Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Aston Villa, Dec 31
I4SUN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The sad truth is we can't finish or execute consistently. We did well on build up (in most games) but we can rarely finish!
Then on the defensive end, we can't defend well!
AVB didn't buy Luiz but at least he should still be a decent defender.
Hopefully, Gary can come to solve the defensive problem!
Kraybon (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I don't even know how to express my frustration.... I've been giving AVB the benefit of the doubt since he came on, but this is getting ridiculous. I've never seen a Chelsea squad play this inconsistent and lackluster in my 15 years of support. This was going to be a transition year no matter who we had as manager, but it's so obvious that Andre is simply deploying a strategy that doesn't fit the current squad. We aren't playing to our strengths, instead trying to force everything. Mata is leading the league in assists, and Sturridge is a goal machine, yet we set up our play to crowd them out and push them to the perimeter where they aren't anywhere near as effective.... Why do we feel that the best way to get a goal is to lob it into Drogba? He's just as inconsistent as anyone and he gives the ball away on 75% of his touches. WE NEED TO clear OUT these players EVEN IF THEY SHOW sparks OF genius FROM TIME TO TIME! Drogba, Lampard, Mikel, Kalou, Bosingwa, Ferreira.... These players have no creativity and waste possession, chance after chance!

I believe AVB will stay for the rest of the season, and I hope this is the case. I don't care if we're struggling, we need to give a manager more than a half season of play to bring the team together. I'm hoping for an active transfer window and that we can get the players to inspire creativity within the team. If not, we're on our way to middle of the table....

Notes from today's match:

-Ireland is a machine!
-Everybody knows how to beat Chelsea now, just park the bus and let us unsuccessfully force things into dispossession.
-Drogba IS NOT our answer to center forward. Torres/Lukaku should be our guys. Sturridge should work his way in as well if we can get Hulk or another amazing RW.
-I love Luiz, but he's a horrible CB. I'd put him at RB or Def mid.
-Ramires earns the hustle award every match and is a great defender. But he has no creativity whatsoever.... Tough call on whether he should start.
-Torres needs so luck, for goodness sake.... He's a great player and I hope we keep him.

Ktbffh!
Kbagley22 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Couldn't agree more. Luiz was nothing more than a spectator on the second goal. We've got the players, but I'm not so sure AVB knows how to use them properly
Robbyb (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
I just saw an AVB interview for the first time, he seems like a cool kind of guy.... Reminds me a little of the Fast Show's Jazz Club presenter. Maybe he'd be better off in the world of jazz than in football?
Nice. Smooth
R9team (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Chelsea is not an creative team.... Must change the style of play
Timai2 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We'll be back.... Top 4 mentality is there
Villacrazy1987 (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
Got up early to watch the game, I live in Canada, and so glad that I did.
So proud of my Villa, you were awesome today.
Happy New year to you all
Robbyb (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
"You coulda drove a bus through there ! And Petrov was that bus".    Classic ! This commentator's a diamond geezer. Quality London accent.
Otisb (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
Loving it! Pure class, I thought christmas was last week?
Armsred (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lemme guess avb gonna' get sacked.... Man david luiz is soo bad in defending.... Covering nothing on that second goal.... Sacking ancelotti was a big mistake I said it from the start...
Sacking AVB would be just as bad. Using better grammar wouldn't be bad though...
Peletutu (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I just don't understand what type of formation AVB plays, The defenders are always in the sleep mode. We need new signings to shake things up and honestly some lads have to leave to make the team more powerful
Cartmen101 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
No you need to work harder  
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yep, I have to agree that we are not working hard enough. The manager needs to push these players and be a leader for them. There is no more motivation or desire except for 1 or 2 players. The squad look so disorganized. Its sad
Peletutu (Chelsea) 2 years ago
IMO Chelsea needs to do away with the old timers and use the young blooded ones. Alot of players needs to be weeded out
Sham34 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Those chelsea fans who say 'AVB Out' are Gloryhunters
TGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Agreed, he hasn't had a chance to build his own team yet but will cost roman some serious $$$$$$$$
Socceric (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ya man. Give him some years and he will be successful. Just like SAF
Iamtrash123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Its not really your fans but roman. How much time is roman willing to give to AVB cause ancelotti hardly got anytime even thought he won the double and finished 2nd place
I think even RA knows it's a transition year because of our aging players.... AVB stays. He's our guy
Ruudvan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Roman : OK is time to spend another 50 million in january
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Want Arshavin for 50mil?
Socceric (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol, I think they're going to buy rivaldo and adriano for 25 million a piece
70 million more like, luiz is just as hopeless
What's happening this season? This is not Chelsea.... These guys play like strangers on the pitch. I'm trying not to be too critical, but as a fan this is heartbreaking. AVB needs to do some serious work.... Even our very best players are playing poor now.... I mean, Sturridge & Ramires were losing the ball like crazy. I have never seen them play so bad. What's going on? Our defence, previously best in the league is now a complete joke. I want to support AVB, but this is getting too bad.come on Chelsea, get it right!
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
Congratulations to Drogba for getting 150 goal for Chelsea. Joins the legends. Ironic celebration from Didier. Was that a goodbye? Anyway credit to Villa. They were tremendous on the counter and could have easily scored two more
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I guess because he'll be playing for Ivory Coast in the Africans football cup
Beautifulgame (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Villa deserved this. Chelsea are normally a wrecking ball when they are at their best - but that form hasn't come around. But it was a well deserved win
They havent been a wrecking ball since last year
Not sure why David Luiz alone is being blamed for this loss by some fans, the guy made some brilliant tackles and won the ball back so many times. I think he had an overall decent game considering he had a lot of damage control to do as a result of mistakes by other players. Both Terry should be blamed just as much. Sometimes Lampard dissapears in matches but I've never seen him make such a costly mistake
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
Luiz could have done better in the second goal. His marking wasn't anywhere as good as it should have been and Petrov had all the time in the world to slot it in. Can't blame Terry for that one. Anyway with the arrival of Cahill Chelsea might look strong defensively. The guy has been doing really well for Bolton lately

Kick4Life - changing lives through football