Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
2013 Chelsea January Transfers News
FootballFacts (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Here you will find all Chelseal transfer confirmations and rumours, who is in and who is out? This is the purpose of this thread! I'll do my best to update this as much as I can with every transfer bit of news. Also, if you have any transfer news, rumours or players that you'd like to see in Chelsea shirt, feel free to post them here
Starting with Frank Lampard

Club tell him his contract will not be re-newed and is free to leave. Scores two goals wins game for chelsea. Still kiss club LOGO! SAD

We want you to stay I hope the club re-newe he's contract!
Demba Ba: Reportedly in talks with Chelsea

Press Association Sport understands club officials met the 27-year-old's representatives on Sunday night, but that the deal on the table did not come close to meeting the point where he would consider leaving St James' Park.

However, while the Ba camp has indicated that the Senegal international does not now expect to be playing his football at Stamford Bridge next month, it is likely that the impasse represents only the initial skirmish in a battle which could run and run.

The Blues are among a series of clubs to have been linked with the former West Ham frontman, who scored his 12th and 13th goals of the season at Arsenal on Saturday, with the £7million release-clause in his contract due to become active once again on Tuesday.

However as yet, the Magpies insist they are yet to receive a bid that would trigger that clause.

The deal Ba signed when he joined Newcastle during the summer of 2011 was intensely complicated as a result of the medical condition of his knee, and they have spent recent months attempting to renegotiate it.

However, the two sides have been unable to reach agreement and with the player's network of representatives clearly active behind the scenes, the waters are becoming increasingly muddied by the day.

What is clear is that any deal would cost significantly more than £7million when signing on and agent fees, as well as a lucrative wage packet, are taken into consideration.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is keen to retain the services of a man who scored 16 goals last season and insists he has never received any indication from the player that he wants to leave.

But the lure of Champions League football and a significantly more lucrative weekly salary could yet prove decisive
Winger Kevin de Bruyne

The agent of Chelsea winger Kevin de Bruyne says there have been no discussions over Werder Bremen trying to sign the Belgium international permanently when his loan deal expires
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Chelsea to purchase Ba in the next 2 days.

According to an insider, Roman has violent diarrhea and has paused negotiations until his colon decides to act normally. That had something to do with not being able to offer Lampard a contract extension, which will also be on its way in due time.

Reporting live from Westchesterfieldhamshire in London, Andrea Bocelli
Chelsea have completed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Newcastle on a three-and-a-half-year contract.
Ba joins the European champions for an undisclosed fee, believed to match the £7. 5m release clause in his contract at Newcastle.
The striker, who scored 29 goals in 54 league appearances during his time on Tyneside, will wear the No 29 shirt at Stamford Bridge.
He told the Chelsea website: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud.
"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.
"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.
"This club is at another level - it isn't West Ham or Newcastle. They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare.
"It will be easier with world-class players around, who make the football look so easy. "
Chelsea's interim manager Rafa Benitez said: "He gives us a different option up front. We are very happy with this signing. He can pass, he's good in the air, has good movement and can score goals. "

Kick4Life - changing lives through football