Forums / Brazil
Order: Newest / Oldest
Germany V Brazil, Aug 10
Great (Liverpool) 3 years ago
We need our Maestro Kaka in the midfied...
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Neymar Got The 10 Number.... totally deserves.... Ordem e Progresso...
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sad About The Result, Glad About The Number...
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Menezes, what the hell are you doing? This brazil is is so bad, it would be an insult to call them brazil. Defensivly, they are so weak, and they just can't seem to keep possesion, like they used to. I also think he has the line up wrong. This would be my lineup

-------------Julio Ceasar----------

Dani Alves--Lucio--Thiago Silva--Marcelo

Kaka----------Ramires---------Robinho

----Pato--------------------Elano
--------------Neymar-------------
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I think Maicon is still a better option over Dani Alves, and Lucio won't be playing in 2014 so it's about time we get a new CB, hopefully David Luiz or Dede. Robinho lacks consistency to start also. And Elano is just not that good to be honest.
This would be my lineup:

---------------Julio Cesar---------------

Maicon--David Luiz--Thaigo Silva--Marcelo

Fernandinho--------Kaka---------Ramires

----Pato----------------------Nilmar----

------------------Neymar----------------

(Front three are interchangeable, most likely want Pato up top if anything though)

Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I agree more with MarquinhoACM, elano imo shouldn't wear a brazil jersey and robinho is best coming off the bench. The current line up is probably one of the worst brazilian line ups ever. I'll take fred out as well
Deepu (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Exactly.... Dunga's team had discipline.... This team doesn't have a chance.... And neymar, what the hell was he celebrating for when his team was 1 goal down and with very few minutes of extra time.... Neymar maybe a footballing genius but I don't nkow whether he has the right mentality...
Honestabe (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Hulk>robinho
Kaka>ramires
NAOTA (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ramires wasn't that bad. He plays a lot more consistent than Robinho and Pato
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 3 years ago
@Marquino,
Maicon won't be an option in 2014 either so you might as well play Alves or someone even younger. Besides, Alves created the penalty kick
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I may be a bit biased here, but I think menezes should give a shot at the da silva twins
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 3 years ago
@Alfrodo,
Maicon would only be 32 by the start of the World Cup so his age isn't much of a problem since Lucio was still able to play in 2010 at the same age and hell, Cafu played in 2006 at 36 years old, but if Maicon doesn't have a great couple of seasons with Inter then yeah, it is easy to say Dani Alves would get the starting job. Menezes wanted Maicon to start this game but he apparently got the wrong flight and Alves was called upon to start. Don't get me wrong, I like Alves but after Maicon's dominating presence against Ecuador in the Copa America, it's too early to say no to him.
And Reddevil278, haha that is a bit biased considering the Da Silva twins don't make regular appearances for Man United, but heck, there's still two more years for them to prove themselves and anything can happen, especially with this poor Brazil team
Omegamune (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Incredible tenacity from that German offense
I4SUN (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Man of the Match: Schweinsteiger
His strength showed the important aspect of which a Midfielder must have which Ramires need! & why did Brazil not call up "Hulk"?
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
That backheel from klose made me have a micro orgasm
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It really pains me to watch this brazilian side man what the hell is menez thinking not trying some new players. "hulk, bastos, nilmar, marcelo, hell even ronaldinho" congrats to meneze for managing to assemble a worst squad than dunga. On the other hand germany played great. Their movement and understanding and passing just crazy the build up to the second goal was amazing and the hustle that led to the third goal is great too
Blackhands (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Neymar IS over_rated!. Nothing upsets me the most than when he is compared to Messi and Ronaldo. You must be out to even put then in the same sentence.... There a numerous productive RW and LW in Europe, who will keep Neymar on the bench
GHOST001 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
He had a fever dude, youtube him and watch some of his highlights before you feel the need to scream out your opinions like that. The kids 19 and he scored a goal against the german national team today, he's had a remarkable season with santos, and in my opinion I think he could grow up to be one of the worlds greatest
Amen ghost
4X3X3 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Neymar is the best thing to come out of Brazil since Ronaldinho. He makes Rooney and Hernandez look like amateurs. I'm surprised you don't see his talent. He made that goal look easy. He bought him self space and caught keeper and defence off guard to slot it precisely to the near post. He's your typical Brazilian forward who'll carry an offense on his shoulders
41200764 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
He's only 19. Cut the slack
Reds89 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
4x3x3.... Neymar is a brilliant player YES. But too say he makes Rooney and Hernandez look like amatures, makes you look clueless
GHOST001 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Rooney no, but I would take neymar over chicha any day.... I've only seen a few goals by chica that werent tap ins, he's quick and knows how to get into position, but that's about it (he's a great player, not trying to take anything away from him)

Neymar on the other hand has some of the best ball control skills i've seen in a long time and he's only 19, check out his goal against flamengo a week ago and you'll see what I'm talking about. At only 19 he has the ability to turn the game on its head; he also has the ability to control the midfield, something remarkable for a 19 year old.... I can't believe some people don't recognize this kids talent
Germany is winning next World Cup. Mark my words!
Higuain (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Great goal from neymar!
Partoba (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Germany was great. They had all they needed. Good players. Young players. Good combination of young players and older players.
Klinsman has started it well.

