____Ivanovic________Luiz_________Terry________Cole
Chelsearules99 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
____________________Cech_______________________
Srna/VDW________Luiz_________Cahill________Cole
_________________Obi_________Essien____________
Hulk/Marin___________Mata________________Hazard
_________________Torres/Falcao/Piazon__________
BluSlav (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We do need a new right back but I hope its not VDW, I think we should go for a short term fix and get Maicon on a 1-2 year deal and give Todd Kane a chance to cover Ivanovic and Maicon.

----------Maicon________Luiz_________Cahill________Cole
_________________Ramires_________Essien____________
____Hulk______________Mata___________________Hazard
__________________Torres/Piazon__________

Plus it would be interesting to see how Luiz, Maicon, Ramires, Hulk and Piazon might link up
On second tought make that
----------Ivanovic________Luiz_________Terry________Cole
_________________Oscar___________Lampard____________
____Ramires______________Mata___________________Hazard
__________________Torres/Piazon__________ _____________
Niru (Chelsea) 2 years ago
With HULK
_______________Cech________________
Ivan______Luiz______JT_____Cole
__________Ramires___Lamps
___HULK________Mata_______Hazard
______________Torres______________

If we don't get hulk just put marin in there
I think if we don't get hulk we should still get another right winger for cover, Moses isn't a bad punt at around 10 mil, would be useful at certain stages of the season at least. But I hope we get Hulk.

That formation would be tight with Lamps and Ramires covering defence and going forward.
True although that depends on wether or not we buy another stiker if not, then this year could be Piazons breakthrough year. I suppose we could not buy a striker if we have hulk and hazard should Torres and Lukaku be injured or out of form.
I just think to truly compete with city in the league and challenge in all competitions we need a squad that is ready for the worst case scenarios. An extra stiker with experience like Huntelaar who has a
17m release clause in his contract would good business for anybody and would strengthen the squad formidably.
However we should not spend more than 20mil on striker, if we can't get someone Huntelaar's quality for that amount then we should not spend on a striker in the summer.

Torres Huntelaar Hazard Hulk Lukaku
Vs
Baloteli Dzeko Aguero Tevez
Vs

Rooney Welbeck Chicarito

Vs
Van Persie, Pudolski, Gervinho

Only city would even be in the same league as us in striking option?
How will our team look this season? With confirmation of Di Mateo's new 2 year deal on the back of our recent new signings and players leaving, what would we like to see from our new team dynamic? Which players do we expect to arrive/leave the club (if any) and how much will it all cost?

Here is my example

I==============I==============I=================i
I--------------------------i-------------------------i-------------------------------i
I--------------------------i-------------------------i-------------------------------i
I--------------------------I--------Torres--------I-------------------------------I
I--------------------------===============------------------------------i
I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i
I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i
I----------------------Hazard---------------------------------------------------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------hulk--------i
I---Mata--------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---I
I-----------------------------------------------Ramires-------------------------I
I---------------------------------------i--i--i--------------------------------------i
I-------------------------------------i---------i------------------------------------i
I------------------------------------i-----------i-----------------------------------i
I===================I===o===I===================I
I------------------------------------i-----------i-----------------------------------i
I-------------------------------------i---------i------------------------------------i
I---------------------------------------i--i--i--------------------------------------i
I--------------------------------------Mikel--------------------------------------I
I------Cole------------------------------------------------------Ivanovic-----I
I-----------------------------Terry---------Luiz--------------------------------I
I--------------------------===============------------------------------i
I--------------------------I---------Cech---------I-------------------------------I
I==============i==============i=================i

________________ Lukaku _ Huntlear _________________
______________ Curtios _ Turnbul ____________________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Recall - Kevin de Byrne, Kakuta

In ----- Marin(8m), Hazard(32m), Hulk 35m,
-------- Selassi(12m), Huntlear(17m)-Total= 104m

0ut ---- Malouda(12m), Bosingwa(free), Kalou(free)
---------Drogba(free), Sturridge(15m), Essien (10m), Total= 37m

Total Spending 67m

The players I would like to come in are based on their speculative prices and how much I think we should be realistically be paying for them give or take 1or 2 mil (in hulks case 35 mil max). Hulk and Selassi (from the cech republic team) should be our priority signings.

We need speed and creativity on our right wing, and these two signings add plenty of tactical variety with the RB, RW we already have (Ivanovic, Marin).

We have been liked with several RB
Selassi looks the most impressive player in the not so impressive group topping Czech team and and has shown plenty of speed and attacking creativity in the right back position. He can be an alternative to the Ivanovic style, coming of the bench to change the pace of game on the right side.

A lot has been said of Hulk with a lot of our fans unsure whether or not he is even a good player let alone worth 30- 40mil. While I agree the price Porto want for him is too high, I still think he one of the best wingers (not strikers) on the market. Marin cannot be the only right winger on the team, Ramires can play on the right wing very effectively but prefers to play the middle. Having Hulk and Ramires alongside each other gives them the option of switching roles and opening defences who try to mark them and allow a speedy right back or Ivanovic to sneak in from behind, as well as allowing Hulk to into a central position were he can shoot.

On the left flank we could have a similar dynamic with Mata and Hazard switching roles constantly and De Byurne as right wing cover.

The defenssive midfield is where we have too many option (Mikel, Lampard, Meriles, Romeu, Essien, not to mention Josh) how they will all feature is a mystery. Mikel for me is a starter 100% and as I don't see us playing to much of the double pivot formation this season so at least one of those players has to go. Sadly it has to be out of Meriles and Essien possibly both, for now I would keep Raul simply because we have more time to sell him (give him benefit of the doubt until january.

2 years ago
Where is Piazon?!
Khessler (Manchester City) 2 years ago
YEa what about lakovic and piazon

Kick4Life - changing lives through football