Forums / Report a Bug
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Bugs
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 3 months ago
Hi Matt, I just checked my DF team's score in detail for the first time this season and I'm a bit confused as I think there might have been a mistake

My star defender was Chiellini and on August 31st, I opened my emergency transfer and sold him and I instantly put Bonucci as my star defender. I remember confirming Bonucci as my Rock in the back and being satisfied with my decision. He's played 2 games since, won both and had 2 clean sheets (14+14 points). Today when I checked my team, I was surprised to see I apparently didn't have a star CB!

What happened? Is there anything I can do? I lost 28 points because of that.
Please please let me know if there's something I can do, I had opened my emergency transfer a big part because I wanted to change my star defender early in the season, and this would be a major blow to my team.
I have no idea what happened and I'm really discouraged by this as I'm already way behind the top 100 due to this. I'd really appreciate your help!

Also, Kagawa has 10 points when he should've had 12.
He played 2 games this season: 1 vs MK dons where he played part of the game (2 points), and one with Dortmund where he played part of the game, scored and won the game (2+5+3=10).

I'm crossing my fingers in hope that maybe there's something that can be done, but I'd totally understand if you couldn't help me.
Thanks in advance mate
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 2 months ago
Update:
Okay there's definitely something wrong with my account. Right after I saw that I didn't have a star defender 2 days ago, I went and put Bonucci as my star defender again. This morning I log in to see that, yup, I don't have a star defender! Meanwhile Bonucci went and got another clean sheet! That's 42 points (14+14+14) that I didn't get due to this bug.

What do I do?! I'm losing so many points here! Can someone please help me? This is just plain unfair at this point
Malik (Barcelona) 3 months ago
Okay guys I got the reason of decrease in my points during the international breaks,

All my German players plus manager lost their points for the cup matches they played on 17/08/2014, initially points for this matches were allocated correctly bar that matches played on 15th, my player that played in same competition on 16th still shows correct points,

Here is the list of players in question and their points allocation

Points for my team - Total for season / correct points

-Guardiola 4 - 19
-Alaba * 10 (20*) - 21 (42*)
-Lewandowski 19 - 30

I had all of them from start.

Now even Wolfsburg played a match on same date (17th) & points allocation for my Wolfsburg player is still correct, so this can't be the issue with whole day, maybe only Bayern players have got this issue.

Or Maybe instead of Bayer Leverkusen, points reduction was done for Bayern munchen players?

Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 months ago
Yeah, in my team Alaba is also missing his points from that DFP game; 11 points to be precise, 22 because he's my star defender. Same goes for all German players (of which I have 5) I suppose!
I'm missing about 48 points :/
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 3 months ago
So after all this the Leverkusen points are still there and the Byern Munich points and other teams which should've counted which and were legit since they were after the close window were removed. This is making the game just pure luck on what decides to be counted and what doesn't.
It is ruining the fun out of this game
Rubin (Inter Milan) 3 months ago
I agree with ^. I had Bayern Munich players and no Leverkusen players and I lost points. Why is it taking so long for this problem to get fixed? Or is it even going to get fixed?
No zizoo , guys with Leverkusen players are saying that the extra points has been removed , only issue now is that bayern players points are also reduced , once they come back everything will be fine

I know its bit frustrating this year but I'm sure matt will sort this out , meanwhile

Link: i.imgur.com/V6mqtgv.jpg?1
Malik, the Leverkusen game the day before DF kicked off still counts. I still have 35 pts from Kiessling too many and I lack 22 points from Alaba from that one Bayern game
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 months ago
The patch to remove the points for the cup games played before the start of the Dreamfooty opening weekend seems to have missed a few matches so I'll adjust and re run it. So you will see more points deductions over the next 24 hours.

Please let me know if you see any points missing outside of this
Matt, the only team that should have been impacted by the patch should have been Bayer Leverkusen, meanwhile points were removed even from Bayern Munich players. Are you restoring the points to the Bayern Munich players?
Yes, exactly what Rubin said. Only Leverkusen was affected in that one game. Instead, the results from Bayern's game on August 17 was deleted from the tables, though it still appears on the points of players when you click on them.

If the Leverkusen game rightly gets scrapped, the Bayern game should definitely be added again. Guys like Malik lost nearly 50 points there, which will mean a difference of several spots if he ends up in the top 10 at the end of the year
What is going to happen to make it as fair as possible to everyone is all points from the first round matches are going to be removed.

