Forums / Brazil
Order: Newest / Oldest
Germany V Brazil, Aug 10
Crxxx (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Goetze! Remember this name!
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 2 years ago
Götze is such a wonderkid
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Neymar played like he wasn't even on the field besides his goal in the 90th minute
[account-removed] 2 years ago
The new Messi? Stop making jokes you so-called experts. He is nowhere near as good as Messi.... !
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Did he even mention messi? =S
No he didn't but everybody is talking about it so I just wanted to prevent the people from doing so....
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well Germany are sorted for the next 10 years!
Solid game. Beating Brazil (the last time was 18 years ago 0o) is an indescribably feeling!
After 18 Years!
And great game by everyone. Schweini finally again showing his form from the WC which I had been missing, hoping he keeps this in the Bundesliga as well.
If Podolski doesn't keep up, Schürrle will take his place in no time....
And I still think: Klose>Gomez

What to say about Götze.... Wow, just wow, like he has been playing for the national team forever. This is his year!
The next EC and WC are ours! No doubt!
Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
Lolz, Germany is a great team, but if you think they're a shoo-in for both the EC and WC then you need to get your head examined
SeriousSven (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Well only Spain and The Netherlands are playing on the german level at the moment...
Sven I actually agree, I'm just saying that there is definitely some doubt whether they will win either the EC and WC, never mind both in a row
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 2 years ago
Chill out dabowlski!    He's just saying it like any fan would say about his team!
To me it is not that important to win the EC or WC (ok it would be outstanding....). To me it's rather important that the team show's excellent football and a decent performance
McLumpy (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I was quit happy with the preformence Brasil put out. Sure we lost, but we played against a team that was just better. Brasil has still a a way's to go before they develop into the super power I'm hopping for.
Btw: I think Neymar is really on his way. You people forgot he is only 19 years old, he is just a kid! So when he falls/fakes or when you see his outrageous hair, I'm pretty sure its just a part of a phase. Messi and [C.] Ronaldo are years ahead of him but if he keeps it up you can really do something in the future.
You can't actually say you are happy with brazil's performance, can you? They did nothing but stay in their half for 70 minutes, that can't be the road you are hoping for.
If you ask me, Menezes will have a hard time from now on.

And yeah, Neymar will soon show what he is made of, I wouldn't dare to compare him with Messi or Ronaldo yet, he has still a looong way to go. Only 19 and this kind of pressure already. We will see when he joins an european team (guessing madrid)
Your right about almost everything. I was just trying to imply that Brasil could of done so much worse like in the Copa America. But they had some pretty good play. Sure they didn't do anything "Wow, that's the Brazil I know and love. " But for what they got right now it was okay. You know what I mean?
Oh, ok, now I get your drift  I miss seeing Kaka in action =(
I miss seeing Ronaldinho and Ronaldo
From 2006 until now we have never seen "the Brazil we know and love". Simply, because it doesn't exist. Its just a myth. They have magical games like one in a hundred like other teams aswell, just they are Brazil so they set such a game as standard for them. They have proven for years and years now that they are way below this standard. Very arrogant to still set Brazil over all the others national teams who can keep it up. Almost all the other teams can play good, fast and technically skilled football aswell. Were not in the 70s anymore. Wake up!
KrsmA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I don't recognize Brazil game at all, they played an awful game.... Germany on the other hand, played brilliant with such young squad, Götze is really a great tallent and already a good player.... Germany has a great future...
Affainyi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I watched this game. Dani Alves fell down. A lot. And every time he did I was reminded of the saying: "If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything".

