Don't judge by highlights, watched the game he wasnt that great
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 2 years ago
He was poor, very poor
4X3X3 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
CE L'Hospitalet has one hell of a goalie
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
I agree- tougher game than expected  
2 years ago
Okay so I know I'm no professional footballer and that I shouldn't be criticising these hardworking and very respected pros but I am very disappointed with David Villa. Like I'm not sure he's a good player anymore. His stats say he's amazing but then when I watch him play I know exactly what he's going to do.

Run down the side get to the corner of the 18 cut to the right and look for a shot. Every single time he goes right! Go left for once and cross the ball! Take a defender on with a skill move or by a quick change of direction or something. I honestly don't remember the last time he took a defender on! I feel Messi does too much for our team. He's gone one day and don Andres saves our asses by overworking himself. Andres is already doing his job which is creating chances but today he took over for Villa who can't finish.

I really hope he gets it together and asks Messi for some advice on how to beat a defender or Cuenca is going to start over him soon.

Also I see a big problem with our football style. We need to learn how to counter attack better when we have a very good opportunity to counter. I know we usually build up but sometimes there is a 3 on 2 and I know a good counter would result in a goal. Also we need to figure out a way to be dangerous in the air from Cuenca's crosses that way other teams defence will stop clogging the middle of the 18 with 10 defenders
2 years ago
I apologize if anyone feels offended but that's just how I feel at the moment. Because it's getting too easy for teams to defend against us. They park the bus inside the 18 which leaves no room for us to get our one twos going, no space for over the top one twos because you can be sure there will be 4 more defenders behind the 4 already there
Jmakowiak (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I agree. Arjen Robben does the exact same thing, only on the right side and not the left
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Weak dude. First, let me say that it's this very style that has put Barca on top and has kept us there for years. If you want quick counters or a style that relies on speed and physicality go watch Real Madrid games or just stick with the EPL. Second, 'getting too easy for teams to defend against us'.... Are you serious? Yeah, we had few draws and not every game we play is a win by at least 5-0 (though a lot of them are). And it's also for this very reason why teams park inside the 18 is because they have no other way of defending against us, which is not a great place to be at all - you have to be rock solid in d and have to withstand attack after attack after attack, and all it takes is one slip when Barca is parked right outside your 18.... And what's more, this is why there is beauty to Barca's games and style. It's essentially a puzzle solving, almost like chess, where you probe and probe till you get a breakthrough and this requires immense amount of technical skill (which we have plenty of).
And yes, Villa has not been in top form recently, but he's still an amazing player. He's just not as selfish as he used to be (sometimes maybe too unselfish) and yes, he doesn't take on as many defenders as he used to, but that again, goes with the style
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Dreadlord,

Yousifsaid's opinion was not weak at all; it was well delivered and honest. He's also right that Villa is predictable and not in the best form at the moment. Hopefully he can turn it around soon.

Yousifsaid,

I agree with you that Villa is predictable, but he is so good that he can still score goals and create chances even though any savvy defender can guess what he will do. Also, to a certain extent Barca's tactics require him to do the same thing over and over: cut inside, look to shoot, if nothing is on try to play in a teammate. That's basically what Pedro (or Cuenca or Sanchez) will do on the other side.

I also feel that Messi tries to do too much at times. Hopefully the attacking players find a better balance and that Villa and Sanchez start to score goals.

Bunter86 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
How can you have doubts about villa after the Madrid Goal in the super cup?

He's being transformed to a winger and it will take him time to show his best, but in serious times he will deliver
[account-removed] 2 years ago
100% Agree with Yousif, I'm not sure why Dread says its weak but he's almost lazy. I watched the match and he couldn't even dribble one defender, he just looked lost as to what to do. Since his arrival I have to say he's gradually just gone down performance wise, hope it doesn't happen to alexis
Barcacheerer (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Bunter86 I agree with you 100% pep changed villa's position that's why he's not in his form look at him with the national team he's much better and also when he was in Valencia....

Yousifsaid I agree with you in counter attack point it's absoloutly perfect.... 'cause this is one of our weaknesses and if we did it right we can double our efficiency and scoring rate....
[account-removed] 2 years ago
You need to learn how to counter? Ask mourinho or watch few of his rm games
2 years ago
Some people mistook what I said about the counters. I didn't mean we counter every chance we get because that's contradicting Barca's style of play but sometimes there is a 3 on 2 in our favor and we decided to wait it out till we have more players in the attack.

If we have the upper hand we might as well take it, I'm not saying if we have a counter take it, but if we have a counter that seems reasonable to counter with then we take it.

@Dreadlord and @Rivaldo no where in my Argument did I say I want us to play counter attacking, rough, English football or anything like Madrid because I obviously love the football we play. I'm just trying to say it wouldn't hurt to add in a little counter attacking when we have a great chance to take it and it's sure to end with a shot on goal.

@Dreadlord In the past years it's been where if a defender slips up we take advantage and end with a goal but now it's if a defender slips up then there is 2 more defenders to take his spot. What I'm trying to say is the Bus is being parked closer and closer to the goal and we score our goals from inside the eighteen. I'm starting to think sooner or later teams are going to start playing 4 defenders on the goal with 4 around the penalty spot and 2 in front of them its getting ridiculous. Teams refuse to play football against us this year. They just play the most hardcore defence inside the 18 i've ever seen.

Ray Hudson himself said it's like clogging a drain for these teams when they go up against Barca
Let me clarify.... I'm not so much disagreeing with Yousif's point about Villa (though I don't completely agree) - I'm not happy with his performance either. And I wasn't making judgments about the sincerity or clarity of Yousif's opinion.

What I think is weak, is criticising Barca for what has defined Barca at least since Guardiola took over. Yeah, I can relate to the desire for quick goals sometimes and it is a little frustrating when we don't take advantage of counters like others do. But Barca wouldn't be the Barca it is today, if it did. The style that has proved itself over and over again and has made Barca's play the standard of beauty in football, relies on patience and teamwork. And for all its other advantages, it has struck an amazing balance between beauty and effectiveness and it would be a real shame to give this up just to conform to the growing climate of efficiency in football (which is drying up the game in my view).

[and as a side note, this is the kind of stuff that's been phased out of football in favor of efficiency and professionalism

- which is fine, but it's not fine to forget that these players, besides their technical genius, are real artists - Messi as the prime example of today]
Yes! Puyol had his own fan section
Kitfisto (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You don't see Pinto play for Barca very often, he played quite well. The second save was not bad
Kbagley22 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This music is silly
Dammy27 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
By december, my team will proof alot wrong, especially against mqadrid!
Chukchuk (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Including your wonderful English
FifaXX (Napoli) 2 years ago
Iniesta's a beast! Albeit a small one, but a beast none the less...
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Super goal from Iniesta...
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Stunning strike.... There not stopping this 1
CNichols (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Whats with the music, this is a football game, not master and commander  Great strike though
Yeah, pretty lame - mutilated version of the pirates of the caribbean theme...
Dshar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I thought it was a mutilated version of one of the songs from gladiator
It might well be - they sound exactly the same!
Lifeguard 2 years ago
I've never heard of this team before, but their goalkeeper is amazing! He kept them in this one, gave them a "fighting chance" if you can call it that.... Dominant Barca performance again, good job
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Didn't know I was playing pirates and treasure, but I know iniesta was playing mw3! Boom! Headshot!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football