Having one (counting) match before the start of the game and several after is unfair and confusing. So to clarify the matter and put an end to it ALL points awarded for the first round cup games will be deducted.

Thank you for all your feedback on this matter
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 3 months ago
Matt could you put Di Natale back in the game please? I would consider his absence a bug
Done!
Sounds fair to me. Thx mate
I don't get it. Why even bother removing points for all teams? If this situation is unfair and confusing, then the easy solution in my opinion would be to just ignore the fact that Bayer Leverkusen played a cup game before the other teams and just count their points
So the patch that remove Germany cup games is activated -_-

I have lost total of 63 points and as anyone will be I'm quite disappointed, I don't its fair and if I knew this before picking my team I would never thought of having 5 players from be. Liga

I'm really not sure if I wanna continue this anymore -_-
@Zizoo, I would like to know how many points you will lose because of that?

@ matt, I think its unfair to wipe off points from allowed cup games, It was quite clear in DF info that match that will count will start from 16th of aug and TBH I don't see any user demanding points from that Leverkusen game, so best thing to do imo is to just remove that Leverkusen points and let the other matches count.

If you want to remove all the German cup games then it will be better if you remove EPL matches also played on same days (16 & 17 th aug) too, I'm sure lots of users considered these cup matches while picking their teams, so if you remove that cup games alone that will be one less match for user with Buli player.

I hope you will agree with this
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 months ago
Lol, OK. I don't see how this is fair at all though. I lost more than the 35 points from Kiessling and on top of that I didn't get points from Alaba for his game on August 17 and from my Napoli players from last week. The Bayern game was played after everyone saved their teams here, so it should count. Oh well, I'm confident in my abilities to catch up. The season is still long.

And of course the people who think this 'sounds fair' just made a giant leap up. They're the ones who nag whenever a single point too much is given to a player they don't have, but now all is good, of course
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 months ago
Malik has a good point. How come points from German cup games are removed, but points from EPL games played on the same dates are not removed?
The only way to make this fair is to get rid of the patch and count the points for Bayer Leverkusen players, as well as the rest of the German teams. A lot of people would not invest on so many Bundesliga players knowing that points from the cup games would not count. Now that those points are removed, that's UNfair
Btw as Jeroen pointed it out, Zizoo who thinks that this "sounds fair" went up all the way to 4th spot
Malik (Barcelona) 2 months ago
@Rubin, Exactly, I'm still not sure, why removing points from Leverkusen players will create confusion or is unfair, everyone had the information that match played before 16th won't count and as I said it will be only fair if points from other cup games count or all the points from matches played before 19th of aug should be removed.

I had only one EPL player that didn't played, so off course it will gave me advantage but on other hand I have already lost 63 points.
I agree with you, but Idk, it seems like Matt can't just take away Leverkusen's points. I'm not an IT guy, but I'm guessing that's the problem
If that's the case then I'm okay with counting Leverkusen's points
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 months ago
The Leverkusen points are now deducted, as are all Bundesliga points from the DFP Pokal games
@j, its been done since yesterday, I was sitting at 36th place after that, my current downward fall is because of ronaldo -_- well at least I have messi to rescue my season
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 months ago
Hi Matt, is the patch definitive?

- before the patch Jeroen had 412pts (including the 70pts from Kiesling).
- despite the patch having been applied, Jeroen's total shows 390pts instead of 342pts.

I'm using him as an example because on the ''Show of your Dreamfooty Team'' thread, Kiesling (5 goals scored on the 15th) is part of his team.

Yeah.... We all know it's just a game, and we truely appreciate the time and efforts that you've been investing for the past seasons to keep running Dreamfooty smoothly, but I must say that the allocation of the points to the participants has been unfair and inconsistent recently. That's a pity.

I never had Kiessling as my star striker mate, so I should be down 35 points to 377. Strangely enough, Kiessling should be at 48 points now, but he's at 72 for me. Which means that if you correct his points to 48, I'm down to 366; 11 less than it should be. So some other player had points deducted for no reason it seems. This probably also explains why people like Malik (see post below) actually lost points while not having a single Leverkusen player.

That said, both players above me in the rankings have Kiessling too, but one of them (Kylesmethurst) actually gained points on me (and leap-frogged me as a result) in comparison to my loss. Something's up there I think. I wonder if the points of other Leverkusen players have been corrected as well? Many people have the goalkeeper, a defender or midfielder of theirs too
He was your star striker Jeroen, after that game you were placed among the top 10. Nobody would miss this opportunity to set a striker who scored 5 goals as their star player and get a comfortable start with 70pts, obviously.
Roughly speaking, as I said above you should have a total of 342pts (412-70) just like any other participant who's had him as a star striker. That's it.

