had one game better he wasn't but ya who knows it will be awesome games!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Mad props to Benfica for being the better side despite going a man down! Chelsea got way too relaxed after Maxi Pereira's red card and nearly squandered their chance of going into the semis!

And oh, dear oh dear.... Kalou.... He was the black hole in the Chelsea team today.... (No racism intended)
Black holes don't have a color...
Kalou created many chances but unfortunately didn't convert them. Not sure about "black hole" in the team, that's quite extreme and an unusual description. It is indeed because of his goal and good play in the 1st leg, that Chelsea was able to still go through despite not playing our best today. So he deserves credit. The entire front was not great today, Torres & Ramires didn't particularly have the best games. And btw if you thought it would incite "racism" thoughts, why post it in the first place
Rajmahal 2 years ago
I think Kalou lacked purpose
Traonk (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Kalou is actually good with dribbling, but his finishing and heading is questionable
Goal of the week !
AkronLFC (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Times like these I miss Raul...
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
?
Subaru (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He was in liverpool in case you didn't know
Shazli - Meirele's first name is Raul. Since how long have you been watching football?
Simontse1992 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Revenge of 2009 Chelsea Vs Barcelona game
BearWithFish (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Benfica played better with 10 men

Kick4Life - changing lives through football