Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Barcelona, Apr 18
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Drogba struggled today.... Not with football, but with gravity
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ha! True that!
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
He went down a crap load of times I thought they would have added more time at the end, he did score a nice goal though and was Chelsea's biggest threat
Viceragen (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Busquets and Drogba actually train together sometimes
FCBinKenya (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Agreed that Busquets goes down often, but Drogba - seriously? Spent more time crying on his @ss than on his feet. If big ol' Didier has trouble staying on his feet with little Mascherano, god help him and us all next week when Pique is back
Parham44666 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Lucky chelsea.... Believe me camp nou will be a hell for you!
WantStrngUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
If referee gives you a last minute penalty then, , , ,
I don't think they will need it^ they put a large amount of pressure on Chelsea just not enough clear cut chances but at Camp Nou those chances usually come in numbers I find it very hard for Chelsea to concede less then 2
@ KidRobe I was surprised by Chelsea's disciplined defence if they manage to do the same job on defending then its possible to hold on
I agree with you but Barca at home have been superb this season it's a longshot but definitely possible
Actually they had a lot of clear cut chances. They just didn't finish which is what counts. It was pretty crowded in the area around the box but Barca did open up Chelsea quite a few times. Camp Nou won't be the same. Besides I do think that the ref allowed some roughing up. Early cautions makes defenders nervy. Cahill and Terry should have been booked very early. Then it wouldn't have been that easy to crash into offensive players
Kraybon (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Chelsea held Barca to 0 goals at Camp Nou 3 years ago. Totally different team and status, but it can be done
F**K Messi and co. I was hoping them to win but I should have known that with out referee they usually don't...
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Derp
Parham44666 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
f**k you moron!
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yep lol.... We have never won a game without paying the referee.    Good brain on you son!
@Parham44666 F**k you too C**T, didn't you watch the game and still don't know the score?  Wake up lol chelsea won the match
Weegeez (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Utd fan making jokes about refs favoring a team? LAWL
Why not man? I would like to say Barcelona are in front on every aspect of game including diving, cheating, getting referee's favor and I would like to be honest they play beautiful football too
Not having an away goal will definitely hurt Barca I'm still sure they will go through in the away leg but it's gonna' be a tricky fixture if Chelsea defend like they did today, but at the Camp Nou the pitch is much larger and Chelsea will get more tired very fast, it's gonna' be an interesting game
The camp nou pitch is larger?
Yes, Stamford Brige is a relatively small pitch compared to the Camp Nou it doesn't seem like much but for Barca's style a large pitch helps them out more
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You would think at a professional level that pitches would all have a standard size. According to Wikipedia, apparently this isn't the case!

Interesting that you pointed that out, KidRobe
Martinms (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Won't be easy to cover the back from killer balls at Camp Nou
Camp Nou is actually wider by about 1. 3 meters and longer by about 3, the goals are consequently larger making bigger and better targets for Barca players. Much like training wheels on a tricycle
Thanks mate^

112. 6 x 73. 3 yd - Stamford Bridge
115 × 74 yd - Camp Nou

Doesn't seem like much of a difference but trust me it is, especially for Barca that big bitch give them a bigger space and since they are used to it a team that visits and are used to a smaller pitch tend to run more thus starting to feel more tired faster
TheMysterious1 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^ Plus 90+ thousands supporters behind them
Yea probably one of the most intimating fields in world football along with the Bernabeu, Allianz Arena, And Borrusia Dortmunds home all huge stadiums with a huge fanbase
Gjfirewallcam (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The best part of the goal is that it starts from Messi mistake
Not so funny though. Mistakes generally happen but the biggest mistake Messi made today was not scoring the goal
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Just like ronaldo's goal at the copa del rey final last year, messi lost the ball at the beginning, and ronaldo puts it to the back of the net at the end (this time it was drogba)
Gjfirewallcam (Manchester United) 2 years ago
And just like Maicon's goal(Inter)in Semi final 2010
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 2 years ago
Justice for all the cheating Barca has done over the years
Ajnag (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Come on chelsea !

At camp nou, let messi or whatever score 2 goals (two penalties?) and put one in at the 94th minute for the 2-1 and qualification.

Jazze (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Ah Chelsea you played so s**t, throwing bodies in front of the ball for 90mins, some might call it a great defensive display, I would call it nothing really. Drogba you where one of the first footballers to start theatrics, and it shows, because your one of the best. Anyway we will see a very different story play out at the nou camp next week, at home, crowd behind them, they will trash chelsea
Chanman (Bayern München) 2 years ago
You mad bro?
No, don't see anything mad about that comment at all actually.  
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Its called defending mate
You gotta' give credit where it is due, Chelsea did put in a great defensive performance what did you want them to do go all out on attack versus Barcelona? They would have conceded alot of goals, it's not about how they play it's about doing what you have to do to win
At home for 90 mins, parking the bus, sure barca looked like the home team. I would call it desperation, not defending. And at the end of the day it's a 1 goal difference is not gonna' be enough to help chelsea. Lets be honest chelsea didn't play football, they practically put the whole team behind the ball, I wouldn't call that great football, but that's just my opinion
Just shut up your terrible at trolling
@Jazze: You mad bro?
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
LOL you are such a hater. Just because you guys can't defend on the counter doesn't mean you can bash our defence
For all those people drooling over statistics, here's an interesting one.

With regards to shots on target Chelsea had an effectiveness ratio of 50% compared to Barca's 0%
Lol, chelsea only had 5 shots on goal, we had about 20.  
We actually only had 2
Lampardlove (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Its called defending in epl.... Well you don't know cuzz your league defenders don't do that often but in epl.... That's how its done.... Throwing bodies on shots.... Pure defending
Henrywannabe (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Barca had 6 shots on target out of 21 shots: No goals.