What? Who do you think you are assuming that?! Matt can see exactly who has been my star striker (Auba) this season. Or do you think I already used up a transfer window just to change the star? I'll be accepting your apology for pretty much calling me a liar here
T'as tout compris mon ptit belge comme d'hab.... Lol anyways, good luck everyone including the Dreamfooty Guru
There is a slight fluctuation in leader board again today -_-

Patch is still not activated, if you check top 20 strikers it still shows that Kiessling have 83 points when he should just have 48 points,

I bought two Leverkusen player after opening an emergency transfer and they both got correct points for last two matches.

With patch still to have an effect and all this fluctuation, I'm starting to think that players playing in Euro qualifiers are also getting points :/
Whatever. I was so honest to be the first to notify Matt of this issue on his wall, I don't appreciate being called a liar here. I had 35 points too much from Kiessling, my only Lever player, not a single point more
St1or (Barcelona) 3 months ago
Kiesling is at 48 points for me and I have pretty much had him for every game except for that Friday game when he got 35 points. I think the points are still updating? Either way, I think those who have unfairly lost points should post here and those who have gained an advantage should too.

Because I haven't kept track of my points since the last set of games so I don't know who had how many points, etc.

And PS: I hope the patch fixed ALL games and removed all the points that were gained from other players other than Kiesling
I guess the patch isn`t 100% complete for the Leverkusen match since Jeroen went from 412 to 390 (-22pts) instead of going from 412 to 377 (-35pts) as he admitted it in a few posts above. (regardless of the star issue of course)
I haven't had any Leverkusen players and just like Malik my ranking has gone down
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 3 months ago
@Malik - the leaderboard will always include the extra 35 points Kiessling got. (Last year, points earned before opening day were not added to player scores, but they were still counted on the leaderboard tables.)
This means that patch is already in effect, but apparently points from both Bayer and Bayern are deducted, I know as far as DF goes bayern players are OP but still deducting points for allowed match day isn't the solution
The patch has been applied but partially. I'm keeping track of how the pointw are being allocated, 'cause if the supposedly patch was 100% complete certain participants like Jeroen would be at -26 right now
Well he is off to 3rd place now, I'm not 100 % sure about the patch but decrease in points for bayern players mean the points still have some sorting to do.

I'm sure Jeroen must have lost more points then expected because of decrease in his bayern players points also
Yeah, I noticed something weird was up, but I didn't know/care to find out which players lost points who earned them rightfully. Kiessling should be at 35 points less for everyone, 70 points for the people who have him as the star. Alaba and other Bayern players were robbed off their points from the DFP Pokal game on August 17, but that was a game that should've stood
Just posting to see if there's an update on the Bayer Leverkusen-Friday-game-bug-thing. Any idea on when the patch will take effect?
No update yet
This patch has now been applied, new points totals will appear within 24hrs.    If you notice anything odd let me know
Hi matt,

Just noticed that top 100 players are still fluctuating, if I am not wrong after last mach before international break I was in top 100 but now I'm down to 161st place, maybe some players are getting points from these friendlies and qualifiers.

And I also didn't had any Leverkusen player or points from that match played on 15th, so after this patch I should have gone up then going down
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 3 months ago
So I'm not sure about others, but the function to click on a players points and see how much they earned from certain matches has never worked/updated for me ever since it switched from just being the list of points a couple years ago. Any way it can switched back to that system or the current function improved?
I second this. This system doesn't work and the graph isn't that important. Anybody can figure out which players work and which don't without needing a useless graph
Jimmybreeze 3 months ago
Thirded
I'd love for it to go back to the old system. Everything was so nice and simple and clear!

But the points will show after 10 games played I think
OK stats are now live for this season.

