Forums / Report a Bug
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Bugs
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Pioneercolonel (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ashley Young is my star midfielder yet I'm not receiving double points from him. It's been so since I sold my late star midfielder and changed him with young. Somebody kindly please check.
Cheers
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I'm not recieving any points for him either mate 'cause he's injured.... Lol, he's my star midfielder as well.
I'm sure matt will check it out, are you sure you made him your star player and saved it?
I know its a stupid question, but its a common mistake with our users
Thanks Tony and sorry for the delay (I was on a trip) Yep I did he is my star player, and no it was the same from the beginning. When Matt comes around, hopefully he will take a look at it. It's frustrating though, seems as if I jinxed him since I bought him. If it's be the next my next target will be David Silva
Cheers mate
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Matt should be able to see exactly when you got him, and when you made him a star player. Hopefully we get an answer soon
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Right here is your history:

You bought A. Young on the 30/08
You made him your Midfield Maestro on the 1/10
You have benched him since the 1/11

For the 2 games he has played since the 1/10 he has received double points for you:

Match: Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City Points: 3 you received 6
Played full match + 3

Match: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United Points: 1 you received 2
Played part of this match + 2
Drawn game + 1
Yellow Card - 2
Matt there must be an error. I clearly remember that I made young my star player since day one. If you check I actually spent one of my emergency transfers to buy him and I'm sure that I made him a star then.
Thanks for the insight in the matter but please double check again this one month delay is my actual problem.
Cheers
All Matt can go by is the data stored in the tables in the database, otherwise its your word against the fully automated system. Perhaps when you made him star back in August, you closed the browser before it had actually saved, or similar.

I fully understand your belief that you had his starred from day one, but the system can't accidentally set the dates wrong for a single player. When you click star player, the webpage sets a date in your record, and that's what Matt is looking at.

If Matt was to go, "Ok, I have awarded you double points for every game august to November" then believe me every single player in the game would make a post here asking why their highest scoring player didn't get set as star player back in August, and tell us they clearly remember setting him that way.

I'm sure Matt will check again, but I wouldn't hold out hope of getting those double points because 99. 9999% of the time it has to be user error. There's no code in the system that tells the database to log the star player as happening in October, not August
This is assuming of course that there is no glitch in the system affecting everybody, but I think we would have 500 reports of it by now if there was
Thanks Ant and I totally understand your point. It could be of course my forget to save after as you said and if Matt also thinks so I'm obliged to accept.
So thank you all guys for spending time on my problem.
Best
Sorry about the late reply but I was of radar for a few days.

I can only go by the information I have and the date of 'starring' Ashley Young. We can only assume at this point that it was a fail to save your team after you made the initial changes and that you went back and reaffirmed the selection later
Innoxious (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think I encountered a bug. I have Messi in my DF team and he didn't get any points from the champions league match against FC Viktoria Plzen. I read in the FAQ that champions league match is included in point calculation. Is the point updated on certain day? Isn't it supposed to be updated directly after the match?
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
I got those points. Sure you didn't have him subbed off on tuesday morning or something?
Nope, I would never sub my Messi
Matt will be able to see exactly what happened here when he gets on
I am seeing that you got these points:

Match: FC Viktoria Plzen 0-4 Barcelona Points: 26

Sometimes if you are logged on before an update it can take a while to see the changes on your team. Can you confirm you can see these points?
Yes, indeed I got the points, but the total points doesn't match. My Messi currently has 31 points from Barcelona vs Mallorca + 26 points from Barcelona vs FC Viktoria Plzen + 9 points from Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao, making it total 66 points. He's my star striker so it should be 132 points in total, but the current point he has is 80 points. I assume it's (31 + 9) x 2 so the FC Viktoria Plzen match was not included.

Btw I also tried logging out few hours ago but there's still no change. I'll try logging out again later and inform you.

Edit: Tried logging off few times, still no changes
Can I get any update about my bugs?
Sorry Innoxious your reply was lost amongst a couple of others I will look into this and get back to you
Ok, thanks Matt, take your time
Sorted reply on wall
Ah I see, that was a weird bug. Thank you for clearing this up Matt
Mauijim (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Tuesday morn line up change did not save. Still on weekend team line up. At least as it is displayed in the current starting eleven?

I am certain I saved the new line up in time, which is Hawaii time 8pm Mon night. Any thoughts?
Already bummed about leaving points on the table over the weekend so I was looking to recover some mid week
Ahh, oh well. Life aint so bad.  
Check, check, double check! It's up to all of us to make sure our team has saved
Well, it seems the four pints have done the trick. The starting eleven are right.
Now if they could only get on the bloody pitch I might get a couple points. Lol.
Cheers guys!
This has happened on a couple of times now.
On each occasion, I had opened up the emergency transfer window. Made some changes. Then cancelled out the changes. In other words, playing around.
I've done this several times now, and on a few occasions, not every time, it seems to revert to the previous save date. But then corrects itself by the next day.
Maybe it has something to do with clearing the browser or system cache
You are spot on Mauijim the system caches your team view whilst you are logged in/have the browser open. This is a necessity to keep the site nice and fast(ish)

If you are ever worried some changes have not taken effect simply log off then on again
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
I didn't get any points for Kaboul for the final result between Stoke and Spurs before the penalty shoot out.

