Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Atlético Madrid, Aug 31
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I told the chelsea fans don't get carried away with their performance against wigan, reading and newcastle and now they faced a tougher opposition and were outplayed. The score would have been worse 10-1. Where was hazard? And so much for torres saying he won't celebrate if he scores against his former club haha
Zybic23 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Go chelsea Go.... Its ok we know we are strong team.... Better luck next game...
FijianRed (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Maybe that's the problem. Maybe chelsea thinks just because they have all these world class players they can just stroll over teams. Madrid gave chelsea a good wakeup call. Having world class players don't make you champions, working as a team makes you champions!
Celegorma (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Chelsea needs more driving lessons, they have only learned how to park at the moment
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It could be reverse, lol. Chelsea Football Club has to do better than this in the super cup. If Chelsea Football Club had Falcoa than they would have done a lot better, just saying!
TheKeeper (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We're in the driver's training program.
The bus was undergoing maintenance haha
Fabby (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Nah its more the case of the bus driver went off to china so its not surprising to see it crash and burn at the hands of torres lol
Footymasta (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lool fabby you cracked me up.... To true
Tough game, Madrid definitely came out to win today
Eseleaka (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
The fact that Falcao scored those three goals with his left/weaker foot is just mind-blowing. That man is Amazing
Tikitakafcb (Barcelona) 2 years ago
True the most amazingly one was a chip the other was a precise placement and the 3rd was a pure strikers drive all from the weaker foot. That's freaking crazy
Albokk (Juventus) 2 years ago
The score doesn't reflect the match it should have been 7-0, plus it affirms that chelsea champions league win was a fluke
Right, because in order to win the champions league legitimately, your team has to be in form all the time and can never lose. Chelsea won that champions league title fair and square, like it or not
Defmike (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That doesn't "affirm" anything. Man United lost 6-1 against Man city in one game last season and that proves their 10-11' title was a fluke! See what I did there?
7-0? The score suppose to be 10-1
Albokk (Juventus) 2 years ago
@defmike I am not talking about this game alone chelsea parked the bus and were lucky as hell the whole campaign against napoli, barca and bayern. I am not even hating on chelsea good for them they still won the champions so...
Barcelona have "parked the bus" several times on their road to glory. Does anyone discredit their trophies?
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Barcelona "parked the bus" ha When was the last time you saw Barcelona do that? Please remind me. Barcelona weren't this attacking 6 years ago but parking the bus isn't the Barca way. Its perfectly legitimate that Chelsea won the cup the way they did. Even if you said that Inter won by parking the bus, I'd give you some credit but don't try to discredit others by making claims not based in reality
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
Barcelona park the bus? Hahahahah good one. What Barcelona games are you watching?
121barca 2 years ago
I think he is referring to the basketball team
Pretty convenient of you to forget that Champs League final against Manchester United, but I won't break into your fantasy world. When it's of an advantage to Barcelona, they'll do whatever it takes to win. You're a man down with a one goal advantage? What do you think you'll do? All-out attack? Yeah right, no one smart would make that move. Counter-attack counter-attack, goal. Then they go back to parking that bus
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You don't watch football, you watch american football. And we take Socratese's philosophy into account when playing football. "I'd rather lose the game beautifully then to win it ugly". Man just go home, you don't watch football
Do you think about that philosophy when you're diving all over the field? I have to say, pretty exquisite stuff
Rooneycan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Falcao destroyed chealsea`s def
Just in a matter of 45mins! 1st half hatrick wow
Sebs29 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Falcao, is a real challenger for top player of the year. Is just pure magic
Kraybon (Chelsea) 2 years ago
He doesn't play for Barca or RM, so he won't be nominated...
Sebs29 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We can always dream
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I said this last year and I'm saying it again - Di Matteo has absolutely no creativity in offense. All he is capable of is parking the bus. The reason why AVB failed was because he was too adventurous (and ambitious) and left his defence untied. Di Matteo on the other hand, has no idea how to make the team click unless they're playing all out defence. The fact is, Chelsea has many creative options in the midfield. They were playing Mata, Hazard, Lampard. What else does he need to play more attacking football? Athletico isn't exactly stellar when it comes to defence.

