Forums / Cardiff City
Order: Newest / Oldest
Cardiff City V Liverpool, Feb 26
Kisho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
What a preformance from cardiff. Liverpool struggled and underestimated a bit too much
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Obviously not too much!
Lyndster (Cardiff City) 2 years ago
Check out this video about the final,
Sums it up really for me
Zepher523 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Gritty win.... But it feels amazing none-the-less. Liverpool bringing back much deserved silverware! Adam's penalty had my heart in my throat...
BearWithFish (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What a game
Janowsc (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Why do we always have to do it the hard way!? At least the win will ease my stomach ulcer
Madummer (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Next time please warn us in advance if you're thinking of giving us all a heart attack.... What a game!

Not the best performance but a win is a win. Congrats to Cardiff, well played today
LyverBird (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We hate to do it the easy way, remember Istanbul? Of course you do, you will never forget that night, because like today, we came from behind to accomplish the impossible!
Why. And. W. A
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Join the club, United are known for coming back from losing positions and winning it in the last minute of injury time
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Something to really smile about for Liverpool fans after a long time - at last, silverware is back in the hands of the Reds! Admittedly, Liverpool had to do it the hard way, but they showed enough grit to just sneak over the line. Cardiff City showed enough fight for this one as well, full congrats to them too, they gave Liverpool quite a game and that in order to really this one, Liverpool had to really earn it.

Hutton's save for Gerrard's penalty for the shootout was nothing short of freaking amazing! Steven Gerrard's penalties are not easy to save at the best of times, and that was a world-class save. Charlie Adam's was woeful, thankfully though Downing, Johnson and Kuyt saved the day for the Reds. But man, you've gotta' feel also for poor Anthony Gerrard, whose miss really was costly for Cardiff.

Thanks Cardiff for a fantastic game overall, and I hope that we see you in the EPL in the future. But for now, Liverpool can go out and celebrate what could be a very morale-boosting victory
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I swear his name was Heaton though....    Hutton is that crappy full back who plays for Villa
Hongxiang (Liverpool) 2 years ago
After Adam missed that penalty, I was fuming. If Liverpool were to lose I will scold him in twitter for sure
Inorbit (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Have to give big props to Johnson's sudden death penalty. Nerves of steel
KD888 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Et goal from cardiff was a FOUL  
Liverman8 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We won, I couldn't give less of a s**t right now if it was a foul
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I am just all smiles today
Dougie27 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Great to see that the majority of people havn't just voted Cardiff "Rubbish" becuase they lost
Liverpool786 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well it wouldnt be liverpool way if we won it easy!

Great effort, cardiff were amazing. They really pushed us. Couldv gone either way but I'm glad we won! Now lets push on for the fourth spot
Jazzman (Liverpool) 2 years ago
And THE FA!  
Scarletblood (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I long for a comfortable win, something were we score 6 unanswered goals in the first half which would allow us fans to breathe easy and relax and enjoy the rest of the game.
What is it about us that brings out the bulldog in our opponents, Cardiff had no intention of giving us the cup, we had to fight for it.

I'm exhausted literally and emotionally, fkuc me! Winning trophies is stressful work!
Liverman8 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
So so so happy with the win, finally a trophy again in the hands of the reds. Great game cardiff, excellent teamwork and that pen save was incredible. I hope to see you in the PL next year, you deserve no less. YNWA!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Skrtel would be one of the most terrifying players to ever be chased by
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What a Carling Cup final! Cardiff Score first! Great to see, then Skrtel gets a Liverpool goal, all Liverpool fans and players go nuts, goes to extra time, Kuyt scores a sweet goal, they feel the win, there happy, but then late in extra time, Turner scores Cardiff City goal, Cardiff fans goes nuts, players feel like they won, just great to see, then in Penalties, as nervous a final can get, so close for one team, so far for the other. Gerrard misses it after great save, Adam had a terrible miss! You would think its Cardiff's to win, but Liverpool and Cardiff exchange goals and misses, bit unlucky that Cardiff hit those posts, but then Cardiff miss the last one, terrible feeling for them great for Liverpool fans though, good for Liverpool, but feel bad for Cardiff City!
LyverBird (Liverpool) 2 years ago
This comment was entertaining to read, I've had flashbacks in my head for every line of it
Jointheazkals (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Nice way to summarize things
[account-removed] 2 years ago
He commented the same way on Norwich vs ManUtd match, hilarious
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
What a game.... That's a very long 2 hours match.... Why do we even have to defend after kuyt'g goal? I'm pretty sure if we actually keep pressing them, we would have won without the penalty shootout.

But hats off to Cardiff, they didn't play like Championship team but more like Premier League team. They could've win if they have a good finisher. So many chances to kill us in the game.... I'm so upset with our defences (just like Reina)....

Anyway, great game for both teams, they both deserved to be a winner.
Inorbit (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Agree with the first bit. It's always like that. When we have to attack we play so much better
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Liverpool always leave it late lol. They still need to buy some wingers doe they lack a lot of speed in there squad. I knew that mix raced guy would miss for cardiff they way he went up to take the penalty and the way he hit it was like he wanted to miss. I never thought Adam would miss doe.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football