Not sure why but it felt like something I should share. ^_^
Touching....
Jandito (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Actually because Alves has a perfect ball control and he is real fast, so there's no other way the opponent could take over the ball unless they take him down.
I'm sure why but I felt like this thing I should share too.
Affainyi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Did you watch the Copa America Jandito?
Mcgoal (New York Red Bulls) 2 years ago
Lololololololololololololololololol he has a champions league medal in diving but at least the penalty was real
Ehm.... Yup. I watched copa america, copa del ray, la liga, and of course champions league....
Fabby (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yes of course a barca fan would say this.come back once you take off your barca glasses
Jandito, I hate to break the news, but Alves belongs in Hollywood more than he does on the pitch
Audio 2 years ago
Dani Alves is a professional actor. The champions league games against RMadrid had me laughing all day
Dabowski: belongs to Hollywood? Even though he is not as cute as Beckham? What an honour.... Lol
Audio: games makes you laughing all day? How about messi's goal? Makes you laugh or cry? Lmao
RocknRoll (Bayern München) 2 years ago
So Lahm touches the ball and does a perfect tackle defending against dani alves, but its given as a pentaly kick.... Was that out of pity for brazil?
Omegamune (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Yeah that was kind of a sucky call
C8sham (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You guys need to visit specsavers!
Bprice44 (Flamengo Rio Janeiro) 2 years ago
Are you kidding me? How are you going to criticize that call and not the penalty given to Germany? It was such be. S
The difference is Lahm hit the ball whereas Lucio hit Kroos' ancle...
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Still I have to admit that its a call 3 out of 5 referees will make. He should have cleared it before and it was difficult to see for the ref that he actually hit the ball
You're right, actually. It's the kind of clean tackle that can easily look dirty. I think most refs would have made the same call
Actually, I just watched it again. Schweinsteiger did seem to take a bit of a dive \:
Crxxx (Bayern München) 2 years ago
It was Kroos, not Schweinsteiger. And there was contact, hence a just PK. Penalty kicks are always a big debate, but in this match it doesn't really make a difference. The Alve's PK compensated for the first one. In the end Germany was emphatically the better team and deserved to win, which it did with 2 other beautiful goals.

Galactic89 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Well I really hope Götze stays in Dortmund for a long time. That Team plays exactly the style of play that he needs, he's developing very fast with them. And he's from Dortmund's youth academy. But it will be hard to hold him for more than another 2 years.... To me (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan), he is the greatest european talent, maybe even the world's greatest talent.

And about the game: I thought it was pretty obvious before hand, that Brazil would try not to lose rather than attack to win. So I am not really surprised Germany won. But we shouldn't forget, even for Germany there's a long way to go before winning EC or WC. We are not the only very strong competitor
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Dude, I hope your right about Götze, but seriously we should all calm down on our appraisals. He needs to keep up the good work for a while to prove its not just a "good phase" as even robinho had it once.... Who now sucks imo....
But I'm sure Götze will go a loooong way!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
They call Mario Balotelli and Mario Gómez 'super' Mario. Now I'm looking for a superlative of 'super', but can't find any. But maybe the clue's in the name: Götze = Got.

Surely he'll get even more playtime with BVB now. What ridiculous talent he has
Dortmund (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Super duper mario
Dortmund (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Götzinho! Just 19 years old and such a great player!
Michael77011 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Lucio has lost it.... All three are his fault
Bluebird (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I think he is getting older and could not get on with the pace of younger player
They shouldn't let him play the WC 2014.... Will be horrible
ACMilanRocks (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Here is Brazils problem, and this is coming from a Milan fan. Brazil is starting to have too many old players such as Lucio and Maicon, they have to replace them with younger stars such as Tiago Silvas. Then there is the gap in midfield where Ronaldinho was a crucial part of the team. Ganso and Lucas cannot do what Ronaldinho was doing when he was playing, so they need an other player that plays the same way those two do. Then in the front Robinho, Pato and Neymar do not look bad, but I still don't think that Robinho should play as a starter
Man UTD got it too personal it is friendly game mate, for God`s sake you seem like Norwegians...
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 2 years ago
BarcaFREAK, this is international football, not preseason club football where they bring in their back ups to gain experience. They don't meet up every weekend. These are the types of games the international teams have to win to better prepare themselves for the World Cup, and both teams used starters but quite frankly, Germany is the better team.
I have to agree, Brazil is weak defensively (Though I still prefer Maicon over Alves) and Brazil has to move on from Lucio because the odds of him playing in 2014 are slim to none. I'm still not sure why Menezes is convinced that Andre Santos is a better solution to left back than Marcelo. He has yet to make a great impact in all the games he has appeared in so far. Hell, give Rafael a chance, I"m sure he'll be better than Andre Santos. The midfield needs better touch. I'm a Ganso fan but he hasn't shown that he can play at the international level. Fernandinho was very impress in this game though. The front three are fine, IMO Robinho isn't a starter until he shows consistency. I also don't understand why Fred is on the roster. There are better options in Nilmar and hell, even Hulk.
If this keeps up, Menezes will be fired before the World Cup, and I don't want that to happen because I do like Menezes, he just doesn't use the Brazilian squad to its full potential
Michinak (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Andre Santos is beast dude, he clearly deserves to be first choice. I don't know why he's so underrated. But again Marcelo deserves some playing time for brazil as well

Kick4Life - changing lives through football