Falcao is at the top of his form at the moment and Chelsea could do little to stop him. Luiz is a liability. The man can't defend for save his life. He puts Cahill and Cole is difficult spots by not marking his man properly. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Falcao's calm and collected finishing in the box. There was so much talk about Chelsea winning the Super Cup "easily" that watching them getting manhandled by Falcao was quite delightful.

And let's hear from people who think La Liga is weak. Bilbao manhandled United at Old Trafford. Now Athletico takes Chelsea apart. Madrid plays City in 2 weeks. Let's see what happens then
Gcopley (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
As soon as I saw Barcelona next to your name, I knew your garbage message would at some point mention EPL vs La Liga. Grow up and shut the f**k up. This is a one off game, strange on the schedule. Chelsea did not turn up, and Falcao's class compounded that. It was a freak result. So stop being a silly little s**t. I could be a child like yourself and remind you that the 6th place team in the EPL last season won the champions league. Drop the pathetic subject that is EPL vs La Liga, you sad little s**t
Schweine31 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Funny someone would bring up a "freak result" when talking about Chelsea in the finale of a major competition. All of the Chelsea trolls were talking out of their ass when they won in May but now it's a "freak result" when they get absolutely demolished
Prawntheman (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Yea, apparently Gcopley missed the part about Bilbao vs Man you. ONE freak result? Freak result? When it happens repeatedly it is not a freak result. Chelsea winning the champions league last season was a freak result. Deal with it
Mustapha (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lets face it clear and subtle- chelsea won the last champions league with pure luck. When you parked the bus and went for the counters against 3 consecutive opponents, it need a big portion of luck. What more, when those 3 opponents managed to have about 20 shots in a game but still can't score (hits the bar, post, supersaves). Then with just some odds 5, 6 attacks, you score some goals and again continuing parking the bust tightly.

If the bus strategy was only against barca, then it's understandable because they are barca- the greatest open play attacking team. But when you did the bus tactic against napoli-barca-bayern, then understandably people will raise their eyebrows. Where's your pride? Where's your abundance talent of offensive players? So chelsea fans, accept it with open hearted- last year champions league win was a win based mostly on luck. Congratulations, but don't deny the glaring truth that everyone else in the world see it except those in the London Blues.

As for today's game, it just show that their bus tactic was badly killed off by energetic atletico. Whether it's caused of atletico super effective gameplay or just chelsea run out of luck, it's still a thrashing. And a thrashing is a thrashing. Count yourself lucky that atleti slowed down in the 2nd half. If not, it could have been 6, 7-1.

And for those chelsea fans saying that this cup is meaningless- then why the hell di matteo put his best eleven there? If he is not serious, he would have put 3, 4 his reserves first. And if they (chelsea team) really just take this match lightly, then what a shame they are. If so, they just disgraced their loyal fans who went to support them yesterday (though the chelsea fans seats are not full, obviously). A cup early in the season is very morale boosting, not to say when you win it against a spanish club with hot players in there. So come on chelsea fans, act like a gentleman. Admit the defeat, chin up and focus on the next games.

(gutted to see torres being so anonymous yesterday. As a liverpool fan, the lost love is still there, haha)

Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
That 2nd goal, soooo sublime.    Radamel Falcao is the best no. 9 in the world right now
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I have not felt this much sympathy for another coach in a long while. Rdm looked humiliated, I feel bad for him
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
In regards to falcao, I'm sure chelsea are glad he at least used a condom
I4SUN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Good lesson for Chelsea! Hopefully Luiz learnt something here.... Facing a tough opponent we couldn't defend well without JT at the back!
Murda1 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Falcao is a beast! Congrats to Atletico they came to win!
Auron777 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Nice Falcao! Champions league lose to EL? LOL! EPL teams are like a joke now.  Did I get points for dreamfooty?
Raam1988 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well you guys lost to Zenit too! Wipe your ass before you clean someone else'
Mohun Bagan? Never heard of it. Where the hell was that?
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
You probably never heard of Zenit or Bilbao either. What the hell were they?
SoniqCFC (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Mohan bagan is a football club from kolkata.... Having manu infront of your name doesn't give you the right to make fun of anyone.... Foool!
Bolton Wanderers? Who the hell were those I Wonder?  Kolkata? Where the hell was that idiot?
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Great touch by Falcao

Kick4Life - changing lives through football