Forums / Chelsea
Order: Newest / Oldest
2012 FIFA Club World
FootballFacts (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The 2012 FIFA Club World Cup is a football tournament which is being played from 6 to 16 December 2012. [1] It is the 9th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup, a FIFA-organised tournament between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations as well as the league winner from the host nation. The tournament is being hosted by Japan 2012

Qualifiers

Afc
On 10 November, Ulsan Hyundai won the AFC Champions League with a 3-0 victory over Al Ahli and will represent Asia at the FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012.
Ulsan Hyundai (KOR)

Caf
The final of the CAF Champions League was won by Al Ahly of Egypt, who beat Esperance over two legs to book their place in the FIFA Club World Cup.
Al-Ahly SC (EGY)

Uefa
Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League on 19 May 2012 in Munich, Germany. As the winner they will represent Europe at the FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012.
Chelsea FC (ENG)

Concacaf
Monterrey beat fellow Mexican side Santos Laguna in the two-legged final of the concacaf Champions League (3-2 on aggregate) on 18 and 25 April 2012 to earn the right to represent North, Central America and the Caribbean at the FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012.
CF Monterrey (MEX)

Ofc
The final of the OFC O-League took place over two legs on 29 April and 13 May between New Zealand’s Auckland City and Tahiti’s AS Tefana, with Auckland winning 3-1 on aggregate to represent Oceania at the FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012.
Auckland City FC (NZL)

Conmebol
On 4 July, Corinthians won the Copa Libertadores and were crowned champions of South America. They will represent the continent at the FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012.
Corinthians (BRA)

Host Country
Sanfrecce Hiroshima secured the final berth at the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup in Japan after being crowned champions of the J. League on 24 November.
CHELSEA61 (Footytube Moderator) 2 years ago
I've never really followed this tournament mostly because Chelsea have never been in it. How does the bracket work? Who plays who first? Is there only 7 teams?
The 2012 FIFA Club World Cup will give football fans an opportunity to watch the champions of all the best club competitions from last season play in a competitive tournament with a prestigious trophy on the line.

This tournament started in 2000 and since then 7 Teams has Participated each time.

Bracket/Schedule

Playoff December 6 Sanfrecce Hiroshima vs. Auckland City
Quarterfinals December 9 Ulsan Hyundai vs. Monterrey
Quarterfinals December 9 Sanfrecce Hiroshima/Auckland City
Vs. Al-Ahly
Semifinals December 12 Corinthians vs. TBD
Semifinals December 13 Chelsea vs. TBD
Final December 16 TBD vs. TBD
3rd Place December 16 TBD vs. TBD
5th Place December 12 TBD vs. TBD

Result

06/12 19:45 Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1:0 Auckland City FC

09/12 16:00 Ulsan Hyundai 1:3 CF Monterrey

09/12 19:30 Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1:2 Al-Ahly SC

12/12/2012 16:30 Ulsan Hyundai 2–3 Sanfrecce Hiroshima

12/12/2012 19:30 Al-Ahly 0–1 Corinthians
Where to watch.  1- Chelsea TV  2- BBC 1  3- Al Jazeera Sport    
Loksigno (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I am having some problem with Al Jazeera Tell me to subscribe and when I try to, here's what I get "Sorry, you cannot access this page in your location. "
Have look at BBC 1 they will show it or Chelsea TV do you have access? If NOT let me know I will help you with links
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Australians, The game will be on SBS 2 at 9pm
My god we are about 11 hours different!
If you are in UK Club World Cup: Chelsea v Monterrey in semi-finals you can watch it on BBC HD Chanel at 10. 15

Also you can watch it on cheese TV
You can get highlight from this link

Link: www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/highlights/video/video=1...

13/12 19:30 CF Monterrey 1:3 Chelsea FC
We lost in final on 16/12/2012  Corinthians 1 - 0 Chelsea    End till we meet next time

Kick4Life - changing lives through football