Chelsea only had 1 shot on target out of 4 shots. Result: 1 goal.

Chelsea get my Efficiency high-five

Keep tossing out all of the stats you want Jazze. Barcelona dominated no one, not even Chelsea fans will deny that. At the end of the game the only stat that matters is Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I like how they underestimated Chelsea before this match...
A bit like you did vs Bayern
Trololol
Who is "they"? Barcelona? Or the fans? Are you stupid
Have to admit that was a good one lol
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Completely false.... Madrid fans didn't underestimate bayern
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
@Osman2793 "I" & "we" did not?
DaGaza.... Real Madrid (pun intended) fans like yourself didn't. Your bandwagon post 2009/Ronaldo fans did. Those fans give your great club such a bad name unfortunately. Encountered a bunch of them at the pub yesterday while wearing my Bayern tie (I was at work all day ). Basically what I am saying is that the real fans know your history and the history of football and the bandwagon fans don't know anything before 2009. You can always tell who has been following your club for a long time and who hasn't. Cheers mate good luck next week!
First game in quite a while I've seen in which the ref didn't favor Barca
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The Ref didn't really favor any team. It was a fair game. Minus Drogba's antics of course
Completely agree
Yeah that's right, maybe tiki-taka without referee's help doesn't win a champions league for you
Yes, the ref was very bold today gave some very good calls even when Drogba fell down easily the ref didn't budge and didn't call a foul, good performance for the ref
Yes true, I think its because they were playing on Chelsea's home. Don't worry they will get enough favor at Camp Nou
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
Are you serious? The referee favourited Chelsea by far. Hardly any players were booked for their fouls (Terry body slamming Alexis for example) Plus Iniesta should have got a penatly but typically no one mentions that....

Plus why wasn't Drogba booked for his continuous diving?
Madrid9 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Drogba played injured most the game that's why he was rolling around I think he hurt his ankle in the beginning of the first half (I'm not shur though)
Glennyboy: People expect Barcelona to overcome obstacles and win. Referee and UEFA favors them when they get lucky decisions but when their opposition gets them, its all their opponents hard work. I thought you'd know the rules of engagement with Barcelona by now?
As much as I am happy for chelsea as much as I am certain that this is the most undeserved win in the champions league this season, no offence for chelsea in the end
Actually thought that Barcelona's penalty party against Milan was more undeserved...
A win versus Barcelona no matter how is always deserved I don't understand why everyone want's to play offensively versus Barcelona, you would get hit hard on the counter attack, you say they play bad I say they played great
Hey, what's your win - loss ratio against Barca again?
Real Madrid wins - 68
Draws - 31
FC Barcelona wins - 64
Real Madrid goals - 264
FC Barcelona goals - 255
Total matches - 163

Let's make it more relevant to the current teams then:

Link: www.checkyourodds.co.uk/football/stats.php?tm1=Bar...

Your win ratio for this season is at 18%
I'm not sure where you get your "facts" from mate not trying to be rude or anything. Although Barca has more wins versus Madrid in total matches including Charity friendlies, in official matches Real Madrid still have the lead
You asked what was our win loss ration against Barca I gave it to you now your changing your question to current teams? Because you don't like my answer maybe? Lol
ChelCordie (Chelsea) 2 years ago
They deserved it. It was master class defending and they took their one big opportunity. Give credit where credit is do. You played well
Kidrobe: How far back are these stats from? From the Franco years? I remember reading history of Spanish football when Barca lose 8-0 to Real Madrid when Franco's men went into Barca's locker rooms and threatened them before the game. Juicy tidbits!
Those stats are all the official games that they played he asked this "Hey, what's your win - loss ratio against Barca again? "
I simply answered he never mentioned current teams in his question.
I think "undeserved" is a very harsh word to use, dude. Chelsea are the only team to beat Barca in the champions league this season because they used the necessary tactics to do so. Barca knows they can beat anyone who uses any type of attacking/hybrid tactics, and Chelsea knows it too. So why would Chelsea go out and try to play attacking/attractive ball (and get beat!)? This win was "fully deserved". I think you've lost your commenting privileges
AkronLFC (Liverpool) 2 years ago
So will Chelsea go out and try to get that away goal or sit back with a 10 man D again? I was Hoping to see torres come out, hopefully during the next leg!
Think they're gonna' try and pull a Mourinho-Inter in '10
For all those people drooling over statistics, here's an interesting one.

With regards to shots on target Chelsea had an effectiveness ratio of 50% compared to Barca's 0%
JoroMekiq (PFC Botev Plovdiv 1912) 2 years ago
It was 100% efficiency - 1 shot on target
Umm 2, thanks
Usman (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Wow this how defending is done like Milan did in san siro and chelsea at stamford bridge. Hope they do well in Barcelona.... !
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
And the main question is.... Would chelsea have made it this far it AVB was still around? Well done Di Matteo
Heck no, I didn't like where he played some players Mata is a good winger but a better creator, playing Mata behind the main striker is a much better option then playing him on the wing, Di Matteo did that AVB didn't
[account-removed] 2 years ago
No Chelsea would have been out against Napoli. That's for sure
DrTruth (Manchester United) 2 years ago
AVB is a good coach but he isn't a defensive coach, Chelsea is a defensive team
DrTruth, you speak such truth about Chelsea being a defensive team. Even when we scored over 100 goals in 09/10, it was based out of our solid D. Also, AVB was thrown into a situation at Porto where the type of players he had happened to match up with the style of play he desired. He tried to force it when he came to London. To me, this is not good coaching. He only knows how to play one way. Lost my respect the minute he came in and started yapping about his project. Total lack of respect for the eldest players of the club and the club history they were a part of. Good riddance

Kick4Life - changing lives through football