Brazil has more good players than all of these player. They are no good this time
RocknRoll (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Brazilian and Argentinian players get easily overvalued and overrated.... Atm I see Brazil around rank 15 in the world. They need a new concept
MrFickles (Arsenal) 3 years ago
@Partoba - Klinsmann is the new USA coach, not the Germany coach
MdChad (Arsenal) 3 years ago
@MrFrickles klinsmann coach them germany during 2006 world cup.... And made the team what it is today. He laid the foundation.... That's why germany enjoy success for the last 5 years
Dortmund (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
The foundation was laid after the euro 2000 where germany played 3 awful matches and was out after the groupstage! The DFB decided to put much money in the youth section and builded up a great youth academy and players like müller, götze, schürrle and so on are the result of it!
Demonking (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Good decision to keep Klose. Even though Klose is an older player now, he plays like he's in his mid 20's and has all the experience to go along with it
AlanDilan (Werder Bremen) 3 years ago
You gotta' give it to him! His movement is just insane
Inook (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Was ozil playing?
RocknRoll (Bayern München) 3 years ago
No, neither was khedira
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 3 years ago
Khedirais s**t compared to kroos imo
SongkyKong (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Nah Khedira is more of a box to box/midfield holding man, a back-four shield, kroos is a player-maker/attacking midfielder, both play two very different roles, so you can't really say that Khedira is s**t compared to Kroos, cause Khedira was a key part of how Germany played in the last World Cup
Dortmund (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Khedira is better than kroos! Kroos has to show that he is more than just a talent! Khedira plays at real madrid!
Third goal for Germany was proper German lol. Kudos to Schweinsteiger. Goal of the week for me
I don't see what people see in Pato, apart from his dribbling ability he is average in all aspects and that being said he only opts to dribble through defenders once in a blue moon.

Allot is wrong with the Brazil squad too much to care to type it all out, But one thing duz bother me.... Where DA HELL IS HULK!
AnonymosVagrant (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Robinho is a bigger flop than Pato at least Pato can score. Robinho has done nothing for AC Milan and Brazil
Yes I agree, I wanted to rant on about robinho as well lol but I stopped myself, I honestly no joking around at all would wnt to see ronaldinho back in the team. He's old but WHO cares at least hell teach these kids a thing or two about how to play lke brazilians
Cheesenip (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Brazil has lost its spark ever since Ronaldinho lost his.

Don't even get me started on Robin-HOE....

Pato is a consistent goal scorer but of course the Brazilian hype made him out to be way more than what he is. Still has potential to become a star only 21 years old. But he's not going to be the superstar Ronaldo was at Barcelona at 19 years old.
I'm really really disappointed at the lack of "beautiful" soccer that Brazil used to display. Great goal by Neymar but did he dribble through the heart of the defence like Ronaldo did? These kids have potential but theyve got a long road to get back on track
I agree with Georgio, where IS HULK, where IS THE incredible HULK?

And please.... Andre Santos over Marcelo? Did Menezes suffer a recent blow to the head?
Barthez101 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'm a huge Brazil fan, and this is my take on the team.

Pato is overrated. I do not believe he is a striker that should wear Selecao's #9. He wouldn't even be my sub. The tactics on this team are horrible.

Menezes is playing 4-2-3-1 (a defensive formation) with an attacking team. This is destined for failure.

The best line-up for Brazil is as follows:
4-1-2-1-2 is the formation they should use.

Goalie: Julio Cesar
Defense: D. Alves (RB), D. Luiz, T. Silva, A. Santos (LB)
Midfield: L. Leiva (CDM), Ramires (LM), Lucas Moura (RM), Ganso (CAM)
Forwards: Neymar (LW), Hulk (RW)

Main Subs: Robinho, Coutinho, Elano, Maicon, Sandro, Fred, Alex, Rafael, Douglas Costa

This formation will let them play their attacking football, and will maximize on Ganso's playmaking abilities, but more importantly on Neymar's abilities. It is better to play Neymar as a striker, instead of playing him wide. Then you got Hulk (which I believe is a better version of Fred).

We all know Lucas Moura is going to play in World Cup, so he needs first team appearances as Brazil's games are limited before 2014 as they don't have the rigorous WC qualification to go through and Copa America is done. Same reason to play David Luiz now over Lucio, and Dani Alves over Maicon.

The team is still amazing, but their tactics are wrong.

Barthez101 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Songky Kong, dude.... Andre Santos is really good. If you watched Copa America, you should've noticed that he was Brazil's most consistent player, and played good every game. And he has this certain chemistry with Neymar. Don't forget, the team is to be built around Neymar.

SAF played Hernandez over leading scorer Berbatov because Hernandez brought out the best in Wayne Rooney. ManUtd is built round Rooney, and that is what is important
Ok fair point, and no disrepect to Andre Santos, but I would still choose Marcelo simply cause his playstyle is similiar to that of Alves, they both love to provide that overlap and bomb forward in attack, which was what Carlos and Cafu used to do for Brazil.

But if Andre Santos is to play, then I'd match him with Maicon, cause both are players that motor forward along the flanks

Kick4Life - changing lives through football