I appreciate the suggestions so if you want to take a look at what we currently have now its working and if you want to see more/less then let me know
@Rubin I totally disagree. Later in the season the graph will show you when your players' performance plateaus, or sees a sudden upward spike. If the player in question plays for, say, Koln and you haven't been paying attention lately, that's very useful
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 3 months ago
Mertesacker didn't receive any points from the Everton game on Saturday
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 3 months ago
If you click on someone's profile to see their team, it's still showing the World Cup team
It will be only available after few matchdays
Messionage (Barcelona) 3 months ago
Hey matt I didn't get points for Guilherme Siqueira from atletico madrids game on monday
He didn't play mate. Ansaldi did
He was in starting lineup of whoscored, soccoreway and other sites, but in the end Ansaldi started, don't know why maybe he got injured?
Messionage (Barcelona) 3 months ago
Ah no wonder lol
He got injured 5 minutes before the game started. So he was listed as a starter but didn't actually start. I was confused by that too
Hey Matt,

I opened emergency transfer window yesterday (Monday) & sold Filpe luis but he is still showing in my team sheets, the one which is at bottom of the page and it have a heading of

Current starting 11 (next update on Saturday at 8am *)

I changed my players well before Tuesdays save point :/

Edit - some other guys are having same problem too
I'll take a look and see what's happened. Also try logging out and back in as teams can be cached but the update time isn't
Thanks matt, its updated now
I'm no longer first in Dreamfooty, is this a bug?

But in all seriousness: the points distribution is not working again. Or do we have to wait until more games have been played before we can see it?
How long will you remain below the 1st place for.... That's the real question Sir (^_^)
LOL @ Jeroen
Matt, Looks like points for Coppa Italia were awarded only for games on Saturday. I suppose the ones for Sunday will come through tomorrow?
I will sub the goalkeeper before the next saving point, are points for the other goalkeeper still going to be assigned? Thanks
I see this worked out.  But Verdi (Empoli) didn't get points for goal scored, could you look at that?
No open emergency transfer window button? How do I open one?
PRO+ windows are now activated! 1 week into the season, try to resist that knee jerk sale!
Haha Ya I'm trying
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 months ago
Where are points for Real Madrid and Atletico?
St1or (Barcelona) 4 months ago
Doesn't count
I think it should its a UEFA match. Just like the qualification games being played.
If anything these are teams that earned playing this match not team that are playing for qualification! It all gooooood
HangTime (Chelsea) 4 months ago
Is anyone having trouble using their Emergency transfer window? I can't use mine and I'm a Pro-User.... At least I should be bc I know footytube just took money from my account.
Got to switch Barkley, that boy just had to get injured right before the season starts
Dawich (Chelsea) 4 months ago
Can someone please answer this question? I also need to use my emergency tw
Hey Matt!

Just a small question/concern. I thought DF started on the 16th and not on the 15th? Because I know of people that got ridiculous amounts of points from Bayer Leverkusen's Friday game (namely Spahic and Kießling). Had I known the Friday game counted, I would have not kept those players on my bench. And this 'glitch/misunderstandin? ' gives a lot of people an unfair advantage this early in the season.

I am hoping it's a small glitch! Let me know! Thanks
Malik (Barcelona) 4 months ago
5 goals and a win, well that explains a lot, points were suppose to start from matches played on 16th of Aug so that points from Leverkusen match should be removed
Or at the very least, at least award the points for people that bought those players but have kept them on the bench (which isn't fair to everyone). At least this way the people who had the intentions of earning points with those players actually do get points.

14 from Spahic
35 from Kiesling

It could be the difference between 1st place and 100th at this stage lol
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 months ago
Yeah, they're right. It's a pretty unfair advantage I (and many others) have right now. Like St1or says, 35 points, possibly another 14 with a Leverkusen defender, so potentially 98 (2*(35+14)) points that were unfairly distributed. You could even have Leverkusen's manager, which would've added another 23 points
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 months ago
It is a glitch, I overlooked that friday game so those point earnt will not last long! Ill run a patch and update the points
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 4 months ago
Oh St1or you spoilsport! Imma put you on status for this lol
Malik (Barcelona) 4 months ago
LOL tanmay, St1or really wants to win this season
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 4 months ago
Thanks for spotting this St1or! I was a bit confused about those points
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 months ago
Hey, I have Messi for a mere 25m, I'm happy
Lol I think it's just a huge unfair disadvantage this early on in the season. And with Jeroen around, you have no luck winning

And thanks Matt!
Jimmybreeze 4 months ago
St1or, with you around I never have to worry about unfairness prevailing. You're hired on behalf of everybody, I'm going to go and get myself a cold drink
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 4 months ago
Hi Matt, thanks for looking into this - much appreciated
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 3 months ago
Hi Matt - has this patch been applied please? I'm just asking because I need to know by how many points I'm dragging behind Jeroen
Behind who?! lol
Not yet, ill update this thread as soon as the I have verified the points and removed from all users as required
Just a friendly reminder not to forget removing those points
I didn't mean to do it 3 times but even better
Jimmybreeze 3 months ago
Has it been done yet?
Not yet. Matt what's goin on buddy