"Clean sheet and result points are based on full time (90 minutes) scorelines"
My records show that you have Kaboul on his full total of 65 points which includes the Stoke v Spurs points.

Match: Stoke City 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur Points: 11
Played full match + 3
Clean Sheet + 8
I'm talking about the result point that is missing. Which should be 1pt, since both teams drew at the end of the 90 mins.

DreamFooty FAQ: "Clean sheet and result points are based on full time (90 minutes) scorelines"
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for pointing this out. We did in fact change the system for this year so that result points are based on match completion including extra time and penalties. We did however overlook the information in the FAQ which was out of date.

The FAQ has now been updated
Allright then. Thanks
AlphaPlus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
F. Rodríguez, a defender from VfB Stuttgart hasn't received his well deserved 6 points against SC Freiburg =P
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
1. Was he a sub at any time for you
2. Please wait 7 days for points to appear as they are sometimes delayed
3. Matt will check the details once both of those are satisfied
AlphaPlus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yes he was a sub, but I always keep to the deadline. He was in the starting 11 before last Saturday morning's update. Yes I will wait and thank you ^^
He became active for your side on the 17/09 that game was played on the 16th    F. Rodrí­guez  In::17/09/11
Vivsarkar (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I didn't got the points for Buffon in Juventus opening fixture.... He's my permanant goal keeper.... Never did I sub him off...
Sometimes points take a few days to get awarded. Check back in a few days and if they still haven't been given Matt can investigate
Joshtch (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
The link for Dreamfooty league two rankings (100 mil - 115 mil) mistakenly shows the list for the 115 mil - 125 mil rankings.

Link: www.footytube.com/DFLeaderboard.php?ltyp=lge_two...
Guys, we're getting a few questions asking why some certain player didn't earn any points in a certain game. Matt has to go and investigate every single request and it takes heaps of his time. It turns out the last few reasons points weren't given was because the Dreamfooty player asking about the points had subbed off the player for the game, and therefore shouldn't get points for them.

Please, if you know you had subbed players on and off and were tweaking the team, don't come onto the Dreamfooty bugs section saying you want your missing points. It's not a bug, it's because you subbed the player off, taking him out of the game. Think before you post
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Does anyone here have a problem that some Barca players doesn't get points, like me having Villa shouldn't he at least get points from both being in a winning team and being a sub as well in the game where Barca beat Villarreal 5-0?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
You should see these points on your team, checked as as a star he will earn you 10pts
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Nope, I just checked, Villa still earn 0 pt
Baya10 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I didn't get my points for thiago acantara Barca vs Villareal :s anyone else?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Don't panic mate, they always get sorted out, your not the only one with that player, so there will be more enquiries.
Plus it was a monday night game, so maybe the points have not been awarded yet, but rest assured, you won't miss out.
Cheers, and good luck
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
I already got the points for messi from that game. The night of in fact
You subbed Thiago out (effective from 27/8/11) the game was played on the 29th then you subbed him back in again (effective from 30/8/11).

It is important to remember that changes you make are saved on Tuesday and Saturday mornings 8am GMT
Anhad (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hi,

I was checking my points, and I didn't get any for Toulalan from Malaga. Is it a bug or did I change my team late? He did play the whole game but lost 2-1.

Thanks
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
The same happened for a player of Mainz in my team: Marcel Risse. 1-1 against Hannover, one assist from him. Oddly, Abdellaoue player for Hannover in that game, scored, and did get his points.

The points will probably get added though. Might just take a day or so
I'll double check the point allocation for this match
You had Toulalan set as a substitute for this match.

It is important to remember that changes you make are saved on Tuesday and Saturday mornings 8am GMT
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hey Matt - as much as I love extra points in DF and everything, I have to tell you I was given 6 points for Coloccini during Newcastle's 1 - 1 draw with Scunthorpe United for playing the whole match +3 and for being on the winning team +3 - even though it was a draw...
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Damn your honest Paul, I'll bet most people would have just taken the free points! Lol
I will look into this and update you
The points are correct.

We show the match result score on the player data page but however this match went to extra time where Newcastle ended up winning 2-1
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Ah.... Gotcha. Thanks Matt
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Matt, is there a bug displaying the "current starting 11" in the DF management console? They consist of players I sold a while ago!
Please tell me that wasn't the team that got locked in today and scored for points!
LordLloyd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I have the same problem with the current starting 11 but the points have been awarded according to my final team
LordLloyd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Error: comment body cannot be empty.  Somehow, it posted my message twice. Sorry-
Yeah I just calculated the points. I got the points for the real starting 11. There's just an error with the display in the DF console
Hey guys a few peoples teams were taken a bit early for testing purposes they are not the ones locked in so a simple log in and out will show your correct team
Thanks matt. It works now
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hello,
I registered (vip) last year. But I used the PayPal account from a friend. I'm still vip but until when? Can you check my subscription.
Can you send me an email with the renewal date so that I can pay with my own paypal account. Thank you
Email sent  
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Thanks  
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
Just got back.... When does it start?
Started about a week ago, but you have until the 24th to finalise your team. Whoever you have picked on the 24th gets locked in and all points get backdated

Kick4Life - changing lives through football